Eurobricks Citizen
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About manglegrat

Spam Prevention

  • What is favorite LEGO theme? (we need this info to prevent spam)
    Star Wars

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender


  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

2959 profile views
  1. manglegrat

    What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

    Got the AT-AT, plus Luke's lightsaber (Canada). Had zero delays getting logged in or placing the order, the site said it was in stock so no issues to report... Well, I successfully placed the order... Confirmation pending! I wasn't sure if I would, but I got sucked in again.
  2. I spotted that and to me, it looks like the new DBG part is the first non-transparent use of the 79850 part from the Hogwarts Icons set this year... <edit>...or maybe it's a new mould after all? Hard to tell!
  3. manglegrat

    [MOC][Instructions] Babylon 5 - UCS Scale

    Sorry (not sorry) to necro my own thread, but I just wanted to let folks know that if you're looking for a professionally printed UCS sticker for this model, they are now available from the excellent Ultimate Collector Stickers here.
  4. manglegrat

    [MOC] [WIP] UCS Scale - Babylon 5 Earth Alliance Starfury

    Looks awesome all lit-up, @Captain_Quinn!
  5. manglegrat

    [MOC] [WIP] UCS Scale - Babylon 5 Earth Alliance Starfury

    Oh no, even with my epic collection of MOCcing parts I had to order plenty of stuff I didn't have already to build this (mostly wedge plates, curved slopes and 4x6 tiles with studs)...
  6. manglegrat

    [LDD] Battlestar Pegasus (MOC recreation)

    Sadly I've had an almost total lack of creativity on the Lego front for the past year... I haven't been able to design a thing since I drafted up some landing bays for the Pegasus (see my flickr feed) a while ago.
  7. manglegrat

    [LDD-MOC] Battlestar Galactica

    Looks like you found the other thread with the updated instructions link.
  8. manglegrat

    SHIP recreation - EAS Agamemnon from Babylon 5

    Hi @Sanyoh! I like your additions to the Omega design (particularly the centre section) - nice pics!
  9. manglegrat

    Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

    The PaB component of my Feb 5 order showed up yesterday, out of the blue. The BnP part is still "In warehouse"... There's nothing exciting in these, just parts for MOCs, so no loot shots.
  10. manglegrat

    Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

    Man, they're slow right now! I have 3 BnP orders (made from Canada) in various states. Two had PaB components in the same order. My first was placed on Feb 5. The PaB component was dispatched Feb 25 but because of screw ups at the (US-Canadian) border, it went back to DHL to be redone and it was re-sent from their depot in NJ on March 10, but the tracking info is useless so I've no clue where it is just now. I also got the polybag freebie (flower thingy) associated with this order within a week or two... The BnP component is still "In Warehouse". My second was placed Feb 15 - it's a BnP only order. I got an email this morning saying that it has shipped. My third was placed Mar 18. Again, partial PaB and BnP, though the order also had a Star Wars set and a VIP print in it, so god only knows when all of those components are going to be coming my way... Patience... patience... At this rate, I might have it all in my hands by the time summer kicks in.
  11. manglegrat

    SAAB SA-43 "Hammerhead"

    Looks awesome so far! I much prefer the style of the old clip variant, I'm sad they stopped producing them. I have my stocks of those under round the clock guard...
  12. manglegrat

    SAAB SA-43 "Hammerhead"

    Thanks back atcha, nippleneck! Nice video, too. I like the SNOT wings a lot - it's currently only a digital build, I guess? Are you planning on building it for real? The older hinge type you used might have a bit more clutch on the bar/pipe than the newer variant, so I'd be curious how the wing hinge connection holds up to the weight of the bricks in real life!
  13. manglegrat

    SAAB SA-43 "Hammerhead"

    Hey, this is a great model, well done! I love the use of the 1x1 tiles w/clip and the bars to form the hinge in the wings - very cool technique. As one of the few other folks to have built an SA-43 for myself, I really appreciate seeing yours. Love it.
  14. manglegrat

    [MOC][Instructions] Battlestar Galactica - UCS Scale

    Thanks! I've added a few more renders on my Flickr: And one with flight pods extended on the stand for comparisons to the shot in the first post:
  15. Almost 3 years to the day after initially sharing my BSG MOC (here), I've finally finished a fairly major refit of the design to improve visuals and proportions and include a cool engine tweak that one of the builders of my original came up with (EzraTPrice, take a bow!), and I have invested the time to produce step-by-step instructions (slightly over 600 steps) for folks who are interested in building this new version for themselves. Model Statistics 3,493 parts (with 4x4 dish only) 3,497 parts (with Seal of the 12 Colonies disc) 18.4x51.0x24.3 (cm) : 7.3x20.1x9.6 (in) : 23.1x63.8x30.4 (studs) ~2,482 (g) : ~87.5 (oz) Compared to the original, there are structural and cosmetic changes to the head, neck/body, landing bay pods, engines, and the stand. Lots more pics on my Flickr stream! The instructions are available via Rebrickable.