MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

If you want the canopy to sit flush with the opening, simply omit the 1x6 plate, step 4, page 8. Instead put two 1x1 plates where the ends of the 1x6 would have been, one at each end. You can easily do this after the model is completely built with minimal parts removal. You do have to be careful though as afterwards, you can easily push the canopy in too far but it certainly looks better. I have been messing around with this set quite a lot and can hopefully come up with a better solution, since I am not 100% satisfied with this result but that unequal gap really bugged me, lol.

Edited by Johnny1360

I know it doesn't belong here, but this is really special. The only surviving movie replica of Han's DL-44 blaster is up for auction tomorrow. https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/86/1247

EDIT: It has been sold for a whoppin' $1,057,500. 

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

If anyone is interested, Costco has online Boba Fett's throne room for $59.99.  Pretty decent deal given that usually online is about $10 more than in store, but that is the same price our local Costco has it for in store.  Though the amount of time I see this set on sale it seems to me it isn't a big seller.  I would have thought it would have been a better seller simply because of some of the figures that are in it.  But oh well, guess that is the way the cookie crumbles.

8 hours ago, MSY-MSP said:

If anyone is interested, Costco has online Boba Fett's throne room for $59.99.  Pretty decent deal given that usually online is about $10 more than in store, but that is the same price our local Costco has it for in store.  Though the amount of time I see this set on sale it seems to me it isn't a big seller.  I would have thought it would have been a better seller simply because of some of the figures that are in it.  But oh well, guess that is the way the cookie crumbles.

Same in Aus. Retailed here for $160 but I've seen many stores with it on clearance for around $100 (equivalent to about $70 USD, but tax is included). We regularly get 20% off sales on all sets, but it's rare to see clearances like this, especially for the same set across multiple retailers. Guess it was a perfect storm of the set being overpriced to begin with, the source material getting a mixed reception, and differences between this set and the previous version of the palace.

10 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Same in Aus. Retailed here for $160 but I've seen many stores with it on clearance for around $100 (equivalent to about $70 USD, but tax is included). We regularly get 20% off sales on all sets, but it's rare to see clearances like this, especially for the same set across multiple retailers. Guess it was a perfect storm of the set being overpriced to begin with, the source material getting a mixed reception, and differences between this set and the previous version of the palace.

It basically being A mando season 2 post credit scene set probably doesn't help either 

Boba’s Throne Room is also just kind of a boring set aside from the figures, most of which probably aren’t super desirable by kids. It was a surprisingly enjoyable and quick build experience though. The good thing about it going on sale for $60 is that you can buy two copies of the set for a little over  the retail price of one, and significantly expand and improve on it. That’s what I did the first time Costco had the set for 40% off, which was pretty soon after it first came out surprisingly.

2 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

March? I thought it was a 2022 set?

Apologies, I meat October 3, written in American convention. I should have specified, this being an international forum. October 3rd, 2022 rumored release date. 

1 hour ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Apologies, I meat October 3, written in American convention. I should have specified, this being an international forum. October 3rd, 2022 rumored release date. 

I should've realised, I'm not 100% awake.

17 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

10/3 I believe. 

I assume u mean third october and not tenth march

hehe saw someone else with the same confusion.

Eager to c some pictures, even if I wont buy it

Edited by Sneakguest

7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

When can we expect to see images of the set?  Personally I can't wait to see the interior.  

In the coming weeks. It releases in a month, so we won't have to wait long.

It'll probably leak a day before they reveal it — I'd say in like three weeks.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

8 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Would not be unreasonable to think it might get revealed at D23 this coming week?

I dunno. I don't think any lego's been revealed at D23 before, but the timing adds up, and it is a giant piece of merch based directly off disney's most popular disney+ show... I wouldn't bet on it, but I wouldn't bet against it either.

Not sure if this is still the case, but I was at WalMart a couple of weeks ago and found they had a lot of LEGO on clearance, including SW (which, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to happen often).  They had the Duel on Mandalore for $13, Trexler Marauder for like $30ish, and the Mandalorian Starfighter for $40.  This specific location had a lot of each set, though it was also in a smaller town, so that might be why.  Anyway, I grabbed one Mandalorian Starfighter, as I'd been waiting for a price reduction for a while, but figured it could be worth checking your WM if you haven't already.

On 2/21/2022 at 6:23 PM, Willsy said:

Also I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'm actually rather surprised that Lego have never used this piece for the Darksaber:

BrickLink - Part 37341c : LEGO Minifigure, Weapon Sword Blade with Bar, Square Crossguard [Minifigure, Weapon] - BrickLink Reference Catalog

Sadly it's not been produced in black, because trying a silver version on a gunmetal grey hilt, it's a pretty good representation on the Darksaber barring the inaccurate colour. Surely Gideon's cruiser would have been a good time to use it, let alone Mando's N-1. 

Painting should work. Cutting a standard samurai sword should work. There is also a great 3rd party custom piece available. 

4 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Painting should work. Cutting a standard samurai sword should work. There is also a great 3rd party custom piece available. 

If that works for you, go for it, but a lot of us are looking for a more purist-y solution that doesn't involve modifying LEGO pieces or using 3rd party pieces. I just wish LEGO would do a new mould for it themselves.

I just got the inquisitor Scythe transport. This might be one of my favorite Star Wars sets ever. The shaping on the nose and angles are awesome. Super cool building experience and it looks so cool and clean when it's completed. 

Edited by Zap Rowsdower

16 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Given the Marvel reveals that are in the same month of release (same week allegedly) hopefully we get more Razor Crest info soon!

Well we are bound to, because it's coming out in four weeks.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

On 9/5/2022 at 12:34 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I dunno. I don't think any lego's been revealed at D23 before, but the timing adds up, and it is a giant piece of merch based directly off disney's most popular disney+ show... I wouldn't bet on it, but I wouldn't bet against it either.

Well if it happens it'll be today, so we'll see soon enough.

Edit: evidently it did not happen.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Lego Stores are apparently starting to be sent copies (along with the Winter Village set) so we can expect pictures any day now, whether they be leaks or an official reveal.