MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Assuming this rumor is legit, I definitely don’t foresee this figure remaining exclusive for long. We’re almost certainly getting a set or two for the Ahsoka series next year. Maybe they’ll give her some printed arms here and not any other sets but we’ll see. 

There might be some exclusive side leg printing or dual molded limbs but I don't think arm printing will be UCS exclusive. Arm printing seems to be the norm for important characters now, based on what we've seen with beskar Din Djarin, repainted Boba, Fennec Shand and Darth Vader. So far the only time they have removed arm printing was on Darth Vader in the 2021 imperial shuttle, which later returned in the meditation chamber and Kenobi duel which are both cheaper sets than the shuttle.

I knew Kuill would be an exclusive figure as soon as I heard about a UCS Razor Crest but WOW that his horrendous. It looks like a basset hound and it's waaay too big. 

Hmm, I might have to not get the regular razor crest, and get the sanctummy later than I'd planned because this sounds like something I want but between with the castle and the sanctum sanctorm, the sanctummy loses.

Kuill is okay actually not perfect but okay.

42 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looks much more accurate than the game version

It really doesn't. The head proportions are so laughably wrong.

A UCS Razor Crest saves me money, but the amount of exclusive minifigures is disheartening. 

I guess on the bright side Ahsoka is almost certainly coming in other sets, but no chance that happens with Kuiil. I really hope that characters we’ve never gotten like the Client or the Mythrol don’t come in this set. 

On the one positive outlook, minifig scale UCS sets are a thing that I’d love to see continue, since the over or under sized models don’t interest me at all.

11 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

LEGO have mercy on us please aaahhhhhhh whyyy it’s painful to look at

The old ugnaught mould was so good, why’d they have to stuff it up like this??? 😭 I’m not normally one to complain about LEGO making small unideal design choices but this one’s just… bruh

Please be fake, please be fake, please be fake…

I have not seen any customizers who can do that good job so I would be shocked if its a fake

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Am I the only one who likes it? :snicker: Looks much more accurate than the game version

I dont like it, I love it. I never had a puppy so a dream come true! 

I am very open to seeing some more pictures, but from the one image we have - wow this looks really objectively bad :wacko:

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

The camera angle won’t help. We never learn. Wait until more photos just like with loads of other sets E.g., Fighter Tank.

Lol no.

Fighter Tank was am actual set, and it was displayed in an extremely wierd angle.

This is a single minifigure. Shown perfectly from the front. Which is like literally the best angle you could ask for.

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lol no.

Fighter Tank was am actual set, and it was displayed in an extremely wierd angle.

This is a single minifigure. Shown perfectly from the front. Which is like literally the best angle you could ask for.

There’s already a different picture where the figure looks significantly better.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lol no.

I get what you’re saying, but it really isn’t. The camera and the minifigure aren’t flat and in line, so to speak .

I’m not saying it’s going to magically look good, but reactions such as the one displayed by yourself are perhaps, premature.

I don’t think you’ll ever like it, but you might have different opinions once more photos with new angles are shown. 

1 hour ago, FoggyFate said:

There’s already a different picture where the figure looks significantly better.

Yes, this. Reactionary central this forum is, which is its function, I suppose. 

If the UCS Razor Crest is indeed minifig scale, it is not unlikely it will include more than two minifigures as previuos UCS minifig scale sets. This UCS Razor Crest could have for instance 4-6 minifigures (of which 1-2 could be exclusive). This might also better justify the price tag.

I still it looks okay. The face is a little stretched out but eh, I can live with it. My bigger problem is that the skin tone is a little too pale imo, but I'm still just happy to be getting the character. That just leaves The Client and Incinerator Stormtrooper as notable figures missing from Season One.

Again, take this with a massive grain of salt, but Republic Studs also believes that The Mythrol will be included in the Razor Crest. If this turns out to be true, that'd be a pleasant surprise because I wasn't expecting to get that character in Lego form with the recent allegations against the actor. 

Edited by The Stud

23 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I still it looks okay. The face is a little stretched out but eh, I can live with it. My bigger problem is that the skin tone is a little too pale imo, but I'm still just happy to be getting the character. That just leaves The Client and Incinerator Stormtrooper as notable figures missing from Season One.

Again, take this with a massive grain of salt, but Republic Studs also believes that The Mythrol will be included in the Razor Crest. If this turns out to be true, that'd be a pleasant surprise because I wasn't expecting to get that character in Lego form with the recent allegations against the actor. 

Well I mean there are way more notable characters from season 1 than the Incinerator Trooper, who only appeared for a few seconds. The Mythrol, Omera, Toro Calican, Dr. Pershing*, and all of Ranzar Malk’s crew are way more notable. (*Although Pershing is also in seasons 2 & 3, so he’s still a good bet for a future set)

I wasn’t at all aware of the situation with the guy who played the Mythrol until reading your comment, so I’m definitely not interested in getting a Mythrol minifigure anymore. 

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

54 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Well I mean there are way more notable characters from season 1 than the Incinerator Trooper, who only appeared for a few seconds. The Mythrol, Omera, Toro Calican, Dr. Pershing*, and all of Ranzar Malk’s crew are way more notable. (*Although Pershing is also in seasons 2 & 3, so he’s still a good bet for a future set)

I wasn’t at all aware of the situation with the guy who played the Mythrol until reading your comment, so I’m definitely not interested in getting a Mythrol minifigure anymore. 

For me, a notable character would be one that’s either featured a lot in promotional material/other merchandise (like the Incinerator Stormtrooper) or appears in multiple episodes (like The Client). Most of those other characters only showed up once or will likely return in the future. For example, Pershing like you said and Mayfeld also comes to mind.

I’m glad to supposedly be getting this figure but yeah, the whole situation with the actor really puts a damper on things. It’s part of the reason why a Frog Lady was higher on my wishlist for recurring characters, as the actress is unproblematic and it would have been cool to get two of her characters. (She was also the person physically portraying Kuiil.) 

Edited by The Stud

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

For me, a notable character would be one that’s either featured a lot in promotional material/other merchandise (like the Incinerator Stormtrooper) or appears in multiple episodes (like The Client). Most of those other characters only showed up once or will likely return in the future. For example, Pershing like you said and Mayfeld also comes to mind.

I’m glad to supposedly be getting this figure but yeah, the whole situation with the actor really puts a damper on things. It’s part of the reason why a Frog Lady was higher on my wishlist for recurring characters, as the actress is unproblematic and it would have been cool to get two of her characters. (She was also the person physically portraying Kuiil.) 

The only reason that the Incinerator Trooper appears a lot in other merchandising is because it’s a Stormtrooper, and doesn’t require a new mould for action figure companies to produce. (Which is probably the same reason why the artillery stormtrooper is included in the Trexler Marauder as opposed to the Mythrol, since it didn’t need a new mould.) Plus in terms of characters revealed (or used in toys) before the show comes out, the Stormtroopers are obvious choices, because they reveal pretty much nothing about the plot. 

Aside from the Client I don’t expect to get any of the one-off season one characters, but I’d definitely rather get them than another Stormtrooper variant we saw one time for a few seconds. 

A Frog Lady would be great, but I’m sort of glad she's probably not coming in the Razor Crest since I want her minifigure, and definitely don't want to buy the Razor Crest. 

And a random somewhat related thought, it’s funny that Kuiil gets short legs, while Peli Motto and Leia get full-sized legs, despite them being only 4 inches taller than Kuiil. 

I don't think Kuiil looks great, but I think slapping some medium legs would help a little. Unless I'm just completely misremembering, Kuiil seemed taller than any of the other Ugnaught's we've seen so throwing on some slightly bigger legs might help it look a little too, top heavy?