MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Oh nice, the Star Wars magazine does seem to be including figs more often which is nice. I don’t want to pay that price for a mircoscale ship but for a fig I want, it’s not bad.

I just hope it brings bricklink prices down. Or that they expand the magazine to the US.

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I just hope it brings bricklink prices down. Or that they expand the magazine to the US.

It seems to have that effect on BL prices in general, even though the magazine isn't available in the US.  For example, Cloud City Luke is like a $5 figure now, I think almost entirely because he was in one of those magazines, since the only other ways to get him were a $350 MBS set that's retired and currently goes for $500+ sealed, or a regional exclusive that still is over $100 to get today.  

I think since there are tons of European sellers that can sell the figure for cheap, sellers in North America have to reduce their prices, otherwise they just aren't going to sell.  For Luke, it seems like most of the cheapest BL lots are in Europe, but there are stores in America that still have him for $8-9, a far cry from the $25-30 he was before the foil pack came out (and honestly, I think that amount would be a lot higher now if it weren't for the additional releases, since all of Han, Lando, Leia and Boba Fett from that set have shot up over the past couple of years).

18 hours ago, wesker said:

Hopefully they don't let those new parts go to waste and come out with a live action variant from TBOBF in the near future.

I doubt it. I think they’re betting that one of the reasons people will buy the set is to get Cad Bane to use for BOBF stuff. 
If I’m right with that unknown set from the back of the instructions being a Sanctuary and Scorpenek, he’ll go especially well with that. 

Edited by AD_Bricks

The list of almost all 75340 SW Advent Calendar builds is available thanks to Promobricks.

Spoiler
  • Darth Vader in Beach outfit (as shown at SWC)
  • R2-D2 with C-3PO-Sweater (maybe back print like this: https://www.instagram.com/p/CepszVAO7RD/)
  • C-3PO with R2-D2-Sweater
  • Santa-GONK
  • Snowtrooper
  • Luke Skywalker in Hoth Outfit
  • Clone Trooper Commander
  • Battle droid
  • T-16 Skyhopper
  • Republic Gunship
  • Bad Batch Shuttle
  • Darth Vader's Sandcastle
  • Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder
  • V-35 Landspeeder
  • Acclamator-class assault transport
  • B-Wing
  • Tie Interceptor
  • Droid Tri Fighter
  • AT-ST
  • Evaporator

11 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

The list of almost all 75340 SW Advent Calendar builds is available thanks to Promobricks.

Hide contents
  • Darth Vader in Beach outfit (as shown at SWC)
  • R2-D2 with C-3PO-Sweater (maybe back print like this: https://www.instagram.com/p/CepszVAO7RD/)
  • C-3PO with R2-D2-Sweater
  • Santa-GONK
  • Snowtrooper
  • Luke Skywalker in Hoth Outfit
  • Clone Trooper Commander
  • Battle droid
  • T-16 Skyhopper
  • Republic Gunship
  • Bad Batch Shuttle
  • Darth Vader's Sandcastle
  • Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder
  • V-35 Landspeeder
  • Acclamator-class assault transport
  • B-Wing
  • Tie Interceptor
  • Droid Tri Fighter
  • AT-ST
  • Evaporator

Vader, R2D2 and C3PO are amazing, the rest of the line up is a bummer. I miss those times where we got special figures like Antoc Merrick...

7 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I doubt it. I think they’re betting that one of the reasons people will buy the set is to get Cad Bane to use for BOBF stuff. 
If I’m right with that unknown set from the back of the instructions being a Sanctuary and Scorpenek, he’ll go especially well with that. 

Locking cad bane behind a $160 set where he and Omega are the only real draw is one thing. Putting him in that set at least in part expecting people to buy it so they can use that cad bane, who's not in the right outfit for TBOBF, in TBOBF sets would drive me nuts.

6 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

We're getting more commanders than regular troopers...

Yeah, that's annoying me a bit. The gunship was fine, because people hopefully aren't army-building those. The accessory pack is a little worse, but at least it had more standard clones than ranked ones in the set. The advent calendar, though...agh. I used them for army-building, but this has what, 2 figures you can army-build, one of which is just the standard battle droid?

Mere hours from LEGO Con and we haven’t had any proper images of the AT-TE or Justifier! Things are looking up!

On 6/17/2022 at 2:34 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Supposedly the next figure in the lego star wars magazine will be the mandalorian loyalist. Jealous of you guys in europe if that's true. 

In Germany we will get Darth Maul with the magazine that releases next week on 25th june.

Well the AC sounds super lame. They could have at least included a P1 Shiny instead of a Commander. They’re making it easier to mass Commanders than regular clones. Oh well. Cody and the clone gunner both look great! My only real gripe with Cody is the same thing everyone else is saying: I don’t like the visor, it’s way too big and just looks weird. At least they recolored it this time. Maybe it will come with a spare we can use for our old TCW Cody minfigs

On 6/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, AD_Bricks said:

What do you mean? They… did make a new mould, and… it does in fact have the indent, which is how Cody has the 2008 visor 

:facepalm: Wrong picture. Sorry. Glad they did and looks great.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA OMG I’M DYING

THE AT-TE AND JUSTIFIER LEAKED MERE MINUTES BEFORE THE REVEAL

Welp the gold on the at te is a thing lol I guess ep 3 is considered clone wars and obis was just before it so I guess that makes sense.AT TE is really good though love that it resembles 2013 but a bit better.Cads ship looks pretty nice but I’ll wait for it to be 100.

The pictures are on Instagram.

I want the minifigs, but €160 for that ship… terrible.

Not huge on Clone Wars stuff but the AT-TE looks good Imo.

AT TE is a top top top set. One of the best sets released in the last 5 years, hands down. 

The Justifier is really cool too, just a discount is needed. 

Overall, the summer wave was solid. Major improvements. Good job Lego. 

What Minifigures do we cry for next? Gregor? Clone Wars Crosshair?

But seriously, the new sets are beautiful. I'm impressed that they didn't leak until 30 minutes before the reveal. The one qualm is, of course, the price. Wish they had swapped price points.

I'm looking at them and... yeah I really think they should've went for a $140 Justifier and $160 AT-TE

AT-TE is way too small and too similar to the 2013 version, and the Justifier looks like it's way too stretched out and doesn't make very good use of it's space. Actually seeing them, I really would've rathered a downscaled $140 Justifier and a big 2008 sized $160 AT-TE

AT-AT is a very good set with excellent minifigures at a reasonable price! The only thing missing is posable legs, which seems to be a general issue on SW walkers.

The Justifier, on the contrary, isn’t that great. This ship should have been downscaled, while the BB shuttle should have been upscaled. I just hope the Ghost will make its appearance in live action as I hope we can get a nice remake in a $200 range (size and shape similar to the Justifier).

18 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

The AT-TE's feet were completely redesigned, but they're just as inaccurate as before (wrong number and position of "toes")...

I'm not trying to brag, but even I could make better AT-TE feet:

AT-TE2.png

Say what you will, at least it has the correct number of "toes"

Honestly, not a fan of the walker at all. It's just the 2013 one with more desirable figures. I'll cross my fingers Cody and the 212th reappear somewhere else.

I'm somewhat pleasantly surprised on the justifier, but not enough to make it a good set in my eyes. It's well-built and seems pretty big, so it's not outrageously overpriced, but that doesn't mean it's worth it either. Who wanted this set?