MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Actually, it's the third system scale for Obi-wans (granted there's also been like 5 others between the various other jedi, which is probably what you meant, but IIRC Obi-wan's is the only one to have the communications dish shown so I don't see why they'd put them in the other ones), and out of those other two models, 1 was in 2002 and the other came in a $100+ set, which is kind of crazy to me. I'm not a huge fan of the look, but I might pick it up for no other reason than I don't know when we'll see it again.

Sure, but presumably the other fighters also have them despite being painted in different colors. But my point is just that there have been a lot of Delta-7s of various stripes, up there with X-wings and Naboo fighters, so any feature that hasn’t shown up in any of the previous ones is worth remarking on. 

BD-1 also looks great. Here’s to hoping that that leads to more Fallen Order sets when the new game comes out.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

The Andor ship could be an Imperial Dropship Transport.  I think people might be reading into the clones too much and thinking its a Republic Gunship.  The clones might be from the early empire and the destruction of Cassian's home world via flashback.  That would make more sense timeline wise.  They wouldn't include the clone ship from his childhood with the adult timeline minifig...

As a reminder, please don't talk about the Obi-Wan show until others have a chance to watch the episode. I'm going to shorten the time to 1 week. Please use spoiler tags or better yet, don't talk about the newest episode for 1 week after it drops.

I got my pre-order in today for the Scythe, really, looking forward to that set!

BD-1 looks incredible, also going to be a must-buy!

BD-1 looks fantastic! And the „minifig“ even has different printing than the droid in the TBoBF set :thumbup:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

The Andor set 75338 "Ambush on Ferrix" will contain the Mobile Tac-Pod Shuttle, a sand colored speeder bike and Cassian Andor, Luthen Rael and Syril Karn. 679 pieces, 70€, August 1st.

5 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

The Andor set 75338 "Ambush on Ferrix" will contain the Mobile Tac-Pod Shuttle, a sand colored speeder bike and Cassian Andor, Luthen Rael and Syril Karn. 679 pieces, 70€, August 1st.

Reveal today 

Great to hear it.

Can't wait to see what else they're planning to reveal. BD-1 probably, with the Walmart images leaked, but The Bad Batch set would also make a lot of sense.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

I’m currently queued for the LEGO panel at Celebration. I’ll edit this post if there’s any news, if somebody else doesn’t get here first. 

EDIT: Hotel internet prevented me, but other folks have it covered. They also had the BD-1 set here in person, and revealed that it has a drawer in the head for stim canisters, like in the game. 

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

I wish the speeder bike was sold separately, it's really nice.  The spaceship, well, it just doesn't press my spaceship buttons at all.

Coming August 5th on Disney+. The real beach-ball is just cringe.
umU9XcJ.jpg8BMNeNx.jpg

7 minutes ago, Gontron said:

Wow that's.... significantly smaller than I expected. 

I feel the same but at the same time it seems a very compact build, like the Scythe Ship which is a good sign in my opinion.

That Darth Vader from the Calendar looks great 😃.

@R0Sch: Thanks for the pictures.

7 minutes ago, TheScaryDoor said:

I feel the same but at the same time it seems a very compact build, like the Scythe Ship which is a good sign in my opinion.

That Darth Vader from the Calendar looks great 😃.

@R0Sch: Thanks for the pictures.

You're welcome. But not sure if the Darth Vader is only promoting the Summer Vacation Special, because it doesn't fit the Holiday theme of the calendars.
And apparently that rendering image will appear just like that on the new type of "sustainable" instruction booklet.

Edited by R0Sch

3 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

You're welcome. But not sure if the Darth Vader is only promoting the Summer Vacation Special, because it doesn't fit the Holiday theme of the calendars.

Ah, yes that can be aswell.

That BD-1 set looks fantastic! I look forward to getting it. I believe that it’s only a matter of time before we get more Fallen Order sets.

The Andor set looks pretty cool, but a lot smaller than I expected. $70 seems like a bit much for it so I might just wait for a sale or try to use some VIP Points on it or something.

I also really like that Advent Calendar Vader. The irony of Vader/Anakin building a sand castle is not lost on me. I wouldn’t be mad about all the advent calendars being based on whatever that year’s Lego Star Wars Disney+ special is.

4 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

And apparently that rendering image will appear just like that on the new type of "sustainable" instruction booklet.

They said at the panel that it’d come with the Calendar this year.

3 minutes ago, The Stud said:

They said at the panel that it’d come with the Calendar this year.

Ok, good. Had to mute the sound.

Alright, the Andor set looks incredible. I love the builds and how detailed they are. The ship even has a pretty substantial interior for its size.

Minifigures are also great.

The price... not so much. PPP ratio is great, but it doesn't look like a 70€ set at all. More like 50€ honestly.

I forgot that the upcoming Omega minifigure was also revealed:
5JVGmEj.jpg

Definitely not buying that Andor set for €70.

Also a trailer just came out for a new Cal Kestis game called Jedi Survivor releasing in 2023. With the BD-1 we are getting, who knows… ?