6 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Also, the helicopter sounds really interesting! My reading of the article suggests that it would have a two-speed gearbox(? not realistic, but that's what it sounds like), and both collective and cyclical pitch elevation, using new parts. What do you folks make of this? 

Quote:

The main and tail rotors can be rotated at two different speeds, the main rotor also consists of 5 rotor blades. These can even be adjusted in inclination, which in reality causes the helicopter to climb or sink.

There are control sticks on both sides of the cockpit interior, which can actually be used to adjust the inclination of the main rotor in order to simulate flight forwards, backwards, left or right. A few new parts are said to have been designed for this.

The new parts are probably updated versions of the older rotor pieces, and not true cyclic and collective controls. It is much easier to see the entire rotor pitch in one direction than individual blades, especially when the rotor is spinning.

32 minutes ago, deehtha said:

The new parts are probably updated versions of the older rotor pieces, and not true cyclic and collective controls. It is much easier to see the entire rotor pitch in one direction than individual blades, especially when the rotor is spinning.

Well, that's what I would have expected before I read this, but in the first paragraph I quoted, it was describing a control that would change the helicopters elevation, and in the second paragraph it was talking about changing direction of travel. In a real helicopter this would require both cyclic and collective, so if this release is a truly accurate description it should have both. Some sets have had descriptions that imply more functionality than that really have, though (take the new McLaren's alleged diff lock), so they could certainly take the easy way out and just do collective like the 9396. 

Helicopter sounds much more interesting now if these descriptions are accurate. New pieces for cyclic and collective surely means a new, more realistic swash plate right? I think the functioning cyclic and collective will be easy to see working when the blades are still. But even if it's difficult to see, to me it's like speed transmission gearboxes. It may be hard to see the effect but that's not the point. The point is that it accurately represents the real thing. Keeping hopes realistic but I'll be extremely happy if these descriptions are accurate.

According to my own comprehension, the model will feature

- a collective control that act on the pitch angle of the 5 blades simultaneously controled by a lever as on the 9396 set

- another joystic that will tilt the entire rotor as whe had on the 8412 set.

So in summary we will have the functions of the 8412 + 9396.

This seems to be a good combo even if not accurate vs real life machines.

The true question is : will these new parts allow to build/mod it right?

EDIT: there is no need of any new parts to acheive this setup ;)

Edited by steph77

2 hours ago, steph77 said:

- a collective control that act on the pitch angle of the 5 blades simultaneously controled by a lever as on the 9396 set

Kinda bummer if in addition to the collective control the rotor tilts instead of proper cyclic control, but I guess that's still better than any previous Lego helicopter...

5 hours ago, steph77 said:

I don't think this will I'll be the case. According to the promobricks live stream the designer put a lot of effort into making the mechanism as realistic as possible and they designed new parts for this purpose. It remains to be seen if this is true. One question I have though, is if this is true, then will it be for only 5 bladed helicopters or have the new parts been designed in such a way as to allow 2, 3 and 4 blade setups also?

If the rotor has 5 blades, I guess there's a good chance we'll get a new part to attach them (possibly combined with cyclic/collective): traditionally LEGO parts lend themselves only to 2-, 3-, 4- or 6-blade rotors.

Anyone finds it a bit odd that both RacingBrick and Sariel decided not to chose 42133 Telescopic Loader for reviewing? The 42136's not being reviewed not bothering for me but this along with Sariel's [still] not reviewing 42139 seems odd.

Finally, here is my ranking for the H1 2022 Technic sets:

1. The 42139
  2. The 42140
  3. The 42132
  4. The 42133
  5. The 42137

Honorary mentions: The 42141 and 42131 for being display queens and the Volvo Polybag and the Monster Jam duos.

Also, I am probably one of those who genuinely wants the new DeLorean set grab a Top-steering or RCing :sadnew:

5 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

Anyone finds it a bit odd that both RacingBrick and Sariel decided not to chose 42133 Telescopic Loader for reviewing? The 42136's not being reviewed not bothering for me but this along with Sariel's [still] not reviewing 42139 seems odd.

42133 Telescopic Loader was not offered to reviewers

I don't think the main issue is the set's price, but more if the interest of it makes up for the effort of writing an article or producing a video.

15 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

Smaller Technic sets were not offered this year for review. 

6 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

God forbid a reviewer has to shell out 13 bucks for a set to review, lol.

Thank you for the constructive comment. If you had taken the time to follow my videos then you would have noticed that I had to conduct a renovation and move in the middle of the review season, meanwhile doing my best to finish and publish the offered reviews on time. As I saw @Sariel was in a very similar position, he also had to move to a new location.

I can only speak for myself, but I already bought and reviewed the Monster Jam sets and the Chopper from this year's lineup, and yesterday the missing Technic sets from the March release also arrived. Contrary to your friendly suggestion it's not about the money, but about time and priorities. I am doing my reviews alone, and I don't think it needs a detailed justification why the early review of the Creator Expert DeLorean or the Vespa had more focus than a $13 Technic set. 

So, remaining Technic and other reviews are coming soon, down to the smallest polybags.

Thanks All for the response with clarifications. Agree with AVCampos since Sariel said similar thing about 42133 on his FB page. It's relieving that Balazs's going to review all his remaining H1 Technic sets. Saw his (first) part of DeLorean review where it is amazing (or amusing) to see how cool Technic functions can be found in a non-Technic set :tongue:

Edited by thekoRngear

Hmm, seems as though my light hearted comment has hit a sore spot, it was not intended as a slam to you or any other reviewer. My apologies to any offended party.

Please don't "cancel" me, lol.

Edited by Johnny1360

4 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Hmm, seems as though my light hearted comment has hit a sore spot, it was not intended as a slam to you or any other reviewer. My apologies to any offended party.

Please don't "cancel" me, lol.

Sorry if I was too harsh, but the comment didn't really sounded light hearted to me. A lot of people have a habit of mocking reviewers because of only doing things for "free LEGO", and I'm a bit tired of this. If you ask my wife, I still buy waay more LEGO than it'd be considered normal :grin:

No sweat man, I knew it could be misinterpreted, that's why I stuck the lol in there. No offense taken or intended, now go out and buy some LEGO.

Forgive the comment here, although longtime AFOL and member of this site, I have not bought many flagship or other sets for a while.  So kinda outta the loop.  By my memory, we usually have more information regarding 2H sets by now.   Is this accurate?  Or am I misremembering.  I am excited for the crawler crane and helicopter, and excited for more details to emerge.  

6 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Forgive the comment here, although longtime AFOL and member of this site, I have not bought many flagship or other sets for a while.  So kinda outta the loop.  By my memory, we usually have more information regarding 2H sets by now.   Is this accurate?  Or am I misremembering.  I am excited for the crawler crane and helicopter, and excited for more details to emerge.  

No, there's usually a big lull about now. Late May/early June is the time for big leaks.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

No, there's usually a big lull about now. Late May/early June is the time for big leaks.

Indeed. BTW I am confused as to which one is supposed to be delayed- the super car (42143) or the construction one (42146)? Or (the best) both is coming out in H2 🤔

5 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

Indeed. BTW I am confused as to which one is supposed to be delayed- the super car (42143) or the construction one (42146)? Or (the best) both is coming out in H2 🤔

There have been vague rumours about the crane being pushed back, but nothing concrete. Anyone's guess really.

The crane is delayed. The supercar is coming.

56 minutes ago, Jim said:

Bit of a bummer since I am excited for the latter than the former. But it's always fun to walk around in the supercar rumour park :pir_laugh2:

Edited by thekoRngear

51 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

Bit of a bummer since I am excited for the latter than the former. But it's always fun to walk around in the supercar rumour park :pir_laugh2:

:laugh: 

It’s off-season for rumor park, since we already know what it will be.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

It's strange though that we did not have any official confirmation yet about the brand at least. Both the Bugatti and the Lamborghini had teasers already in February. I know the toy fair did not happen this year, but still...