19 hours ago, Sam27 said:

Do you think is more likely that we will have a Ferrari supercar set instead of a Formula 1 car one?

The rumour is the F1 is a Mclaren.

I found this list on Reddit. Can’t verify legitimacy so take it with a grain of salt.

42142 - TBA - unknown parts - $99.99

42143 - Logging Truck - 1310 parts - $119.99

42144 - Heavy Lift Helicopter - 1692 parts - $149.99

42145 - TBA - 2137 parts - $249.99

42146 - TBA - 3726 parts - $379.99

Last one is definitely the UCS supercar.  42145 is probably something Control+ to replace 42114. 

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

I found this list on Reddit. Can’t verify legitimacy so take it with a grain of salt.

Last one is definitely the UCS supercar.  42145 is probably something Control+ to replace 42114

I am waiting for something new and exciting.

May be the 42145 is different to the common motorized sets...

Edited by TheBRICKblackdragon

42145- I sense a C(rap)+ Volvo like truck (or another type of construction set) is incoming with real improvements in some aspects that we all would like to see.

42143 could be something in the form figure of the cement truck (or even the 42108 cartoonish crane).

And I will also be happy if one or all of them turn out to be completely opposite (with some upset as well 😛)

Edited by thekoRngear

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

Not bad! My guesses are the following:

42142: The delayed F&F Supra with an A2 sticker sheet :D
42143: Truck same size as 42128, hopefully with a dolly trailer, but I think without a trailer, according to the piece count

42145: Big wheel loader with 107 tractor wheels, Claas Torion? :wub_drool:

I have a feeling 42144 may be a reworked 42113 Osprey and we might finally see the dumb battery box in a set. Also the new propeller blades used as such not just car side skirts :grin:

Edited by Cardboy

I hope the rumor about the logging truck is true. There could still be a trailer, because a logging trailer doesn’t need more than a few panels and beams, but I don’t keep my hopes very high…

1 hour ago, Cardboy said:

I have a feeling 42144 may be a reworked 42113 Osprey and we might finally see the dumb battery box in a set.

TLG please take note: Lengthen the nose, replace the windscreen with a bubble canopy, change the rudders into ruddervators, and I won't see an Osprey there any more without having to drastically re-engineer the structure or the mechanisms. Oh, and while you're at it, please also have the gearbox fixed out-of-the-box.

3 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

TLG please take note: Lengthen the nose, replace the windscreen with a bubble canopy, change the rudders into ruddervators, and I won't see an Osprey there any more without having to drastically re-engineer the structure or the mechanisms. Oh, and while you're at it, please also have the gearbox fixed out-of-the-box.

Boeing will send a cease-and-desist letter if TLG does that. Boeing already did that once to TLG in 2014 when TLG released a tiltrotor aircraft in a City set.

Hmm, I didn't know that. Odd, considering the number of tiltrotors TLG has launched over the years, and that's also the technique Hasbro uses to make Transformers with unlicensed alt-modes.

1 minute ago, AVCampos said:

considering the number of tiltrotors TLG has launched over the years

That number is 3, because there have only been 3 tiltrotors helicopter in the whole history of TLG: 8434, 60021, and 42113. 60021 is the set that got the cease-and-desist letter.

4 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That number is 3, because there have only been 3 tiltrotors helicopter in the whole history of TLG: 8434, 60021, and 42113. 60021 is the set that got the cease-and-desist letter.

Do you have any sources about this?

@Ngoc Nguyen interesting, thank you! According to Brickset the set had a fairly regular 1.5 year lifecycle so I assume TLG's lawyers had some answers to that letter :) 

If I am not mistaken, at the moment Boeing is the only company using a tilt-rotor helicopter, so releasing one without the name Osprey isn't allowed either. I have had a discussion about this with someone at TLG.
(something along these lines. It's not as simple as altering the design and omitting the name Osprey)

When we think of a simple solution, the real world is more complicated. Lots of models, names or even colors do require a license nowadays.

42 minutes ago, Jim said:

If I am not mistaken, at the moment Boeing is the only company using a tilt-rotor helicopter, so releasing one without the name Osprey isn't allowed either. I have had a discussion about this with someone at TLG.
(something along these lines. It's not as simple as altering the design and omitting the name Osprey)

When we think of a simple solution, the real world is more complicated. Lots of models, names or even colors do require a license nowadays.

Isn't Lego getting an Avatar licence? :grin:

15 minutes ago, allanp said:

Isn't Lego getting an Avatar licence? :grin:

If that is the case, I'm sure the helicopter is different enough from the Osprey or maybe Boeing is somewhere involved in the deal. Point being; we never know exactly what's going on behind the scenes.

For example; the rotors in Avatar don't turn 90% forward and become "airplane rotors". It basically stays a Helicopter, which is probably enough to avoid problems with Boeing. Just a wild guess. 

Sorry for going off-topic. I'm sure Jim will give me a warning for this :tongue:

When I said reworked I was thinking more of a Chinook than a tilt rotor as that is still Boeing and has many civilian versions. Presumably Lego still owe Boeing a helicopter or would cost them in licence fees to not release a set?

15 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

a Chinook than a tilt rotor as that is still Boeing and has many civilian versions.

The Chinook designation is a military exclusive name. That set will not be licensed because it's name is already revealed. 

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The Chinook designation is a military exclusive name. That set will not be licensed because it's name is already revealed. 

True. Probably not licensed set names are revealed. TBA is nearly always become to be licensed set.

Edited by Dami