MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Using these numbers I think its reasonable that there is a real demand for the Nebulon and I would go as far as to say more people that voted would purchase one because more older people purchase the UCS sets and the Nebulon is OT. I hope we see this and the bomber in the next couple of years as they must have designed them already. 

I recall the designer said in a brick set interview they only built parts of the Nebulon to see if they were structurally possible, but didn’t start any other builds

2 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

[…] but whoever wrote his lines for the interview with Solid Brix should be let go. 

No offense, and I know it’s hyperbole, but I‘m glad most people on the Internet won‘t ever be employers because what makes it onto their lists of fireable offenses is just laughable :laugh_hard: Besides, what makes you think somebody else wrote his answers for him? :wacko:

3 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Bomber 2.5 - 5%

Ouch. This doesn‘t bode well for a small-scale model either, does it? Then again, they did include it in the vote, so they‘ve had to be somewhat confident that people might want one :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Ouch. This doesn‘t bode well for a small-scale model either, does it? Then again, they did include it in the vote, so they‘ve had to be somewhat confident that people might want one :shrug_oh_well:

Just means the TIE Bomber wasn't as popular as its competitors. If it had been, say, Bomber up against First Order AT-ST and Sandspeeder, we would have seen a very different result :laugh:

I saw an overhead pic of the gunship and the ucs falcon, star destroyer. In terms of space taken it is right up there. I love the model but I can’t go for it at that size. My trusty 2013 will suffice and is minifig scale

1 hour ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Just means the TIE Bomber wasn't as popular as its competitors. If it had been, say, Bomber up against First Order AT-ST and Sandspeeder, we would have seen a very different result :laugh:

Of course it’s just unpopular in comparison to the other two choices, but I’m a bit surprised how far behind it ended up :oh3: It was always going to lose, no doubt about that

To me that vote was always between 1 ship I'd love to see again in minifig scale (Gunship), 1 ship I reeeeaaallllly want again at minifig scale (TIE Bomber), and 1 ship that can really only be done justice as a UCS (Nebulon, and yeah I have the Exclusive one from last year which is nice but it's small.) I remain hopeful that the other two models not winning the vote does not exclude the possibility that they will get made one day.

2 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

We're still missing a FO AT-ST head .. they could go full UCS on that :laugh:

On a more serious note : I do not think this set will sell very well, much like Obi's starfighter (that's the word we're using right now, right?)

It would have been better if it was minifig scaled, had +10 minifigs and be around 250$. Throw in a bit of landscape and it's a MBS set

I got a feeling that many who voted for the gunship do not actually know what UCS means (hence the minigi dissapointment) and personally I do not think this ship benefits from that treatment at all. I'm sure many will be sureprised just how freaking large it is

At this scale I would expect to see much elaborate cockpits and interior. I'm not too familiar with the ship, but there must be stairs internally to get to the dual pilot seats, no? Seats inside? Other neat stuff? Landing gear? Even the guns at front looks straight from a normal set

Many of the PT ships are rather problematic to make in UCS scale (sleakness, chrome etc), but I think a bunch of pod-racers would be cool. Very different from OT, cool colours, wierd shapes. Very easy to do with LEGO parts. Make a new one each year. 200$ and only ONE (the actual pilot) minifig to display on the stand next to the (most probably misspelled) sign with incorrect data :pir-sing:

The Scimitar is the only one I could see being made in the future

Cheers,

Ole

21 minutes ago, 1974 said:

I got a feeling that many who voted for the gunship do not actually know what UCS means (hence the minigi dissapointment)

Frankly, that’s their own fault. UCS sets have existed for more than twenty years now, so people should’ve known what that entails :tongue:

Some of thoise voting we're most likely not born when 7181 was around :wink:

I'm gonna go against the grain here...I voted for it and I really like it. I do not have a non-CW animated Mace Windu and no clone commander at all. 

The spinning missile pods, printed parts and moving features are excellent to me. 

Also, I don't mind that the clones have a mix of realistic and animated features. This allows LEGO to hopefully have a unified consistent look between the 2 going forward. 

Just sharing my thoughts, not saying anyone else has to or should agree with me. 

40 minutes ago, 1974 said:

At this scale I would expect to see much elaborate cockpits and interior. I'm not too familiar with the ship, but there must be stairs internally to get to the dual pilot seats, no? Seats inside? Other neat stuff? Landing gear? Even the guns at front looks straight from a normal set

In my opinion, it´s actually pretty acurate. Those ships are pretty empty in the movies. So no seats. If i remember correctly, in the yesterday interview the designer said that it´s good that this gunship don´t have a landing gear because that could cause difficulties for designing. 

18 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I'm gonna go against the grain here...I voted for it and I really like it...

...The spinning missile pods, printed parts and moving features are excellent to me. 

Also, I don't mind that the clones have a mix of realistic and animated features. This allows LEGO to hopefully have a unified consistent look between the 2 going forward. 

Just sharing my thoughts, not saying anyone else has to or should agree with me. 

100% agree. I'm gonna make room for this. I've never gotten any of the system ones, and this one is far cheaper than them now (ironic).

And I don't think the animated look is that bad. If we can accept the 501st clones, we can accept this. I was prepared to lose the 2014 print since last year, we should've seen this coming. And I agree, it helps to unify the design.

Well, maybe David was wrong, and there'll be plenty to go around on release day.

Acurate because those ships are just CGI?

Even the old 7181 had a much cooler interior in the cockpit

It would be difficult to design landing gear because the whole ship in itself do not make a lot of sense. It's clearly modelled after helicopters, but having such large opening doors and back ramp with no supporting middle structure is not realistic. Not even in the SW universe. Imho, that is :wink:

1 hour ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I'm gonna go against the grain here...I voted for it and I really like it. I do not have a non-CW animated Mace Windu and no clone commander at all. 

I'm not sure this opinion is against the grain, you know. It seems to me that people are pretty positive about it, even if there are things to nitpick about. It will be interesting to see how it sells for sure, but I can see its sheer size giving it a bit of a USP that the previous prequel sets (all, like, three of them) haven't really had.

1 hour ago, 1974 said:

Many of the PT ships are rather problematic to make in UCS scale (sleakness, chrome etc), but I think a bunch of pod-racers would be cool. Very different from OT, cool colours, wierd shapes. Very easy to do with LEGO parts. Make a new one each year. 200$ and only ONE (the actual pilot) minifig to display on the stand next to the (most probably misspelled) sign with incorrect data :pir-sing:

It being barren is pretty accurate in fairness, although the cockpit could do with being a bit more detailed. I mentioned the pod racers in the wishlist thread as well - gimme Ani and Sebulba's pod at a massive scale for like $300-$350 and I'm sold.

Unsurprisingly, if you want more PT UCS sets, you’d better buy the Gunship :wink:https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-designers-if-you-want-more-prequels-sets-buy-75309-republic-gunship/

Of course this means that a potential follow-up is pretty far away, considering how long UCS sets take to design :shrug_oh_well: Venator in 2023 anyone? :laugh:

1 hour ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

This allows LEGO to hopefully have a unified consistent look

They already had a unified consistent look when TCW sets started to use the same accurate style as movie sets in 2015.

Now they just look wrong and don't match any source material.

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Unsurprisingly, if you want more PT UCS sets, you’d better buy the Gunship :wink:https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-designers-if-you-want-more-prequels-sets-buy-75309-republic-gunship/

Sure, they've done OT several times over and no-one wants DT. So, PT is all that's left :wink:

More MBS, imho. The Ewok village and the Cantina was/are very popular. Heck they could even do a big ESB Hoth MBS one day :thumbup:

23 minutes ago, 1974 said:

[…] and no-one wants DT.

I assume you mean ST? Well, call me ‚no-one‘ then :tongue: I definitely wouldn‘t mind a UCS T-70 X-Wing (Poe‘s black one in particular), TIE Silencer or Kylo‘s shuttle. And technically, we already have a ST UCS set

27 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Heck they could even do a big ESB Hoth MBS one day :thumbup:

After how well the last one was received, I doubt that :tongue:

7 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

The Clone Commander torso is the ANIMATED version????  :facepalm: :wall: :ugh:

Thats the final straw... Voted on it, but its a pass for me. :wacko:

So let me get this straight…you voted on a UCS set strictly for the figures and now won’t get it because of a torso? 

Personally, I voted for the Gunship because it’s an amazing design and I’m more than happy with the set, it’s beautiful, accurate, and massive, which is what UCS is all about. Anyone who just wants to whine about the minifigures shouldn’t have been voting on a UCS set in the first place. And let’s be honest, those people were never going to buy a $350 set for a couple of figures anyway, they just want to complain for the sake of it

8 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

Called it. People will justify voting but not buying a UCS set over the figures despite the figures not being the point of a UCS set.

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I'm bricking the parts for a MOC of a system scale one I made awhile ago, there's no chance we get another bomber anytime soon.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Frankly, that’s their own fault. UCS sets have existed for more than twenty years now, so people should’ve known what that entails :tongue:

Exactly.

58 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I assume you mean ST? Well, call me ‚no-one‘ then :tongue: I definitely wouldn‘t mind a UCS T-70 X-Wing (Poe‘s black one in particular), TIE Silencer or Kylo‘s shuttle. And technically, we already have a ST UCS set

I've spoken about this alot, but Poe's x-wing (black one, not the new one) was the first set that I got after coming back into lego, and black one is one of my favorite ships, so I'd snap up a black one UCS as my first day one UCS purchase ever. A TIE silencer, Kylo's shuttle, and resistance bomber could all sell pretty well too. 

18 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So let me get this straight…you voted on a UCS set strictly for the figures and now won’t get it because of a torso? 

I've been warning about this since the vote happened, people are going to use the figures, never the point of a UCS set, to justify voting for it but not buying it, the sales won't track as well as the votes would lead lego to believe, and we might have to wait longer for prequel UCS. As someone who would love to see a UCS ARC-170 or venator, I'm saddened that this prediction is starting to come true, and hope it ends up not happening.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Personally, I voted for the Gunship because it’s an amazing design and I’m more than happy with the set, it’s beautiful, accurate, and massive, which is what UCS is all about. Anyone who just wants to whine about the minifigures shouldn’t have been voting on a UCS set in the first place. And let’s be honest, those people were never going to buy a $350 set for a couple of figures anyway, they just want to complain for the sake of it

No, the torso is not the only reason. As I said before, I'm not a fan of the design. Especially the mass-driver-missile launchers look off. I would not buy this type of set just for the mini-figures, I'm not that rich. :tongue: The design is also important, but it feels off to me so not worth the €350. 

But you are free to assume what you want of course. :wink:

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Called it. People will justify voting but not buying a UCS set over the figures despite the figures not being the point of a UCS set.

Like I said before, its more then that, but feel free to jump on it to satisfies your needs to call people out. How is that bingo card going? :innocent:

Edited by Cyberfounder

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Unsurprisingly, if you want more PT UCS sets, you’d better buy the Gunship :wink:https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-designers-if-you-want-more-prequels-sets-buy-75309-republic-gunship

I will... But since they decided to make this one of the most expensive UCS sets ever, I don't think it will sell as well as it could have.

11 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

No, it isn't.

Am I the only one, extremely annoyed by the cannons and the doors?

the doors have an angle on the top, so when they close in, they close like an external box. Why?! Even the play scale sets have doors that go almost “flush” with the body of the ship. These don’t. In my opinion it makes the back look too wide as well. And even the angle of the doors is different than the one of the back. So they have to small corners that kinda stick out behind the ship. That kinda ruins the whole thing for me…

and the front of the cannons. Why?! They should be sleeker. And more conical.