MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Sets from the new shows with desirable figures will sell like hotcakes compared to another AT-ST, even if it's a hoth version.

Gotta agree there as a "Hoth version" just means using white instead of green ink to print the box. However as it sounds like the ATST is going to be 18+ market, probably not a fair comparison. I deliberately left out the helmets, etc. as (ironically as a OT fan.... not a purist though!) I have no interest in them, I think they appeal to again, a largely different market sector who aren't buying OT sets either. We never would have got a Visions set this early, too much risk. We may well get one in next year's line up. 

Don't get me wrong here, I don't believe Star Wars ended in 1983. I just think that at the moment TLG's assortment is striking the right note between the consumers and commercial safety.

34 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Gotta agree there as a "Hoth version" just means using white instead of green ink to print the box. However as it sounds like the ATST is going to be 18+ market, probably not a fair comparison.

ATST has been confirmed as a non 18+ set, the issue was corrected by Promonricks who had the original description wrong, the price is also lower. It has also been confirmed it will be the Hoth version of the ATST, which has some significant differences compared to the more prominent ROTJ version, which are taller legs and a slopes cockpit 

9 hours ago, Archer said:

I’ve got 5x silver Mando helmet, 1 from each set it is in. 3 of them are as you say, but 2 are normal.

8 hours ago, Canticleer blues said:

In my copies of the sets, only the Trouble on Tatooine set had the higher visor position. All my sets from the summer wave onwards, even the forge and advent calendar, had the lower position.

I ordered two replacement helmets from customer service and both of them had the old, higher visor position instead. I suspect TLG is aware of the helmet error and is fixing it as a running change. So in the meantime, our best bet for getting fixed helmets is getting them directly from Lego for now.

7 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The only one that was “misprinted” for me was the one from the forge. Trouble on Tattooine, Slave I, Light Cruiser all fine. Don’t have the calendar yet. 

Thanks all. Seems like it's well over half the prints have the issue based on that sample. I'd thought about going to customer service but, apart from one wildly egregious misprint a few years ago I'd not used the service before and didn't know how it would go. 

I'll give it a shot.

I could just ignore the problem of course, there are bigger problems in the world after all :laugh: but I'd be annoyed every time I looked at one on display. The squashed ones can be the ones I leave out to get mauled by my nephews.

44 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

ATST has been confirmed as a non 18+ set, the issue was corrected by Promonricks who had the original description wrong, the price is also lower. It has also been confirmed it will be the Hoth version of the ATST, which has some significant differences compared to the more prominent ROTJ version, which are taller legs and a slopes cockpit 

Ok. In that case I think the criticisms are legit. I'm not a fan of how Lego reproduces small changes to things that even the filmmakers didn't intend, like the difference between "hero" and "background" stormtrooper helmets. I prefer consistency!

What exactly is EB thinking about the rumors for set bundles? Are those ever worth more than just getting the sets individually?

Edited by Brickroll

33 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

What exactly is EB thinking about the rumors for set bundles? Are those ever worth more than just getting the sets individually?

It's literally just sets packaged together for the same price as the three sold separately. Sometimes they can be rare on the aftermarket for the packaging, but in terms of the sets themselves, it's the exact same value.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

What’s the rumour?

If it's anything like previous set bundles, they won't be very common anyway.  At least here in the US, I think I've maybe seen those like three times at most.  I think Costco/Sam's Club occasionally will get them in the winter time around the holidays, I think Toys R Us used to stock some of them, and then infrequently they'll be at smaller toy stores, but that's really it.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

What’s the rumour?

That's pretty much it, there's going to be a set bundle for star wars. The "Skywalker Adventures" set or whatever will most likely just be three sets thrown into a larger box that just says "3 in 1". The only exclusive thing is the outer packaging.

33 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

If it's anything like previous set bundles, they won't be very common anyway.  At least here in the US, I think I've maybe seen those like three times at most.  I think Costco/Sam's Club occasionally will get them in the winter time around the holidays, I think Toys R Us used to stock some of them, and then infrequently they'll be at smaller toy stores, but that's really it.

Costco normally has a good amount. (By the way: AMAZING place to get sets. Aside from these, they've always got sales, and sometimes you can find some long retired sets. I've found 3 year old sets marked at 3/4 the price. They even used to have bulk bionicle lots with exclusive parts.)

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's pretty much it, there's going to be a set bundle for star wars. The "Skywalker Adventures" set or whatever will most likely just be three sets thrown into a larger box that just says "3 in 1". The only exclusive thing is the outer packaging.

Costco normally has a good amount. (By the way: AMAZING place to get sets. Aside from these, they've always got sales, and sometimes you can find some long retired sets. I've found 3 year old sets marked at 3/4 the price. They even used to have bulk bionicle lots with exclusive parts.)

I've never seen 3 year old retired sets. What did you find? 

47 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

I've never seen 3 year old retired sets. What did you find? 

I want to say it was 2011 harry potter sets in 2014 and 2012 hero factory sets in 2015. I didn't actually purchase any of them, but yeah, they've got em.

The 'not releasing in every country' part of this rumour makes more sense if it's just repackaged existing sets, possibly some regions have excess stock and this is a way to move them.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Oh, that. Don’t think I’ve ever seen those turn up in Australia. It’s only gonna have 630 pieces or something right?… could probably work out what sets it’ll have with that info.

Edited by Brikkyy13

Crunching some numbers - the rumour gave the piece count for this unknown 3 in 1 set as 644 pieces, which is the exact part count for Luke's Landspeeder, Obi-Wan's Hut and Duel on Mustafar, all of which contain a Skywalker. All three sets would be approaching the end of their product cycle, so a good time to bundle them as a 3 in 1 package (and Obi-Wan's hut is already retired in Aus, so no chance this bundle shows up here).

4 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Crunching some numbers - the rumour gave the piece count for this unknown 3 in 1 set as 644 pieces, which is the exact part count for Luke's Landspeeder, Obi-Wan's Hut and Duel on Mustafar, all of which contain a Skywalker. All three sets would be approaching the end of their product cycle, so a good time to bundle them as a 3 in 1 package (and Obi-Wan's hut is already retired in Aus, so no chance this bundle shows up here).

I was thinking it would be Luke's Landspeeder, and Obi-Wan's Hut but the Duel on Mustafar is also a solid extra. 

14 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Apparently this is it. Kind of funny, the "obi-wan gets ptsd" super pack.

My wife is going to buy me the Star Wars advent calendar for Christmas which is going to be awesome. It's a good start as I'm looking into buying more. The Star Wars sets are my favourite.

I think we're pretty much done talking about rumors for 2021. So I've created the 2022 topic for everyone to start using. We also have the 2022 News thread for substantiated set information.

14 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

*cries in UCS AT-AT*

And that's why I said "pretty much" instead of "completely" :wink:

On 10/5/2021 at 2:51 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Apparently this is it. Kind of funny, the "obi-wan gets ptsd" super pack.

Haha, made my day.. :D

I'm looking at that Titanic set and I'm looking at the funds I've been saving for nearly a year for the UCS AT-AT. I'm suddenly not sure if I really need more Light Gray panels and greebling in my collection.

4 hours ago, Archer said:

I'm looking at that Titanic set and I'm looking at the funds I've been saving for nearly a year for the UCS AT-AT. I'm suddenly not sure if I really need more Light Gray panels and greebling in my collection.

I'm in the same boat (pun intended) and on the surface it really looks like a tough decision for me. In reality I'll probably get only UCS AT-AT just because the Titanic is so massive and I really have no space left in my room for that behemoth. I know that AT-AT won't be small either but it sure won't be as long and I'll probably be able to squeeze it on a shelf somewhere

6 hours ago, Archer said:

honestly: the genius way of how angles are achieved, how much detail they managed to put in - even really good SW sets are no match for this kind of set. I even understand a UCS Landspeeder - the UCS/Creator car sets are quite popular and this is just a sci-fi car. But even if 4 legs, a trunk and a head would work for me - the recent AT-AT set with some mods is really great and its not small anyway. I'm happy if you guys and gals are happy but I never understood why there's even demand for building them legs 2 hours 4 times :pir-murder:

On 10/7/2021 at 5:16 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

...I'm happy if you guys and gals are happy but I never understood why there's even demand for building them legs 2 hours 4 times...

I turn the monotony into a challenge by assembling the 4 legs simultaneously - two per the instructions and the other two are mirrored.  Works especially well with an AT-AT.