spaceman76

“ Let him pass “

This is The city Gates to Morwen, my new moc that I completed today. It has taken me about 1,5 months to build. Starting af with the base landscape, then moving on to the build. The 2 towers are build at the same time and after a certain hight, I started with the curved gate arch. The arch is build up with swivel hinges, stretching over 16 studs. After that, the tudor house was build, using some fun techniques, especially flex tubes for the walls and the roof. After the tudor house, the towers were completed reaching a good hight. Next was the nature foilage and the old tree. 

“ Let him pass “, The city Gates to Morwen“ Let him pass “, The city Gates to Morwen“ Let him pass “, The city Gates to Morwen“ Let him pass “, The city Gates to Morwen“ Let him pass “, The city Gates to Morwen“ Let him pass “, The city Gates to Morwen“ Let him pass “, The city Gates to Morwen“ Let him pass “, The city Gates to Morwen“ Let him pass “, The city Gates to Morwen“ Let him pass “, The city Gates to Morwen“ Let him pass “, The city Gates to Morwen“ Let him pass “, The city Gates to Morwen

Fantastic work. Very detailed! I love your decision to use sideways plates rather than bricks for parts of the wall, to give it all a bit more texture.

Very well done.  I like the texturing on the towers.  The arches are nice and I like the way you used the 1x1 rounds.  The base has some nice layering.  The landscaping is excellent, I really like the tree design.  

I'm surprised no one has pointed this out yet, but I love the use of the Harry Potter wand pieces!  That's a great idea, especially to use them before you break the wands off.

Next to the use of HP wands (mentioned before), I like how you disguised the angled sections on walls and the gate. It covers them up nicely.
Oh, and splendid work on the street texturing. They fit well together, the greens and white blend in well with the overal greys, with the studs accenting the tiles.

2 hours ago, arselus said:

This is excellent- I love the grey and white colors.

Thanks, however there is no white colors in this build. Only dbg and lbg😊

Well done! This is incredible.

The colors work really well together. I always worry of using too much of one color and this is accented really well.

The street depth/coloring/texturing works really well. I was trying to build my own cobblestone street for a build, this is spot on.

The tree is top notch. A lot of texture on the trunk. I find that to be the tricky part. But I love the tree.

The only thing I don't like is the dark orange/dark red earth. Something about it doesn't blend as well. But the rest is phenomenal. I will definitely look at this for inspiration. I'm always wanting to build something Medieval fantasy.

9 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

Well done! This is incredible.

The colors work really well together. I always worry of using too much of one color and this is accented really well.

The street depth/coloring/texturing works really well. I was trying to build my own cobblestone street for a build, this is spot on.

The tree is top notch. A lot of texture on the trunk. I find that to be the tricky part. But I love the tree.

The only thing I don't like is the dark orange/dark red earth. Something about it doesn't blend as well. But the rest is phenomenal. I will definitely look at this for inspiration. I'm always wanting to build something Medieval fantasy.

Thank you. The dark orange and dark red ground along the stone path is just to capture the autumn feel. 

This is really incredible. I hope that I was gifted with skills like these so that I can somehow make stunning creations like what you did here. that is really impressive and I do think that what you really did there is amazing. I can't a anything more about the details Everything was well thought off. And the archs. I can never imagine myself making archs in legos because that will be hard. The archs were already hard but what you pulled off was harder!! Nice details and colour combinations. I can really say that everything really works well together. 

Truly exquisite details.  As mentioned, the scale is great giving a grand feeling.  Even an ominous or intimidating feeling if one had less than honorable intentions. :knight:  

I think the ratio of color usage is what makes your path so real looking.  By consistently only using the 1x1 LBG corner tile and occasional 1x1 green round tile it looks more natural among the DBG pieces of varying size.  This could be said of the whole thing.  Your ratio of accent color to main color really adds detail without being too frequent.  MOCs like this inspire me (and many others I am sure!)  Keep up the great work!