MKJoshA

Wishlist: Future Star Wars Sets and Minifigures

Obviously the TIE Bomber and TIE Interceptor are long overdue but I'd also love to see a brown Trade Federation Vulture Droid. We haven't gotten a brown vulture since the 2007 Naboo Starfighter.

Some other clone wars ships that are in in need of a remake are the V-19 Torrent, the MagnaGuard Starfighter, the Hyena-class Bomber, and the BTL-B Republic Y-wing.

I'd also love to get Asajj Ventress' Ginivex-class Fanblade Starfighter. It first appeared in the 2003 Clone Wars Show but it was canonized in S3E12. Would complement Anakin's Custom Jedi Interceptor from 2015 nicely.

On 10/31/2021 at 9:16 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but this is one of the sets we can almost 100% confirm ISN'T coming, because people voted a UCS version in and we rarely get UCS and normal versions of the same set within eachother's lifespans. (I think once or twice a UCS model has been released while a system set of the same thing wasn't quite out of stock yet, but I can't think of anytime a UCS set has released and had a system version of it within a year.)

AT-AT says hello. ;) 

On 11/1/2021 at 5:31 AM, Zap Rowsdower said:

Obviously the TIE Bomber and TIE Interceptor are long overdue but I'd also love to see a brown Trade Federation Vulture Droid. We haven't gotten a brown vulture since the 2007 Naboo Starfighter.

Republic Y-wing.

I'd also love to get Asajj Ventress' Ginivex-class Fanblade Starfighter. It first appeared in the 2003 Clone Wars Show but it was canonized in S3E12. Would complement Anakin's Custom Jedi Interceptor from 2015 nicely.

Love all these. 

12 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

AT-AT says hello. ;) 

The popular OT vehicles get a pass, X-Wing, Y-Wing and Falcon had the same thing happen 

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

AT-AT says hello. ;) 

I said in the post you qouted that occasionally a UCS version of something will release before the end of a system model of the same thing's lifespan. My point it it's rarely, if ever, happened where a system version of a set comes out when the UCS version is already on shelves.

On 10/30/2021 at 10:16 PM, ArrowBricks said:

Go on the ladies and gents, what set for 2022 is a must for you? 

For me, a Clone Wars s7 Republic Gunship. 

Naboo star cruiser. 

GBP 69.00, 4x figures: Amidala, Padme, Panaka, pilot. R2D2 as a bonus.

In pearl grey/flat silver. It's 22 years overdue. I can dream.

Just finished my rewatch of Rebels Season 3 and 4, and man, that was such a great series. Aside from the two Mandalore episodes maybe, Season 4 in particular is my favorite season of all the animated series. It’s a massive bummer that we only got one set from that entire half of the series, and it’s value has doubled since it retired. 

I have a some set ideas that I would have liked to seen back then and would still like to see someday, as unlikely as most of these are.

Season 3:

Imperial Supercommandos Battle Pack ($20): The builds would include your typical battle pack builds. The minifigures would include two Imperial Rocket/Jump Troopers (New!) and two Imperial Supercommando Mandalorians with new helmet molds (New!).

Duel on Tatooine ($20): The build would recreate the Tatooine sands and the campfire Kenobi had set up. Minifigures would include old man Obi-Wan and Rebels Season 3 Darth Maul (New!).

The Phantom II ($30): Remake of that one Rebels S3 set we ever got. This one wouldn’t be too dissimilar but would be scaled down a bit to better fit with a new Ghost remake. This time around, the minifigures would include Chopper, Rebels Captain Rex with helmet (New!) and Stormtrooper.

Mandalorian Fang Fighter ($40): Our first Mandalorian Fang Fighter: this one would include Fenn Rau (New!), Season 3 Sabine Wren with helmet, hair and darksaber (New!) and Imperial Gar Saxon (New!).

AT-DP ($50): Remake of the 2015 set we got. This time around, the minifigures would include Season 3 Ezra (New!), Season 3 Zeb (New!) and two Imperial Combat Drivers.

Meeting The Bendu ($50): The main build would just consist of the legendary Bendu and then we could get Kanan’s speeder bike (like the one from 2016) as a side build. The only minifigure would be a slightly updated version of the Rebel Season 3 Kanan Jarrus we got in 2017.

TIE Defender ($70): A much needed and modernized version of the TIE Defender. Minifigures would include Vult Skerris (New!), Season 3 Hera Syndulla (New!) and a TIE Pilot.

Season 4:

Loth Wolf ($30): The builds would be an Imperial speeder bike and Loth Wolf somewhat similar to the Chima Wolf we got years ago. Minifigures would include Ezra Bridger, Season 4 Kallus (New!) and Rukh (New!).

Hera Syndulla’s X-Wing Fighter ($50): Reskin of the 2021 X-Wing based off the color scheme of Hera’s short-lived fighter. Minifigures would include Rebel Pilot Hera Syndulla (New!), Mon Mothma (New!), AP-5 (New!) and Chopper.

The Dutchess ($50): The build would be a heavily modified AT-DP walker with Sabine Wren’s experimental technology. Minifigures would include Sabine Wren with darksaber, an Imperial Supercommando, Tristan Wren (New!) and Ursa Wren (New!).

Imperial Gunship ($70): The 2014 Police Gunship with the Imperial color scheme. Minifigures would include Governor Pryce (New!), TIE Pilot, Stormtrooper, Season 4 Captain Rex (New!) and Jedi Night Kanan with new clean shaven face print.

Saw Gerrera’s U-Wing ($80): Remake of the 2016 U-Wing with Saw’s grey color scheme. Minifigures would include the long-awaited Saw Gerrera (New!), Two Tubes (New!), Ezra Bridger with jetpack and new painted Scout Trooper helmet and two updated Deathtroopers (New!).

The Ghost ($140): Sadly, this is the only new Rebels set I think has any chance of likelihood at this point. This would be a system scale model that gives the ship more justice than the 2014 version. The minifigures would include the entire Ghost crew: Season 4 Sabine Wren with helmet and hairpiece (New!), Ezra Bridger, Kanan Jarrus, Zeb, Hera Syndulla and Chopper.

Chimera Star Destroyer ($160): An updated play scale Imperial Star Destroyer with stickered Chimera tiles. Minifigures would include Ezra Bridger, Emperor Palpatine, Grand Admiral Thrawn (New!), Death Trooper and two Stormtroopers. There could possibly be some microscale brick-built Purrgils included as well.

And I have a bonus set idea based off the Epilogue:

Ahsoka’s Jedi Shuttle ($50): Based off the T-6 JedI Shuttle that arrives on Lothal in the finale. Minifigures would include Ahsoka the White with new hood element (New!), Epilogue Sabine Wren with helmet, satchel and hairpiece (New!) and a random Scout Trooper just to give them an opponent.

Edited by The Stud

With the rumors about an the old republic-movie and the announced remake of kotor: HK-47 and Darth Malak with one special mould for each of them... If Lego was smart they would finally release an Ebon Hawk now... If I get At least these two characters, I can do the rest by myself with custom prints.

Edited by Gorilla94

On 11/7/2021 at 6:00 AM, The Stud said:

Season 3:

The Phantom II ($30): Remake of that one Rebels S3 set we ever got. This one wouldn’t be too dissimilar but would be scaled down a bit to better fit with a new Ghost remake. This time around, the minifigures would include Chopper, Rebels Captain Rex with helmet (New!) and Stormtrooper.

Mandalorian Fang Fighter ($40): Our first Mandalorian Fang Fighter: this one would include Fenn Rau (New!), Season 3 Sabine Wren with helmet, hair and darksaber (New!) and Imperial Gar Saxon (New!).

TIE Defender ($70): A much needed and modernized version of the TIE Defender. Minifigures would include Vult Skerris (New!), Season 3 Hera Syndulla (New!) and a TIE Pilot.

Season 4:

Hera Syndulla’s X-Wing Fighter ($50): Reskin of the 2021 X-Wing based off the color scheme of Hera’s short-lived fighter. Minifigures would include Rebel Pilot Hera Syndulla (New!), Mon Mothma (New!), AP-5 (New!) and Chopper.

Saw Gerrera’s U-Wing ($80): Remake of the 2016 U-Wing with Saw’s grey color scheme. Minifigures would include the long-awaited Saw Gerrera (New!), Two Tubes (New!), Ezra Bridger with jetpack and new painted Scout Trooper helmet and two updated Deathtroopers (New!).

I'm a sucker for all starfighters so these would be the sets I want the most. 

Another vote for a TIE Bomber as a set I'd like to see next year, plus I'd add a B-Wing to the list. Preferably the Ep 6 version, although I wouldn't say no to the Rebels variant - a good chance to get another Hera fig and something different in the colour scheme to a sea of bley.

Quick stab in the dark regarding Summer 2022. I have gone with 9 sets in total. 

Book of Boba Fett x2 - £29.99-£79.99

Andor x2 £59.99-£89.99

Obi-Wan x1 £19.99-£34.99

This leaves us with 4 remaining sets: 

Coruscant Airspeeder Chase £54.99: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Zam Wessell

Republic Fighter Tank £64.99: Mace Windu, Mace Windu Clone Trooper (x2)

18 + set £49.99-£69.99 - this is tricky, struggling for ideas. Will be very intrigued to hear 18+ OT ideas in this thread that’s for sure!! Maybe a detailed Desert Skiff or an Imperial Council Room. 

Republic Acclamator Cruiser £149.99: Chancellor Palpatine, Yoda, Shaak Ti, Clone Captain, Clone Pilot(NEW), Clone Trooper (x2) 

the £149.99 set could be a s7/AOTC Republic Gunship instead. 

On 11/6/2021 at 6:41 PM, Redroe said:

Naboo star cruiser. 

GBP 69.00, 4x figures: Amidala, Padme, Panaka, pilot. R2D2 as a bonus.

In pearl grey/flat silver. It's 22 years overdue. I can dream.

I’d love this, but larger. It’s my dream. Ric Olie is the pilot. 

On 11/10/2021 at 11:46 PM, ArrowBricks said:

I’d love this, but larger. It’s my dream. Ric Olie is the pilot. 

Ric Olie! I knew I knew his name.

I thought bigger, but I'd be just as happy with the bare essentials. Larger often makes rounded smooth shapes more difficult to do. 

The crazy thing is how easy it would be. There are a lot of wedge and curve parts in pearl grey now. Amidala ought really to be in her black feathery headress but no one would complain if they rereleased the one from the Gungan Sub. The only new mold would be Padme's hair. 

I got my hopes all raised by the prominence of the ship on the TSS cover. But twas not to be. 

4 hours ago, Redroe said:

Ric Olie! I knew I knew his name.

I thought bigger, but I'd be just as happy with the bare essentials. Larger often makes rounded smooth shapes more difficult to do. 

The crazy thing is how easy it would be. There are a lot of wedge and curve parts in pearl grey now. Amidala ought really to be in her black feathery headress but no one would complain if they rereleased the one from the Gungan Sub. The only new mold would be Padme's hair. 

I got my hopes all raised by the prominence of the ship on the TSS cover. But twas not to be. 

There’s a pretty solid moc uploaded to YouTube of a system scale version of the set. It’s from 4 months ago and somewhere in the comments it’s 850+ pieces. Obviously Lego would change and modify but it’s a good starting point to look at.  

I have envisioned it in Pearl grey and my oh my I think it would be an excellent release. I’d love a new version of Padme. Heck they could release Theed Padme. 

I almost doubt we'll be seeing sets for andor and kenobi right off the bat. Maybe one for kenobi, but andor doesn't seem like it'll have much overlap with that 6-12 audience.

Plugging away on making mocs for the wishlist... here's my crab droid build that looks suspiciously like a metroid villain.

Crab%20Droid.png

Edited by Mandalorianknight

47 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I almost doubt we'll be seeing sets for andor and kenobi right off the bat. Maybe one for kenobi, but andor doesn't seem like it'll have much overlap with that 6-12 audience.

I disagree. Kenobi is supposed to be a one-off event series, not a multi-season one like The Mandalorian. It makes more sense to release any tie-in sets while the hype is strong because the show won't have any relevancy past that point, especially with the focus immediately shifting to Mando S3, Andor and Ahsoka.

I think Andor will stick with the pattern of one set for the show's debut and see how it sells. I believe that one is intended to run more than one season so there's a bit more flexibility with its release window for merchandise. Plus going into some pretty big ANDOR SPOILERS here:

Spoiler

There's no better opportunity for fans to get that long awaited Saw Gerrera minifigure they've been asking for.

In all honesty, I'm not sure either of Andor or Kenobi will get any sets. LEGO hasn't exactly been keen to make sets for series before they're proven to be popular, let alone for ones that only last one season. As much as people love Obi-Wan (myself included), I don't think he as a character has as much pull as Boba Fett or Ahsoka, so the series will have to be properly good to generate enough hype to warrant a set. The same goes for Andor.

The other thing is the amount of sets released in a normal wave... With the UCS sets, helmets and the 'adult display' system sets, we only seem to be getting 9 or 10 system scale playsets in a calendar year. Unless that allocation goes up I think TLG will focus on the franchises with a bigger guaranteed pull rather than taking a chance on the more minor series, for want of a better word.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Plugging away on making mocs for the wishlist... here's my crab droid build that looks suspiciously like a metroid villain.

*photo*

That's a really nice crab droid and now you've made me want to look for my copy of Metroid Fusion and GBA :D

13 hours ago, Per_SW said:

That's a really nice crab droid and now you've made me want to look for my copy of Metroid Fusion and GBA :D

I first knew Samus from playing smash 4 at my friend's house in 2014 and now I try to spread the gospel of metroid wherever I can.

19 hours ago, wesker said:

I disagree. Kenobi is supposed to be a one-off event series, not a multi-season one like The Mandalorian. It makes more sense to release any tie-in sets while the hype is strong because the show won't have any relevancy past that point, especially with the focus immediately shifting to Mando S3, Andor and Ahsoka.

I think Andor will stick with the pattern of one set for the show's debut and see how it sells. I believe that one is intended to run more than one season so there's a bit more flexibility with its release window for merchandise. Plus going into some pretty big ANDOR SPOILERS here:

I agree about andor, but that bit about kenobi being a miniseries honestly might work against it. Lego likes to play it safe with shows, and if a show is confirmed to only have one season, I think it's more likely they either give it a single small set or completely disregard it rather than go all-out. I think Kenobi's set chances depend heavily on how lucasfilm wants to market it, too.

Searching for minifig-scale AT-ST MOCs and I came across this AAT from Brickvault:

aat_2.0_moc_01_896x896.png?v=1631144727

God I wish TLG made 18+, highly-detailed, not-necessarily-intended-for-play, minifigure-scale vehicles in the 30 - 120$ range. The UCS Millenium Falcon, Slave I and Imperial Shuttle, all of which are minifigure scale, are my favorite LEGO Star Wars sets trio, mainly because they look so good together in display.

I get people like the helmets, the large-scale droids and the fancy 18+ vignettes, but I would be more than willing to exchange all of those to get minifigure-scale, UCS-quality vehicles.

EDIT: Holy smokes, I'm absolutely astounded at how many minifigure-scale Star Wars MOCs there are on Brickvault. The Bricklink prices to get the necessary pieces to build the MOCs does kinda rain on my parade, but seeing all of those ships together only makes me want more for TLG to tackle something like this.

Edited by Terrasher

On 10/30/2021 at 5:16 PM, ArrowBricks said:

Go on the ladies and gents, what set for 2022 is a must for you? 

For me, a Clone Wars s7 Republic Gunship. 

I would love to see the following:

• A new podracer (Anyone's but Anakin's, since we just got that one last year)
  • A remake of 7133 Bounty Hunter Pursuit (I'm still shocked this hasn't happened yet)
  • A sandcrawler microfighter
  • Lars Homestead (a smaller set--maybe just the kitchen area?)
  • Brick-built ice spiders (including a minifig of the frog-woman)

I don't really think any of these are super likely, but a guy can dream!

I’d like to see Lego remake the Ghost. Even if Rebels is over. We got Clone Wars sets after that ended, I really wish we could get a rerelease of the Ghost and Phantom as they cost too much on the aftermarket and would love to see that revisited.

Also when are we finally going to revisit Zam Wessel? I think that chase scene was fun. 

Also the entire Max Rebo band. That is all.

Has anyone compiled a list of options for the two upcoming accessory packs yet? I’ll present mine below :classic: It’s not necessarily a wishlist, but speculation like that doesn‘t really fit in the regular 2022 thread either, so this is probably the proper place. Here goes:

• OT: Hoth Han, Pilot Luke, Hoth Rebel Trooper (x2). The new prints would go to an updated Han
  • PT: Obi-Wan, 212th Trooper (updated prints x2), Airborne Trooper
  • ST: The Senate, Rey, Kylo, one of the KoR
  • TCW: Ahsoka, Maul, Mando Loyalist, Death Watch Mando
  • TBB: Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, Omega
  • Mando: Incinerator Trooper, Imperial officer, Mando, Greef
  • Spin-offs (ok, now this is wish-listy): Saw Gerrera, Rebel Trooper (x2), Deathtrooper

Any other (somewhat) realistic ideas? :laugh: I’m probably wayyyy off with all of these ideas, but it’s fun to speculate about them anyway

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

42 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:
  • OT: Hoth Han, Pilot Luke, Hoth Rebel Trooper (x2). The new prints would go to an updated Han
  • TBB: Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, Omega
  • Mando: Incinerator Trooper, Imperial officer, Mando, Greef

Hoth and Mando I think are likely. I’d cry if TBB idea occurs, it would be such a waste. 

Then again, it’s not like Hoth doesn’t have vehicles/turrets etc for a battle pack so equally I am doubtful. 

Only thing I would probably add would be TBB Imperial Clones - Elite Trooper (x2), Phase II Clone (x2) 

Equally, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re super generic. 

I am shocked we haven’t had any news on them! 

14 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Then again, it’s not like Hoth doesn’t have vehicles/turrets etc for a battle pack so equally I am doubtful. 

Speaking of battlepacks: I purposefully included at least one named character in all of my suggestions since it wouldn’t make sense for the accessory packs to offer the same thing as BPs. After all, why would they release a 20$ Snowtrooper BP and, say, a 15$ Rebel pseudo-BP at the same time? :laugh: 

19 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Equally, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re super generic. 

So far, all of these packs have offered something new, so I’d expect the same here. It won’t be earth-shattering, but an Incinerator Trooper or Omega for instance would be amazing without requiring much investment on TLG’s part :thumbup:

The only way these could be disappointing is if the prints are A) not new (which would be incredibly sad given the budget) or B) wasted on something pointless, like a barely noticable torso update :tongue:

I’m pretty confident they’ll be decent though

7 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Hoth and Mando I think are likely. I’d cry if TBB idea occurs, it would be such a waste. 

Eh, the BB are only available in a $100 set right now so it'd be incredible for the target audience, plus omega guarantees collectors get it.

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Speaking of battlepacks: I purposefully included at least one named character in all of my suggestions since it wouldn’t make sense for the accessory packs to offer the same thing as BPs. After all, why would they release a 20$ Snowtrooper BP and, say, a 15$ Rebel pseudo-BP at the same time? :laugh: 

My theory is that these are the "new" battlepacks, and they'll phase out the boxed ones, but for now I think you're right that they'll have at least one named character.

Alright, here's my ideas. Going off only 3 new prints per pack, since many of the other accessory packs do that, though SW might be different given the larger budget.

Tython battle: 2x stormtrooper, fennec shand, and an exclusive boba fett (like with the robes and scratched armor, new torso with arm printing, legs, and helmet). Builds are some little bits of terrain.

Echo Base defenders: 3x hoth rebel trooper, exclusive snowy hoth han (new torso, legs, and head with the goggles and bandana printed). Build is a P-tower and some snow.

Kamino Standoff: imperial crosshair, 2x exclusive elite squad troopers (new helmets, torsos, and legs), and hunter. Build is a little modular kamino training platform thing.

Geonosis clones: 3x p1 clone trooper, 1x exclusive clone captain (new torso and helmet printing). Build is a mini command center with a new printed console 1x2 slope showing a spider droid on a targeting display.

Exogol (I totally stole this idea from brickbob): Reborn palpatine (new head and torso, uses black dress part for legs), Ben Solo (new head print on a plain black torso), Rey, and a sith trooper. Build is the Sith Throne.

Death Star troopers: 2x stormtrooper, 1x navy trooper, 1x exclusive imperial officer (black suit and lieutenant plaque). Build is a turbolaser.

Mandalore battle: 1x mandalorian loyalist, 1x 332nd trooper, 1x male mauldalorian (new helmet print with gar's torso), 1x female mauldalorian (new helmet and torso prints). Build is a bit of the mandalore city with an explode function.

First order troopers: 2x first order stormtrooper, 1x first order flametrooper, 1x exclusive new kylo (new head print of his helmet like the 2015 one, new leg printing, uses existing kylo torso). Build is some of the ruins of maz's castle with an explode function.

Edited by Mandalorianknight