TomSkippy

Don Cordoba's Chapel

It's been too long! 

This build started as an Ideas project: I wanted a small chapel for an island town. The stained glass got more and more complicated so the chapel kept growing. Given TLG's hesitation to build religious structures, I decided a large chapel wouldn't cut it. But the chapel would fit well in BoBs, so I added a graveyard, fountain, procession, and here we are. Originally, this was supposed to be a nod to the old Imperial Armada line... note the color choices, crests, etc.

Let me know what you think!

50943571448_e1b30277e2_c.jpg

50943571433_918917b784_c.jpg

This was originally going to go to the side of the chapel, but it was just too ornate... so I moved it to the town 'square'

50944372447_de0f696372_c.jpg

Recognize the names?

50944272821_27e42a2ac2_c.jpg

Interior shot of the stained glass and congregation

50944372122_a5bea552c1_c.jpg

Back of the church. One of the most frustrating things from Studio for me is stickers... I love customs, I had to photoshop it in. It turned out okay, but would have been better with a real sticker on real bricks. :pir-sceptic:

50944372147_790f105918_c.jpg

Final shot. You can find more on my flickr

Spoiler

A final note: The fountain splashes and the mini-anchors won't work with real bricks... Honestly, if I actually built this, I would drill out the 92690 (bar with side studs) to make the cattle horns fit and I would glue the fountain splash into the goblet. This is why Sea Rats shouldn't be building chapels. :pir-murder:

Edited by TomSkippy
broken links

Beautiful chapel with a fountain.:pir-love: I like the design and colors.

Excellent build, and well rendered!  You really captured the feel of a Spanish missionary church, and the parts usage is excellent. Fantastic job!

Great build and very "alive" scene, well done!

I don't know why, but my favourite part is the graveyard. :pir-skel:

Nice job on this build, the light blue is lovely and both the fountain and little cemetery are well done.  Also great use of those micro figures with capes - looks so Oleondish!  (Maybe not the intention but it does. :pir-laugh: )

Edited by Kai NRG

Love it! Great styling for the chapel itself, and wonderful details. It really feels right at home in a pirate island setting! :thumbup:

Beautiful. It would definitely make a cool set or display piece. The chapel and fountain look great, but the detail in the graveyard is simply superb with all the olive green plant pieces scattered around to make it look realistic. Also, the ship's wheel/helm piece really needs to be made in pearl gold, just for making chandeliers like this!

Gorgeous architecture and colors. That fountain is cleverly built and the graveyard is a nice addition to the church. I also like the way you made the priests. Too bad the Gandalf torso doesn't exist in brown.