UrbanErwin

[MOC] NS1202

The NS1200 series entered service back in 1952 as part of the reconstruction of the country after the 2nd World War. Bought as part of the Marshall plan, these were designed by Baldwin/Westinghouse in co-operation with Heemaf. Of the 25 engines build 2 are still in active service today, and a third one being used as an engine by the National Rail Museum in Utrecht.

The real engines are enormous compared to most other Dutch Engines. For this model I've chosen the colours used back in the 50s untill the 60s. The NS1202 is the roadnumber of the one at the Railway Museum with the same colours.

50796496683_8e878e6eb3_b.jpg
NS1202 [Main] by Ervvin, on Flickr

And the real deal, my model is 1:45 scale model.

The engine is powered by a custom build Li-Ion battery, controlled through a PFx Brick. The train has working signals at the front and the back.

The drivetrain consists of 2 PF XL-motors driving BBB M-wheels with a 1:1.667 ratio.

50796496458_7255d7ce7b_b.jpg
NS1202 [3] by Ervvin, on Flickr

I want to thank Pieter Post for helping with the photo's and some stickers, as well as Raised, Tijn__ and loads of others for helping me with some details and feedback.

There are more pictures, inlcuding a whole lot of WIP pics in my Flickr album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmPwWwf1

A video of the engine running can be found here: youtu.be/43uboyz-Fp8

Utterly beautiful model. All those details are outstanding - look at those bogies!  :wub:

And these slightly angled sides must have been a real pain in the a...!

Nice build! I think you could make the front a bit taller.

Excellent rendition of NS1200. I like how you captured the slope up high, but still made it all work together seamlessly.

Very nice! It's not easy to get the shape and angles of that windscreen right, and the windscreen determines the 'face' of an engine.

Very impressive!  Angles such as the ones you have achieved are some of the hardest to achieve in LEGO - and you have done them perfectly.