Jim

Technic General Discussion

It all depends on the price of course :wink:

Both are sets with some interesting rare parts (rims, air tank), so I reckon they could be useful.

If I didn't already have one, I would pay approximately double the retail price for one 8459; it's one of the absolute best sets in its' size ever made by TLG.

If I didn't already have one, I would pay approximately double the retail price for one 8459; it's one of the absolute best sets in its' size ever made by TLG.

+1

Agree, 8459 is a must-have.

PS. If you don't want to buy it, let me know, I might be interested :laugh:

Edited by DrJB

+1

Agree, 8459 is a must-have.

PS. If you don't want to buy it, let me know, I might be interested :laugh:

I think I'm going to wait. it seems a bit overpriced at 78 dollars

Just Ebay lego 8459 I think the auction ends today so hurry

Agreed, that's a bit on the high side. I'll wait as well. Thanks for the heads-up. :classic:

And I owe you a special 'Thank You' for that 'other' thread of mine, for being the first one for jumping in and posting a positive note. :thumbup:

Edited by DrJB

Ok, so I want to rebuild Lego 8258, using new(ish) parts. I never had the chance to get this set, since I live in Canada. I have the Unimog (8110), but I never really liked it much. I built it once, then dismantled it recently. So I have 2048 pieces to work with, plus all the pieces from set 8068 (I got this set as a brand new gift, never built). I went to a website, and saw which pieces I am missing. I am able to buy all the parts directly from the Lego website, however, I have a question. Do parts that say "out of stock" ever come back in stock? One part that says "out of stock" is this one 64393.gif

Another part is this one 62531.jpg

^ However, for this part (second pic), I can find an alternative one with the new extra holes in it (which I don't like but whatever). I never tried calling them but before I do, do you think the red long, smooth panel (first picture) will ever be in stock?

Edited by sama

Sorry if this isn't the correct topic or forum to post on but I need some help. For the TC6 contest my radical needs a sticker. Any tips or tricks to make nice stickers? Also I do not have any fancy printing paper but I do have a decent printer and paper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this isn't the correct topic or forum to post on but I need some help. For the TC6 contest my radical needs a sticker. Any tips or tricks to make nice stickers? Also I do not have any fancy printing paper but I do have a decent printer and paper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just try to go to a nearby copy service, most of them can print on whatever sticker you want (and they have paper too).

What tips do you want to hear? Making stickers from zero involves many different activities/problems.

For making my stickers I used Photoshop, but I guess GIMP (which is free) is just as efficient for this simple task.

I looked for some inspiration using google image search, then I tried different fonts for 3 hours, then I used this tableto find out the proper colors, I calculated the height of the stickers in pixels so that they don't cover more parts. I had many versions of the patters on the print so that I could try more variants.

Then I went to a nearby copy shop, printed the stickers, found out that the colors were totally off but whatever. I was lucky because the background color was white, so that couldn't be that off. I could have printed on transparent instead... Next time.

The total work of designing/implementing/printing was about 5 hours.

Edited by Lipko

Thanks Lipko but I do not have a copy shop near me but I've designed the sticker. Any tips on making them out of paper and attaching/sticking the stickers to the lego?

I am wanna see which AA batteries are best for maximum performance and have a long lasting charge, for the PF battery box. I am looking around shops and I think 2500 mah batteries will be best, but does company brand matter? Like, are Energizer batteries better than other not-well-company brand batteries, even if they are both 2500 mah, and 1.2v? Also, does Lenmar make good rechargeable batteries? For me, good means good battery life, and consistent performance (like, the battery performs the same for everyone, not one guy has some good batteries, while other people have bad ones, meaning the company makes inconsistent batteries). I was looking here but I am not really smart, and was confused. But it seemed like Energier batteries performed really well. Still, I need your answers/opinions!

Eneloop, I like the low discharge rate when not used. There are several generations,models and brands, so not every cell is the same. Just Google Eneloop.

+1.

I have positive experience with Eneloop as well. In the US, you can get them from Costco, 12 batteries + charger.

HELP i need somebody

HELP not just anybody. :D

But someone who can explain to me, how to acquire LDD (or similar) LEGO program to plan my MOCs

and to view Nicajsnos (?) great Rebuild of the 8110 front axle. (Watched his build on YT GREAT)!!

Are ALL bricks om the program?

Shall I download new bricks, or will the system update itself?

Is it expensive ?

Make up more relevant questions yourselves and please anser a Technic(ally challenged) member.. :)

Check this forum for a lot of helpfull topics and questions:

Not al bricks are in this software, but 99% or so is.

Updates are autmatic for this one.

Thank you so much!

I think you guys might like to see this, it's a video of a large crawler crane using a smaller one as counterweight.

I think you guys might like to see this, it's a video of a large crawler crane using a smaller one as counterweight.

Yup, seen that before. I think on the Liebherr YouTube channel. Lots of good stuff there. They also did one of several crawler cranes lifting each other.

These two technic parts with rubberized elements are quite common, I am not aware of any others that are somewhat common that are rubberized or soft plastic.

4299625.jpg4198367.jpg

I am looking for something that may be only the width of one beam wide, with a cross-axle connection, Any thoughts?

It is a good idea, I think you need a smaller crane to mount another, why not use it as counterweight if you will have to pay for both.