Jim

Technic General Discussion

what is the smallest circle that the big tracks from 8263 snow groomer can make?

The small sprocket (the one used on the snow groomer) represents the smallest reasonable radius.

The small sprocket (the one used on the snow groomer) represents the smallest reasonable radius.

Oops, I meant to say inveted circle, so the outside of the tracks is on the index. My bad.

I think that the inverted circle diameter depends on the mold of the tracks. If I am not mistanken, the older mold allowed more reverse flexing, therefore smaller circle. Check the BL picture of that part, it shows both types.

57518.jpg?2

Unfortunately, both types are under the same number and you don't know what type the seller has.

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Hi all,

Is there a reliable source that I can find the list of extra parts that come with a set?

I am specifically looking for extra parts of 9393 and 42027, but if there's a general list, that would be good to know too.

Hi all,

Is there a reliable source that I can find the list of extra parts that come with a set?

I am specifically looking for extra parts of 9393 and 42027, but if there's a general list, that would be good to know too.

There is list for 42027 on Bricklink, but not for 9393.

Edited by zux

Actually, that spare list of 9393-1 on Rebrickable has not been verified, so it could be missing parts. Hopefully someone has that set and can give us a headsup :classic:

Actually, that spare list of 9393-1 on Rebrickable has not been verified

I wonder where/how do you see that? :look:

I wonder where/how do you see that? :look:

I'm an admin @ Rebrickable, I can see everything :wink: In this case we did not get any update requests from users for that set.

I allways thought the extra parts in Lego sets in general are totally random. That is not the case?

Nope, though there might be slight variations amongst different copies of a set.

Edited by jantjeuh

I'm an admin @ Rebrickable, I can see everything :wink: In this case we did not get any update requests from users for that set.
Oh, missed that you mentioned Rebrickable, I thought of Bricklink :blush:

I allways thought the extra parts in Lego sets in general are totally random. That is not the case?

I thought this as well!?...the numerous sets i bought always seemed to have a random number of spares, i bought 8295 BNIB and the spare parts left over does not correspond with the part list on Bricklink, i think its random.

Extra parts on BL seems to be accurate for, except sometimes.

Hi!

I am looking for a couple of guys/gals to review the building instructions for my latest project (6x6 truck) before I release them publically. By review I don't mean do a written/video review of course, but rather look them over and give me some feedback on stepping, clarity and quality, as well as spotting of mistakes I might have overlooked.

I am in the final stages of making the instructions now, so I'm thinking I'll export a .pdf directly from LPub for you to check out, and then make the proper instructions in PowerPoint or something, adding clearifying text and arrows, as well as some other tweaks to make it more understandable (some things will not make much sense - especially when attaching submodels (cabin for example) - without arrows and other viewing angles etc.. Again, I am looking to find technical oddities that might be off. I have the model built physically, and it works great, but I may have missed something when building it digitally.

So if this sounds like something you might be able to help me out with, please shoot me a PM, and I'll send you a link to download the .pdf hopefully today or tomorrow!

Thanks! :classic:

WOW 8421s are $350 - $500 here... that's more than the replacement! even if the rare parts can be sold back, i can barely afford it to begin with! ill have to see if anything is going cheap i guess...

Forget the 8421, buy an RC Flame instead, you get 2 motors, and many more interesting parts.

8288 was before my Technic rebirth, but based on Bricklink prices, and from what I have heard from public opinion, it was a smashing hit. It is the only crawler crane that Lego has released and brickshelf, MOCpages and other file sharing sites are riddled with larger renditions of crawler cranes. Therefore, I am thinking that a new, larger crawler crane might be a hit, and a possible idea for Lego Ideas.

A larger version of 8288 would be easy enough, and perhaps if it served as a flagship could be 1500-2500 pieces. If it even excluded PF, which may be a large drawback for some (but appealing to others b/c they could then add their own) for a flagship price (200-250 USD) I could even see a crane at around 3000 pieces. It would not need really any new parts, and would supply builders TONS of valuable 15L liftarms. Even if no PF are added, cranes are valuable resources for physics and engineering education. I think given the ease at which the model could be created, TLG might be interested in the idea if there were sufficient interest.

What do people think? Is there interest in a larger 8288 (larger and different as well)? Do you think this idea would fly if submitted to Lego Ideas?

p.s. I have not the time to build such a model right now.... if anyone wants to run with this idea they are more than welcome to.

Technic models generally don't do well on LEGO Ideas. And I think this Idea is no exception. Of course, lot of people will love it, but not 10.000. And if 10.000 like it, I still don't see TLG making this as a LEGO Ideas project.

I will be merging this with the General Discussion Topic.

No need for separate topic.

I think sooner or later TLC will make 8288 Mk II, but not trough CUUSOO, Technic is "too niche" for CUUSOO and big models seem to be out of the scope too.

I think sooner or later TLC will make 8288 Mk II, but not trough CUUSOO, Technic is "too niche" for CUUSOO and big models seem to be out of the scope too.

Exactly!

LEGO Ideas is perfectly suitable for smallish sets, which don't really fit into a certain theme.

<offtopic>

I wonder what TLG will do with the first Modular Building which reached 10.000 votes the other day.

</offtopic>

Is the 8285 a good set? should i get one? (i have seen one cheap) it looks really great but i can't sell myself on it just yet, any second opinions?