Interesting. The Zetros is going to have upgrades in terms of stability in the hood and doors (besides the battery hub). Apparently no upgrade info about the rear axle (bashing the wall test failures).

Hello,

I have just assembled the Zetros, so far everything works, but somehow the steering hacks a bit, the L-Motor does not switch off (noises) or does not quite get to the basic position, I used the Lego control + app to control it. How is your experience so far?

I have similar experiences since the last software update. The steering sometimes starts to move slowly and gets to the ends only after several adjustments, but after a while it kind of warms up and gets okay. And it does make noises for ever, like it keeps adjusting itself (and drains the battery as well). What I do is I turn off the screen on the phone when I am not controlling it, then it stops making the noises and the battery lasts longer as well (both the phone and the hub).

I'm in the process of assembly and now I understand what everyone meant by "axles being too massive". They are enormous and provide zero ground clearance due to their geometry. 

My initial plan is to build the truck completely stock, play with it, record performance and key parameters and then apply various fixes and mods that have been posted everywhere. Once something improves I'll record how much it has changed. I'm going to pimp my Zetros as much as possible before I even attempt any MOCs based on him.

I like the set, like the truck and while it does have it's faults I don't get the hate it gets from a lot of people. 

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The hate is mostly for the price.

Fortunately I got it brand new for a very good price :classic:

Guys, has anyone saw new-updated set? I heard a lot of rumors but still have no understating if and when it will be revisited... 

17 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Guys, has anyone saw new-updated set? I heard a lot of rumors but still have no understating if and when it will be revisited... 

What are the differences?

RacingBrick has a good video on this matter.

Hello,

Since on the LEGO homepage the instruction is updated, if I order the set the new updated one will come? Has anyone have the updated version so far?

On 20/03/2022 at 06:37, mutaling said:

Bonjour,

Étant donné que sur la page d'accueil de LEGO, les instructions sont mises à jour, si je commande l'ensemble, le nouveau mis à jour viendra ? Quelqu'un a-t-il la version mise à jour jusqu'à présent ?

Hi,

What are the updates made by LEGO? 

Finally built this.

I got a v1 copy at a good price, built it largely to the v2 instructions. 

I found the build a bit underwhelming, to be honest. Less good aspects - many of these well discussed: axle clearance is poor, speed is slow, phone interface not as good as a physical controller. The v2 updates to keep the doors and bonnet closed do have an inelegant, bolted-on feel. Without stickers, the colours are mostly bland. 

I often feel that some cosmetic details on these models are off in a way that would be easy to get better. For instance, the use of multiple colours in the diagonal beam on this, when all parts are commonly available in black; the nozzles on the fire extinguishers are prone to breaking off; the extinguishers are too big and badly placed; the exhaust is unsecured; rear lights are prone to breaking off; the fake fuel tanks are clumsily secured at the back. Most irritating - the bed of this truck is ridiculous - the bed not filled, and the sides too low to hold anything. 

I made some cosmetic fixes:

ifET4hc.jpg

CODFr4W.jpg

The good: the model does climb remarkably well, and is a good parts pack for me, for control +, planetary hubs, new diffs, etc. I did not realise the green is the same as 24hr race car - good to have a few more parts in this colour. 

Edited by DrJimbo

The Amazon Zetros arrived earlier and I was surprised that the battery pack/Bluetooth module had no screws.

I then downloaded the instructions using the Lego App on my Ipad.

Turns out by the end of Bags 1 that I have the V1 Zetros and surprisingly the App instructions are also V1.

I found this out by watching the video posted  a little earlier in the thread.

I then downloaded the PDF from the Lego website and its V2 and so I am now building from this.

TBH I am surprised about two things:

1. The V1 is still on sale.

2. The Lego instructions via the Lego app are still V1.

Thanks to the Forum I can sort this out and build the newer version.

Edited by williamyzfr1

Sorry if this has been asked already but are there any clues on the boxes as to whether you have an original or updated set? 

6 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Sorry if this has been asked already but are there any clues on the boxes as to whether you have an original or updated set? 

Nope.

Just in case, here is an overlay of V2 model with highlighted new/replaced parts in comparison with V1:

• 3L liftarm + bricks stack to secure the Mersedes Tri-Star round shield
  • 3L bars with connectors to keep the hood locked
  • Parallelogram hinges to keep the doors locked due to increased friction and additional mount points.
  • A new screw-locked Hub

1280x720.png

I know old topic and all, but does anyone have a picture of the Zetros with the new Audi 2491 tires fitted? Recon it would look much better and have better grip than with the tractor wheels. Could someone send me the Studio file in PM please? Never mind. Found one.

Edited by R0Sch