9 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Are you guys sure about the 6x6 and C+ for the Zetros set? Was really hoping for an offroad 4x4 Unimog style truck with pneumatic compressor and manual functions. I was really disappointed by the Volvo Hauler from last year... too heavy, too slow and the automated gearbox didn't help if all it can do is drive in 1st gear due to lack of torque.
Also if a flagship CAT Bulldozer and Zetros are released in the same year, it means the CAT will be most probably designed by Kossi and the Zetros not, which again is unfortunate because he created the wonderful Unimog. Maybe Milan or Michael will be the designers.

Would be nice if it was Milan and Olav, they have done some fantastic sets. (not to discredit the other designers though!)

I've been researchifying, and apparently the Zetros was initially designed specifically for the defence industry. Sure, in some isolated markets the Zetros is used as a tractor unit and fertilizer spreader (the Middle East, for example), but in the majority of places it's used by the respective military as a mobile artillery unit and/or gun platform.

It's definitely not a commercial truck like the Unimog...

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

Sure, in some isolated markets the Zetros is used as a tractor unit and fertilizer spreader (the Middle East, for example), but in the majority of places it's used by the respective military as a mobile artillery unit and/or gun platform.

It's definitely not a commercial truck like the Unimog...

What about the fire truck and/or crane truck variants? There's definitely commercial/utility applications for it

9 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

What about the fire truck and/or crane truck variants? There's definitely commercial/utility applications for it

True. But one could say the same about the Osprey. That would have great non-military applications as well, but the fact remains that it's a vehicle built for the military first and foremost.

As is the Zetros. I'm surprised TLG have chosen that particular model after the Osprey incident.

19 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

True. But one could say the same about the Osprey. That would have great non-military applications as well, but the fact remains that it's a vehicle built for the military first and foremost.

As is the Zetros. I'm surprised TLG have chosen that particular model after the Osprey incident.

Osprey isn't that long ago is it? The Zetros may well have been in development before they turned around on the Osprey.

2 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

Osprey isn't that long ago is it? The Zetros may well have been in development before they turned around on the Osprey.

Osprey's first flight was in 1989. To put things in context that was when the Cold War was around. Zetros was first presented in 2008.

While the osprey could have been used for non-military purposes, I think the issue for its detractors was that it was mainly only ever used for military purposes. I don't agree with that as the Lego version was clearly a rescue version but whatever. I'm guessing the Zetros had a lot more use outside the military than the osprey so it's not as much of an issue.

I'm not against the Zetros being a set, believe me. It looks like a seriously cool truck and I'm interested in seeing what TLG has stuck on the back. I'm just concerned that people might start boycotting it like the Osprey. You never know with some people!

7 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

True. But one could say the same about the Osprey

You can’t really, since there aren’t actually any other current applications being used for the Osprey like there are for the Zetros

Just now, Bartybum said:

You can’t really, since there aren’t actually any other current applications being used for the Osprey like there are for the Zetros

Hey, I'm willing to be flexible on that point. And it does get me thinking just what the set's gonna include. The article I linked to says that the Zetros 4x4 is used as a fertilizer sprayer in Australia, so it could possibly be something agricultural.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Hey, I'm willing to be flexible on that point. And it does get me thinking just what the set's gonna include. The article I linked to says that the Zetros 4x4 is used as a fertilizer sprayer in Australia, so it could possibly be something agricultural

Honestly I’m just expecting a flat dumper/bed crawler. I was holding out for a pneumatic crane because of the price tag, but the rumour a month or so back got me cracking the sads

I think that the incident with the Osprey was not because of the model itself, but with the builder company (Bell-boeing) and the considerations that paying the copyright to them would be understood as supporting a company with significant contributions to military industry. But, anyway, it's difficult to really differentiate this decision about the Osprey and other similar situations.

About the Zetros, I think, similar rule may also apply. I hope not! 

2 minutes ago, HectorMB said:

I think that the incident with the Osprey was not because of the model itself, but with the builder company (Bell-boeing) and the considerations that paying the copyright to them would be understood as supporting a company with significant contributions to military industry. But, anyway, it's difficult to really differentiate this decision about the Osprey and other similar situations.

About the Zetros, I think, similar rule may also apply. I hope not! 

Reading your post, I don't think that'll be the case.

8 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Hey, I'm willing to be flexible on that point. And it does get me thinking just what the set's gonna include. The article I linked to says that the Zetros 4x4 is used as a fertilizer sprayer in Australia, so it could possibly be something agricultural.

If that would be then I hope for new tractor tires :devil: (it was a way looooong time ago since we had 56x26 Tractor tires :laugh:)

Here is 4 x 4 fertilizer

https://mbs.mercedes-benz.com/en/special-trucks/agriculture/working-hard-for-agriculture.html

On 2/13/2021 at 9:26 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Osprey's first flight was in 1989. To put things in context that was when the Cold War was around. Zetros was first presented in 2008.

I think he means the LEGO sets, and yes - I’m guessing TLG has already been developing the Zetros set when the Osprey incident happened

As I understand it, typical development time for a large Technic set is something like two years, so the Zetros must have been pretty far in the development during the last summer when the Osprey incident happened.

According to sources, it will be white and green...

Very interesting AND weird choice here. It will definitely look great and make a great display piece, but a gray truck may be more recognizable.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:29 AM, JintaiZ said:

Very interesting AND weird choice here. It will definitely look great and make a great display piece, but a gray truck may be more recognizable.

To be exactly, it’s might be dark green and the dark green 5x11 flat panel in set 80013 likely to be re-used.

On 2/19/2021 at 6:29 PM, JintaiZ said:

I'm pretty sure I saw someone say, in either this forum or another one, that it is supposed to be DBG and dark green. Personally I'm hoping for DBG and that the #1 and #2 panels are used so that I can finally get them for a MOC I've been working on.

2 hours ago, Black_Belt_Titan said:

I'm pretty sure I saw someone say, in either this forum or another one, that it is supposed to be DBG and dark green. Personally I'm hoping for DBG and that the #1 and #2 panels are used so that I can finally get them for a MOC I've been working on.

Sure, 'cos that colour scheme doesn't seem military in any way... :look:

The Zetros has been also leaked today on iG...Green-white color scheme, Xerion medium sized tractor wheels 6x6, independent suspension, Control+, Trophy truck trial flatbead.

Edited by R0Sch
corrections

It’s either the angle or these wheels are smaller than the big tractor wheels. Could be a size between the two current sizes.

Edited by LvdH

I genuinely can’t tell whether they’re new tyres or not.

The colour scheme isn’t as garish as I’d worried, especially for a trial truck. I quite like it. I’m curious to find out what suspension it has, whether it’s solid axles or just independent.

However, I’m still not gonna get it, because I don’t think it’s worth forking out $500AUD for this. It’d need to have a pneumatic crane on the back for me to do it.

7 minutes ago, LvdH said:

It’s either the angle or these wheels are smaller than the big tractor wheels. Could be a size between the two current sizes.

You are right. New type of tires smaller than Xerion. Similar to this with side pockets:
reifen.jpg