1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

Reviews are always helpful to take decissions but this set would need a miracle for me to even trying to think to buy it, I will see Sariel review anyway because I think he is a honest rewiever.

Totally agree!

2 hours ago, technicfan said:

All I say is thank god for Afterpay or Laybuy here in NZ, that's going to be the only way I can afford this.

I'll just wait for Sariel's review before I make my decision on buying this. 

Building it just from the photos has made it a very challenging build, fortunately I am not building the gearbox, but fitting separate motors and drives to each function is challenging also. It is a great set, the only downside is the price, though I remember when 8275 came out it was very expensive at that time too. I would have never expected a set to be double the price of that then.

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

To be honest I haven't really noticed his absence

And that's not really suprising since he didn't bother to comment very often exept for his own MOCs...

6 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Couldn't agree more...

Like i said before (who cares?) The only thing that i need for those "Early Birds" is a Part list/New Parts, i never watch their speed build or what soever,  No one will spoil what I'm about to Discover by my self, after all it's my "Hard earned Money" who will decide...😉 

Just wondering,  if they only Bought that every "Expensive"  Set and make Review , will they thoughts make difference..? Just wondering not asking...✌😄😄

Edited by Dylan M

Yeah it's like those revievers on Amazon who get the products for free and then proceed to give good ratings so they'll get the next product too. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

While all the reviewers say that their opinion wasn't influenced by getting the set for free it is still a lot easier to give a set a good rating if that money is still in your pocket, especially with these "450€ other people pay rent with this kind of money" sets.

But now back to topic, sorry.

Edited by Gray Gear

6 hours ago, Bartybum said:

3 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

And that's not really suprising since he didn't bother to comment very often exept for his own MOCs...

11 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

Couldn't agree more...

Way to take a massive dump on someone who's contributed to the Lego community for years, providing free access to a treasure trove of free ideas and apps. Where are your inspiring contributions?

16 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Way to take a massive dump on someone who's contributed to the Lego community for years, providing free access to a treasure trove of free ideas and apps. Where are your inspiring contributions?

:thumbup:

@suffocation It's not that I don't respect him, he has great talent for sure, but the way he left wasn't exactly nice imo.

And what I said wasn't wrong either, right? He didn't post here very actively if he hadn't released a new MOC. Nothing wrong about that, its his decision. But that does make people not notice his absence once he left for good.

18 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

@suffocation It's not that I don't respect him, he has great talent for sure, but the way he left wasn't exactly nice imo.

Can you blame him? He gave even the slightest bit of criticism and got shelled into the ground, with people calling him toxic. He pointed out the Zetros' fatal flaw and people accused him of bashing TLG. And, to top it off, a good number of his amazing MOCs got shafted to a forum barely anybody frequents.

Just now, Milan said:

This is a thread for the CAT bulldozer. Back on topic, please.

Sure thing, Milan.

The CAT D11T (D11, sorry)! Ridiculously big. Ridiculously yellow. RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE.

Discuss.

35 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE.

On that point, it seems the angular motor only costs €5 more than its L counterpart (B&P prices), so those two tread-driving fellas sure don't do much to justify the price. So unless a certain retailer across the border cuts the MSRP like it did with the Liebherr, leading to a 40% discount come Schwarzer Freitag, it's gonna be a pass.

50 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Ridiculously big. Ridiculously yellow.

Because it is BIG YELLOW (42082 was Big Red) ;)

I'll try to reinvent the wheel; it's possible that new tracks are more expensive than ordinary like on Liebherr, 2 extra XL sprockets, yellow 5 x 7 frames... and of course it doesn't mean that every licensing contract is under same conditions; of course it doesn't justify the price and it could be just LEGO trying to gain more profit...

I'll be direct - who wants to buy it; let him/her buy it, who doesn't (like me) could wait for desired pieces to be available other way (Bricks & Pieces, bricklink...)

If I remember correctly the same thing was about Liebherr and number of people waited for big discount and bought it, so as @suffocation indicate something like black Friday or happy Friday could enable you to get it at affordable price and then you'll forget all about this bla bla BLA BLA BLA...

21 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

WTF? They told me 42114 was Big Yellow!

I'm pissed now.

Cat is MORE BIGGER YELLOWER yellow.

47 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Cat is MORE BIGGER YELLOWER yellow.

All yellow sets are equally yellow. But ones are equallier :laugh:

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Discuss.

Aleady was told many times: - TLG will produce ->  blogers will review ->people will complain on the sofa at home aaaand buy. Iteration closes.

Some of you are lucky enough to have 8275 during his availability year, its a good thing that they make BIG Bulldozer as a Flagship again for the "Newbie " like me/us , I'am a Flagship Man, i definitely buy this set and that's my "Inspiring Contribution "😊

I don't really care about your complaint, i care/like about people who will find a way to fill that flaws, BUT please don't Stop complaining, they said TLG listen or follow this forum, so that's your "inspiring Contribution ", but don't make BIG profit for that Complain 😉

Now that I have had a chance to study the pictures more on the LEGO site, there are a few things about the looks I really don't like. Mostly those axles on the outside of the blade arms, not really a big fan of that ladder either, the way it stows away just looks funny to me, but I guess the real one is similar, so I could live with that. But man those LAs and axles exposed and in harms way just really bug the shit out of me now. And those damn tan gears.

The funny thing is I really shouldn't even care, since I doubt I will ever be able to afford this set, somehow though now the Mercedes trial truck seems like a bargain.

😟

Edited by Johnny1360

7 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

looks super good with the black tracks , also i know the set has only 2 actuators for the ripper and it should have 4 IMO , will yours have 2 or 4 ?

Edited by Milan
Do not quote videos or images from the same page, please.

1 hour ago, nugnug115 said:

looks super good with the black tracks , also i know the set has only 2 actuators for the ripper and it should have 4 IMO , will yours have 2 or 4 ?

It has 4, two motors for the rippers, 3 for the blade.

13 hours ago, Dylan M said:

Just wondering,  if they only Bought that every "Expensive"  Set and make Review , will they thoughts make difference..? Just wondering not asking...✌😄😄

13 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Yeah it's like those revievers on Amazon who get the products for free and then proceed to give good ratings so they'll get the next product too. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

While all the reviewers say that their opinion wasn't influenced by getting the set for free it is still a lot easier to give a set a good rating if that money is still in your pocket, especially with these "450€ other people pay rent with this kind of money" sets.

Don't want to derail the topic, happy to continue the discussion in another one.

I can only speak for myself but I don't get every set from TLG, I buy way more LEGO than it'd be considered "healthy" and the way of obtaining the set does not influence my opinion. I'm an adult, I also see the price tag and can perfectly evaluate that factor as well and take it into consideration in the review.

Of course you don't have to believe me in the age of "only negativity can be trusted", but then I wonder if you are watching any reviews online about electronics, cars, etc. because 99% of them was not purchased either by the reviewers.