Lyichir

LEGO Sci-Fi Ongoing - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

Those are not the right shape for Space Police MOCs.

What do you mean? You can use any shape you like in MOCs. 

Not if you are trying to build something that is a modern version of the old sets along the lines of the blacktron gwp...

8 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Not if you are trying to build something that is a modern version of the old sets along the lines of the blacktron gwp...

I suppose so, but MOCs don't have to be remakes of old sets. It would fit in with the theme nicely since it's basically the same shape as the Space Police windscreens, only much shorter. It's way closer to the original windscreens than the Lightyear windscreen is to the one on the original Blacktron ship at least.

On 2/15/2023 at 6:38 PM, Lyichir said:

Obviously not a classic, unlicensed space theme, but the new Guardians of the Galaxy sets might be of interest to some. The small-ish Rocket Raccoon spaceship in particular has in part 35193 in Trans. Green, a nice angular windscreen that'd be great for late Classic Space or Space Police II MOCs. And the bigger ship uses 52978 in Trans. Red, which hasn't appeared in that color since a 2007 Bionicle playset. 

Oh, dang, I thought it was Tr. Bright Green at first, but after a closer look at the lifestyle/in-hand product photos, it definitely seems like both the windscreen and the studs for the stud shooters are traditional Tr. Green! It's been a long time since we've seen any new windscreens in that color.

I don't know if anyone mentioned or noticed, but the Nexo Scheiss Knights space helmet is now available in dark turquoise in a Stuntz set, along with the dark purple airtanks, which should* bring down the Bricklink price for that part! Another one of them has the CMF bounty hunter helmet in green, which would be fun for a custom-made companion.

*has already

On 3/4/2023 at 12:06 PM, Artanis I said:

I don't know if anyone mentioned or noticed, but the Nexo Scheiss Knights space helmet is now available in dark turquoise in a Stuntz set, along with the dark purple airtanks, which should* bring down the Bricklink price for that part! Another one of them has the CMF bounty hunter helmet in green, which would be fun for a custom-made companion.

*has already

Which set is that exactly? I already have the motorcycle helmet version from Sir Danju, so only really need the air tanks.

Edit: 
never mind, found it 

Edited by Wonderpants

16 hours ago, Wonderpants said:

I already have the motorcycle helmet version from Sir Danju, so only really need the air tanks.

Same!

Possibly a new transparent windscreen color in 75346: Pirate Snub Fighter

I'll call it Trans-Earth Blue

75346_alt8.jpg

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Possibly a new transparent windscreen color in 75346: Pirate Snub Fighter

I'll call it Trans-Earth Blue

75346_alt8.jpg

Huh, I'd been unsure from a casual look at the main set picture, but seeing the "lifestyle" shot that definitely looks like a new color!

I don't know if I'd necessarily compare it to Earth Blue (since classic Trans-Dark Blue still seems darker and richer than this new, more glassy-looking windscreen). If I had to compare it to any opaque color I'd sooner compare it to Sand Blue.

Edited by Lyichir

9 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Huh, I'd been unsure from a casual look at the main set picture, but seeing the "lifestyle" shot that definitely looks like a new color!

I don't know if I'd necessarily compare it to Earth Blue (since classic Trans-Dark Blue still seems darker and richer than this new, more glassy-looking windscreen). If I had to compare it to any opaque color I'd sooner compare it to Sand Blue.

It has a bit of a purple tint, like a Trans-Blue-Violet

Pretty sure that’s satin trans-black. 

13 hours ago, Oky said:

Pretty sure that’s satin trans-black. 

Yeah now I see it too, I only got a few of those 1x4 tiles in that color, but it also has this blue tint to it, depending on light.

Quite an interesting color, in full bright light (like holding it to a white sky) it just looks like regular trans-black/brown.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 2/16/2023 at 1:26 PM, Lyichir said:

It's hard to tell—in some of the photos it looks darker than others, moreso than I'm used to with Trans. Bright Green (which I feel like I'm usually much better at discerning).

I was watching Just2good build the set on Twitch last night and it looks like you were right about it being trans. green. 👍

19 minutes ago, Oky said:

I was watching Jist2good build the set last night and it looks like you were right about it being trans. green. 👍

Can't find the video but glad to hear it. I definitely thought it was trans bright. Just proves again I suck at seeing colors.

3 minutes ago, danth said:

Can't find the video but glad to hear it. I definitely thought it was trans bright. Just proves again I suck at seeing colors.

Which set is this? If it's trans green, I bet that means we have a Space Police GWP coming up.

Those new NASA Aixom spacesuits presented for the Artemis program will be minifigures in 2025 100% 

Not unless you count the rumored vehicles from Dreams or the red swooshy that's part of the big Monkey Kid mech.

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Those new NASA Aixom spacesuits presented for the Artemis program will be minifigures in 2025 100% 

They better be!

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

There is no non-licnensed set this year other than the GWP Blacktron Crusier?

I believe that the IDEAS 21340 Tales of the Space Age is rumored to come out in May. 

4 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

I believe that the IDEAS 21340 Tales of the Space Age is rumored to come out in May. 

Ah i see okay thanks!

The leaked Dreamzzz sticker sheet features a variation of the CS logo with an hourglass and a few figs with useful-looking futuristic armor and Cyberpunk hairstyles, so it looks like we might indeed get our space fix from this theme!