That Orchid is looking great! And they use the Stranger Things headpieces for the small flowers :laugh_hard:

10 hours ago, Borex said:

That Orchid is looking great! And they use the Stranger Things headpieces for the small flowers :laugh_hard:

I saw that, I think that's an amazing feature!

18 hours ago, Borex said:

Well spotted! Love that - these botanical sets are such great unusual part packs, and brilliant innovative parts use.

5 hours ago, williejm said:

Well spotted! Love that - these botanical sets are such great unusual part packs, and brilliant innovative parts use.

That's a great summary of the theme. I hope we get another Botantical set in the summer similar to how we got the Birds of Paradise set but maybe I am getting ahead of myself :grin:

Succulents look quite nice, but need to see the final in details first (things like parts lists etc)

I'm a big fan of Cactus or Aloe type plants, but those builds perhaps look a bit too smooth.

Orchid looks fantastic, imo the best botanical set yet.

Edited by TeriXeri

Orchid and succulents are now up on the website and both look fantastic. The succulents are a bit small but I guess that's the trade off for having multiple builds rather than a set focused on one single plant, and by nature don't involve the long stem pieces that many of the other botanical sets use. Lots of useful curved pieces for the various leaf shapes, including Forestmen hats in one of the smaller builds!

A little late for this year maybe, but dare we hope for a Christmas addition to the botanicals at some point, you think? I'm guessing a poinsetta would be the obvios choice. Amaryllis would perhaps be hard to build stable enough. A Christmas rose would be lovely too. 

23 hours ago, FrkW said:

A little late for this year maybe, but dare we hope for a Christmas addition to the botanicals at some point, you think? I'm guessing a poinsetta would be the obvios choice. Amaryllis would perhaps be hard to build stable enough. A Christmas rose would be lovely too. 

Next two are due out in February, maybe next year!

Both are great suggestions!

I’m quite curious if TLG doe a Halloween-themed botanical set.  For example, a jack-o-lantern or 3 white small pumpkins to decorate our home. 

The daffs are now on lego.com as coming soon

The description also mentions about one of new releases coming next year, confirming the set.

These pretty daffodils can be combined with other LEGO flower sets, such as the Wildflower Bouquet (10313), Roses (40460), Tulips (40461) or Sunflowers (40524) – each set sold separately.

I will probably buy the other smaller flower sets now as well as the daffs and make my own "Garden Flowers" Bouquet. 

Edited by MartyMcFly

23 minutes ago, MartyMcFly said:

The daffs are now on lego.com as coming soon

The description also mentions about one of new releases coming next year, confirming the set.

These pretty daffodils can be combined with other LEGO flower sets, such as the Wildflower Bouquet (10313), Roses (40460), Tulips (40461) or Sunflowers (40524) – each set sold separately.

I will probably buy the other smaller flower sets now as well as the daffs and make my own "Garden Flowers" Bouquet. 

The Tulips are pretty weak compared to the others in my opinion.  The Roses are really nice, I got enough to make a dozen. The Sunflowers are fun.  The Tulips aren't much better than the flowers they've done in the Friends polybags.

The first 2023 Botanical Collection sets, released on February 1st, have been leaked now with box art:

10313 Wild Flower Bouquet 

- 956 pieces

- $59.99/€59.99/£54.99

10314 Dried Flower Centrepiece 

- 812 pieces 

- $49.99/€49.99/£44.99

10313 definitely interests me far more than 10314 - maybe 10314 would look good on a wall?

I love the dried flower arrangement! Wonderful colours, will look brilliant on a table or mantle next fall. 

Oh, these look lovely!

I see some very interesting recolors too, including bicorn hats in dark purple and magenta and epaulets in orange.

These are both very nice.  Pleasantly surprised by the Dried Flowers Centrepiece.  And it can be combined to form a larger display.

I was very sceptical about this theme when first launched.  But it is growing :laugh: into one of my favourites.

On 12/20/2022 at 11:40 AM, MartyMcFly said:

it is growing :laugh: into one of my favourites.

My too!

Have all the sets except the bird of paradise (will buy it if I find it on sale), and looking forward to the ones next year that are looking fantastic :sweet:

On 12/20/2022 at 10:40 AM, MartyMcFly said:

I was very sceptical about this theme when first launched.  But it is growing :laugh: into one of my favourites.

Same here. At first I thought, "nice Mother's Day present I suppose.."

Since then I've bought the bonsai, roses, sunflowers, orchid and three sets of the main bouquet :D

Love the look of the Wildflower bouquet. A definite purchase. Dried flowers look good, but they don't exactly sit in a vase on the mantle, and if they lay loose like that it's a recipe for disaster in my home.

1 hour ago, Yoggington said:

Same here. At first I thought, "nice Mother's Day present I suppose.."

Since then I've bought the bonsai, roses, sunflowers, orchid and three sets of the main bouquet :D

Love the look of the Wildflower bouquet. A definite purchase. Dried flowers look good, but they don't exactly sit in a vase on the mantle, and if they lay loose like that it's a recipe for disaster in my home.

It looks like the dried flowers are mounted to a frame of sorts that can be either laid flat or mounted on a wall. Looks like multiple copies can be combined into a larger arrangement, too.

Not related to the new sets but I've picked up copies of the Bouquet and Orchids for some of my aunts and uncles. One of them is an avid gardener and the other has several real-life orchids so I hope they enjoy these gifts even though neither are really Lego builders/collectors!

I got both sets 10280 and 10313 in one vase..

how_many_flowers_klein.jpg

A friend of mine said once to me: "I really love that you always have fresh flowers..."

2 small (40747 Daffodils and 40725 Cherry Blossoms) and 2 normal sets (10328 Rose Bouquet and 10329 Flower Pots) rumored for next year.
I still have not bought the 3 that came this year and only last week got the bird of paradise from 2021 :tongue:

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

2 small (40747 Daffodils and 40725 Cherry Blossoms) and 2 normal sets (10328 Rose Bouquet and 10329 Flower Pots) rumored for next year.
I still have not bought the 3 that came this year and only last week got the bird of paradise from 2021 :tongue:

Ohhh that gonna be interesting to see 4 sets! I’m curious about  cherry blossoms and Rose Bouquet. 

On 2/21/2023 at 5:58 PM, JunkstyleGio said:

I got both sets 10280 and 10313 in one vase..

how_many_flowers_klein.jpg

A friend of mine said once to me: "I really love that you always have fresh flowers..."

Oh wow! I'd been resistant to getting the Wildflowers set sinc the vase we were using for the earlier bouquet was running out of room and I was worried the colors might clash, but these look gorgeous together!