Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

First video with the Minifigures "on the flesh"

*snip*

That jaguar warrior is legit, and it wouldn't surprise me if we got an Aztec/Mayan "princess" using a recolored cabaret singer's headdress.

Edited by K_Tiger

The ladybird legs don't look great. Dual molded in black and red, then most of the red covered up with black but not done all the way to the edges, leaving red showing. I think I prefer to see them print red on black legs even though it comes out too dark.

A few things. Having just saw just2goods video;

• The centaur looks better and does have a different color tail, her smiling face feels out of place. Should have been given another hair piece as well me thinks. If she had the dino tracked hair and a printed on warrior crown like Wonder Woman from the DCCU, I think she’d have more of a warrior stance to her (just a suggestion I get it may not be popular). Might pick her up and customize the figure

• I hate the violin kid more. Thankfully a few of you enjoy him but to me this figure is way too generic and such an easy pass.

• The Performer looks better but in person the cape piece they gave her looks more out of place than the OG photos made it seem. At least its a spare skirt piece I guess.

•Alien becoming one of my favorites

Box distribution is terrible and I hope whatever store I’m buying from has multiple boxes in case some boxes are missing characters like here. I had no idea Lego sold entire boxes that were completely missing figures. Not in the sense that the box was missing packets but in the sense not every figure in the series was represented. Overall 

Well, my very first post on Eurobricks.    I just stumbled upon a completely unopened box of the series 21 minifigures at the local Kohls.  (well not completely unopened, the clerk was just opening it when I got there.) So I could not resist and bought the box right then and there.  

I have attached a photo of the box.  Once i get through the box i will give you all a distribution on the box as well as a location for each from this box.  However, the one thing I have already noticed is that there are 34 blind bags in this box.

21 box (3).jpg

Ok, Just got through the whole box.  Using the feel method, which on this set is super easy as each of the figures has completely unique accessories so there is no it could be this one or this one guessing or further feeling required.

First things first.  The box actually had 36 figures in it not 34, two were hiding on the bottom. Second the box contained 3 complete sets.

Here is the distribution that I found

Front ---

Left                                                        Right

Centaur Warrior                                Ancient Warrior

Centaur Warrior                                Ancient Warrior

Alien                                                 Ancient Warrior

Shipwreck Survivor                          Pug Costume Guy

Shipwreck Survivor                          Alien

Shipwreck Survivor                          Alien

Cabaret Singer                                 Space Police Guy

Cabaret Singer                                 Space Police Guy

Beekeeper                                        Space Police Guy

Paddle Surfer                                   Cabaret Singer

Paddle Surfer                                    Beekeeper

Airplane Girl                                      Airplane Girl

Airplane Girl                                      Violin Kid

Violin Kid                                          Violin Kid

Ladybug Girl                                     Beekeeper

Ladybug Girl                                     Paddle Surfer

Centaur (underneath)                       Pug Costume Guy

Ladybug Girl (underneath)               Pug Costume Guy

17 hours ago, cosmic said:

Well Series 19 had a pizza suit guy, a fox suit girl and a rainbow panda suit guy. 20 had an alpaca girl, a peas in a pod suit girl and a green brick suit guy. So its on par with past series but perhaps more notable due to the smaller batch.

I know right! Should have been hair clippers :grin_wub: :sarcasm:

Since the initial comment was directed at me I’ll say this. The back and forth was more so disagreements on my proposed alterations to the series, and me responding  to how I felt, either compromises could have been made or more exciting and less polarizing figured could have been made. I’m just a technical person who felt like my point wasn’t quite being expressed or understood in the way I wanted it. The back and forth was more that than actual complaining about the figures themselves. It was me throwing suggestions and responding to the critique of my critique. But either way if the back and forth that went for a page or so crowded the discussion I make no apologies because thats not a big deal to me and honestly as long as it didn’t take up 3-5 or god knows how many pages it wasn’t too crazy a back and forth (to me). But hey if cluttered messages bug you, you probably didn’t finish reading this. Hehe. :shrug_oh_well:

EDIT: Just counted and I started my critique at the bottom of page 15 and responded to disagreements on 16 and once on 17. Having only took u the bottom of 15 and one comment on 17 on that discussion I stand by my initial point that, it wasn’t that bad (some internet forums go on tangents that can last dozens of pages and I’m the type of nut job to engage in those haha) but again if it was too much for you, I encourage you not to go on any sports forums as rumor has it disagreements there can uhh, last a while.

I was saying in general sometimes it gets boring and taxing wading through several complaints.  All I'm saying is there is room for improvement in everything, no one is perfect and I get that you may have liked something else but there is no way lego is going to please millions of people all the time it's just not going to happen.  

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

The centaur looks better and does have a different color tail, her smiling face feels out of place. Should have been given another hair piece as well me thinks. If she had the dino tracked hair and a printed on warrior crown like Wonder Woman from the DCCU, I think she’d have more of a warrior stance to her (just a suggestion I get it may not be popular). Might pick her up and customize the figure

The Lashina hairpiece from the DC Superhero Girls minidoll in brown would have been pretty good on the centaur. Eowyn and Galadriel's hairpieces may have worked, too. I'm not really keen on the centaur outside of the actual horse bit, but I've got a Forest Maiden I never got around to getting the skirt piece for that I can throw on there.

51 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

The Lashina hairpiece from the DC Superhero Girls minidoll in brown would have been pretty good on the centaur. Eowyn and Galadriel's hairpieces may have worked, too. I'm not really keen on the centaur outside of the actual horse bit, but I've got a Forest Maiden I never got around to getting the skirt piece for that I can throw on there.

Yes I agree the Forest Maiden hair or Eowyn’s hair would have gave the figure more of a forest cryptid feel. The smiling face and regular hair make the figure feel very normal as opposed to the impact other hair choices would have given. Also don’t see why she’s so happy, she’d do good with a stern face. Also a printed crown would please me but feel free to disagree. 

This wave altogether see’s a lot of design choices that lean towards city if not day-to-day normal looking figures. There’s an appeal to that but the robots and aliens of this series will always be my favorite.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Yes I agree the Forest Maiden hair or Eowyn’s hair would have gave the figure more of a forest cryptid feel. The smiling face and regular hair make the figure feel very normal as opposed to the impact other hair choices would have given. Also don’t see why she’s so happy, she’d do good with a stern face. Also a printed crown would please me but feel free to disagree. 

This wave altogether see’s a lot of design choices that lean towards city if not day-to-day normal looking figures. There’s an appeal to that but the robots and aliens of this series will always be my favorite.

We never got Eowyn as a fig,  Which fig are you thinking about?

8 hours ago, MSY-MSP said:

Ladybug Girl (underneath) 

Can you post pics of the Ladybug Girl?

Like back printing (if any) and such

Thanks for the report, by the way :)

9 hours ago, MSY-MSP said:

Ok, Just got through the whole box.  Using the feel method, which on this set is super easy as each of the figures has completely unique accessories so there is no it could be this one or this one guessing or further feeling required.

First things first.  The box actually had 36 figures in it not 34, two were hiding on the bottom. Second the box contained 3 complete sets.

Here is the distribution that I found

Welcome :classic:
Good to hear that there is 3 sets per box, that should be positive since none of the figs will get crazy expensive on the secondary marked due to them being rare (off course some of the army-builders will be more expensive anyway) :sweet:

6 hours ago, zoth33 said:

We never got Eowyn as a fig,  Which fig are you thinking about?

I was thinking Arwen from the Council Of Elrond. Thanks for the correction.

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Can you post pics of the Ladybug Girl?

Like back printing (if any) and such

Thanks for the report, by the way :)

Not a problem.  here you go!  The only printing is on the front and she has dual molded legs.

128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 

Thank you all very much for the information! :classic:

I completely agree with @BrickHat - this definately is an excellent series! :wub:

I really like it that we're getting a huge variety of minifigs so that there's something for everyone (policeman and alien for Space, shipwrek survivor for Pirates, the warrior for history in general, the cenaur for Fantasy and all the other minifigs for City). Plus there are many amazing new parts (Finallay a violine!) and great new prints (Paradisa reference on the paddle surfer's toro).

My favourite figures are the violonist, the plane suit girl, the paddle surfer, the singer and the beekeeper.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

16 hours ago, cosmic said:

I was thinking Arwen from the Council Of Elrond. Thanks for the correction.

Got you.  That's what I thought you meant but thought maybe you were thinking of a custom or something else.  

The jaguar reminds me so much of the giant living statue from the movie Road to El Dorado. A must buy purely for that alone.

Thank you for the link, Robert8!

Say, this series is great! I am so glad we are able to get a closer look!

I like Pug Suit Guy’s bandana (I’m a dog person and I tend bandana around my dog’s neck), Centaur Warrior, Plane Suit Girl, Shipwreck Survivor, Paddle Surfer (don’t get me wrong but i am pleased with azure life jacket, surfboard, dolphin, and minifigure!), Violinist Kid (it stil doesn’t bother me at all), Ladybug Girl, and more. Say, I am going to collect all of them! :)

After taking a closer look, I still can't say I'm a big fan of it. I like the pug custom guy, but that's about it...

7 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

The jaguar reminds me so much of the giant living statue from the movie Road to El Dorado. A must buy purely for that alone.

Yeah that is one of the strongest figures for sure. I was a big fan of the Aztec warrior, so seeing this guy so many years later is a delight for me. In fact, I am having a hard time picking my favorite of the series, in spite of my space-heavy bias!

20 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks, I'm enjoying the review and the comments!

I see I'm not the only one getting tired of the Galactic Fascism that Lego is pushing, with Humans as the good guys and aliens as the bad guys. Makes me appreciate Life on Mars so much more!

The fact that they named the alien figure Alien makes me very much suspect they dropped "Criminal" from his name at the last minute. I mean, he has a crow bar -- it's pretty obvious. I think they realized the HuMaN gOoD ALiEn bAd thing was getting stupid. And really the Alien minifig is just too freaking cool to be constrained to one role. I wish he had come with a recolor of the old trans-neon orange chain saw, maybe in trans green or something, to allow him to be a criminal OR miner. He could also pull off an alien scientist role. Also, it's Space, shouldn't he have a laser crow bar or something? How rad would that crowbar be in trans green? (Credit to @Aanchir for getting me stuck on transparent colored accessories lately).

The Space Police guy, I'm torn on. I will have to get a few. I loved Space Police as a kid and this is a faithful modernization. The armor looks reusable for non-police Space figures as well. But there's something...boring about him that I can't put my finger on. And frankly, as an American, I'm tempted to quote some NWA lyrics right now.

I have to agree with others who say the Violin Kid is pointless. He seems like a throwaway figure you'd get in some City set. Makes no sense as a CMF. Straight up weird if you ask me.

1 hour ago, danth said:

I see I'm not the only one getting tired of the Galactic Fascism that Lego is pushing, with Humans as the good guys and aliens as the bad guys. Makes me appreciate Life on Mars so much more!

The fact that they named the alien figure Alien makes me very much suspect they dropped "Criminal" from his name at the last minute. I mean, he has a crow bar -- it's pretty obvious. I think they realized the HuMaN gOoD ALiEn bAd thing was getting stupid. And really the Alien minifig is just too freaking cool to be constrained to one role. I wish he had come with a recolor of the old trans-neon orange chain saw, maybe in trans green or something, to allow him to be a criminal OR miner. He could also pull off an alien scientist role. @Aanchir

How about he is an alien scientist that uses the crowbar to prize rare crystal specimens off of rocks.