MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This list seems to be the final nail in the battlepack coffin. That $20 set is our only hope for an army builder set.

For all the plaudits LEGO have had for the cheaper X-wing and TIE (rightly so IMO), this wave is expensive. Only one sub-$50 set (not counting the advent calendar), five $100+ sets including D2C... Ew. Mind you if one of those is a Mandalorian Arquitens I might be able to forgive it.

The best thing to do with an AT-AT would be to motorize it. Its not that hard to do for Lego themselves and would be a really cool play feature. Instead of putting weird functions which cannt compete with normal video games (like they tried with Mario or Hidden side), they should rather be pragmatic. Put some light up functions and motorisations in the few products where its possible, combine maybe with sound functions that can be controlled by phone...

About battle packs: Shame since it was the best way since years to get good figures cheap with some nice molds. Sad also since we usually dont get many figures in the expensive SW sets (sometimes like 4-6 figures with mostly repeats and slight updates in expensive sets).

CW S7 Mandalorian battle packs or similar stuff would have been interesting for sure and I cannt believe its much more obscure than some OT side characters.

I see those prices stayed nice and low. *oh2* I hope we get some hefty builds and plenty of figures for those prices or there goes the theory of Lego's soft reset of the line.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I see those prices stayed nice and low. *oh2* I hope we get some hefty builds and plenty of figures for those prices or there goes the theory of Lego's soft reset of the line.

LEGO be like: 3 figures in a $100+ set, take it or leave it :devil:

If new summer set list is real its definitely weird. 3 Ucs sets, kinda overkill... The rest of wave seems to be very small with 5 sets, but hopefully those will have quality over quantity. 

Even though the prices on this rumour list don't seem to follow the "Lego are doing scaled down, cheaper sets" line of thinking, this could be a similar situation to when people said "The 501st pack was so successful, why isn't the winter 2021 wave all Clone Wars?" i.e. Waves are (presumably) planned 12-18 months in advance so if Lego was waiting to gauge the success of the cheaper sets we wouldn't see the results of that until say beginning of next year; just as the coming summer wave could be building on the successes of the previous summer. How this all works trying to plan 2-3 product cycles ahead and not knowing if your ideas will sell until you're well into the next development cycle I don't know, but that's why I don't work in R&D or marketing.

And yeah, RIP battle packs, at least for now, as there isn't anything at either the $15 (regular size) or $30 (501st deluxe) price points.

Didn't a supposed leaker said that the summer wave will much beefier this time around?Because that's definitely not the case here with this list,excluding the D2C and calendar sets we have 5 normal sets which is far less from what we got last year.Fingers crossed those sets aren't lazy remakes.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO be like: 3 figures in a $100+ set, take it or leave it :devil:

And they were doing so well with the scaled-down-but-still-perfectly-displayable-and-decent-figure-numbers-per-set. :iamded_lol:

Really though, I do hope not or I'll have to leave it. What with the HP summer wave this could be an expensive year.

19 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Even though the prices on this rumour list don't seem to follow the "Lego are doing scaled down, cheaper sets" line of thinking, this could be a similar situation to when people said "The 501st pack was so successful, why isn't the winter 2021 wave all Clone Wars?" i.e. Waves are (presumably) planned 12-18 months in advance so if Lego was waiting to gauge the success of the cheaper sets we wouldn't see the results of that until say beginning of next year; just as the coming summer wave could be building on the successes of the previous summer. How this all works trying to plan 2-3 product cycles ahead and not knowing if your ideas will sell until you're well into the next development cycle I don't know, but that's why I don't work in R&D or marketing.

And yeah, RIP battle packs, at least for now, as there isn't anything at either the $15 (regular size) or $30 (501st deluxe) price points.

That is very true and possible, but in reality that strategy is just going to annoy a lot of consumers surely so I think Lego would be a bit foolish to employ it (bot saying they haven't of course you may be totally right). But a parent or grandparent say buying for a kid is sure going to question why they can get a decent X-Wing build for a lowish price at the beginning of the year, but then a set later in the year costs a lot more and to the naked eye looks of similar value.

3 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Didn't a supposed leaker said that the summer wave will much beefier this time around?Because that's definitely not the case here with this list,excluding the D2C and calendar sets we have 5 normal sets which is far less from what we got last year.Fingers crossed those sets aren't lazy remakes.

They said the second half of this year will have more sets overall than the first half of this year. It wasn't in relation to how many sets we got last year.

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

They said the second half of this year will have more sets overall than the first half of this year. It wasn't in relation to how many sets we got last year.

That still isn’t true as there are 11 sets in the 1st half and 8 in the second half

I'm half inclined to believe the $800 could simply be a reissue of the MF like the Saturn V had. 
Otherwise, 3 D2C sets seems rather strange, and seems a coincidence that the $800 is the same price as the 75192...

IMO, if 75309 is the Gunship, that  price feels quite high for the ship. Very disappointing, as I voted for it but was expecting it to be $200. But if it is $350, I just can’t justify the purchase. I assume I’m not alone in this, which is a bit worring that it may contribute to lower sales and harm the chance of future prequel-era UCS sets.

Yakface are now ascertaining that 75309 is the Gunship and 75313 is a Death Star. (11,000 pieces) 

75308 seems to be a mystery. 

For the remaining 6 this is nothing new. Remember expect another 2 or so...I’ve seen 8 as a number we should be aiming for, for this wave (think of the RazorCrest, Death Star Duel, ITS Transport) 

7 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Yakface are now ascertaining that 75309 is the Gunship and 75313 is a Death Star. (11,000 pieces) 

75308 seems to be a mystery. 

For the remaining 6 this is nothing new. Remember expect another 2 or so...I’ve seen 8 as a number we should be aiming for, for this wave (think of the RazorCrest, Death Star Duel, ITS Transport) 

Where are they saying the 75309 is the gunship? 

I have to say if the UCS Gunship is $200 and not $350 I’ll be disappointed. I’m sure it’ll still look great but to really be done justice at a UCS scale it needs to bigger. Look at the UCS A-Wing. Does it look like a Gunship could be done justice at the same size? Needs to be a bigger scale. It just does. I really hope it’s the $350 set

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Where are they saying the 75309 is the gunship? 

Admittedly I’m being sloppy, but I have seen a very trusted Instagram leaker exabrickslegogo quote from them saying these details. 

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Admittedly I’m being sloppy, but I have seen a very trusted Instagram leaker exabrickslegogo quote from them saying these details. 

I think that is a mistake or him just crediting the price info not the set info because I haven’t seen them confirm it anywhere

Could 75309 be a UCS Razorcrest? Stock in the Mandalorian is at an all time high (and I'm not sure season 3 will top that season 2 ending), loads of my friend's kids got the system Razorcrest for Xmas and the price could fit.

Whatever happened to the UCS Shuttle rumour - was it confusion over what would be the system set? If not then that's a possibility at this price point.

I admit my thoughts are biased as I prefer vehicles to playsets.

52 minutes ago, josh_a_123 said:

i'm really hoping that one of these sets turns out to be a remake of Palpatine's Arrest

Same here. After LEGO basically rereleases Death Star Duel ( yes it’s a rerelease not a remake), Palpatin’s arrest is a next logical choice. 

It’s been almost 9 years from originals release, compared to 5 years for Death Star duel. It’s one of the better playsets LEGO ever made for Star Wars, and it’s been way too long since we got Ep 3 Palpatin(7 years). 

Price wise it depends on how big they want to go, 100$ price form leaked list would fit nicely, but I can also see them making it smaller at 60$.

Edited by benderisgreat

I could see 75308 being more of an unconventional UCS, something like the Art or sculpture sets rather than the typical ships and play sets than we’re used to. I think the $800 set will be something new; I just don’t see what adjustments to the build or minifigure selection that warrants a rerelease of the Falcon at this stage. I’m guessing the Gunship will be the $350 set. I really want to own a Gunship, but I’m not sure if I want a $350 UCS size version of it. I guess I was hoping it would be something like the Tantive from 2019 where it was essentially just a really large and detailed play set that was just released as a D2C. I don’t reallt have space or room in the budget for too many Star Wars D2Cs, with some exceptions like the UCS Slave 1, the aforementioned Tantive, and soon the Mos Eisley Cantina, so these three new sets don’t matter as much to me.

It looks like there’s five to seven normal, wide-release sets for the rest of 2021 besides the Advent Calendar. Hopefully Lego doesn’t waste any of those spots, but I have a feeling that 75316 is going to be another helmet.  (Not saying the helmets are bad, I just don’t want them in place of normal minifigure playsets.) Lego hasn’t released any other Star Wars sets at $60 for a couple years now.

I just hope that most of these are related to the shows and some prequel stuff that hasn’t been done in a while (like Palpatine’s Arrest). I have pretty much everything I want from the Sequel era besides a few missing characters and the number of OT vehicles and locations I still need are very low at this point. My prequel/Clone Wars collection is far smaller in comparison because I only started collecting Lego Star Wars around the time of TFA, when prequel era stuff became more sparse.

Hopefully 75315 will be Gideon’s Arquitens, but watch it just be another version of the Millennium Falcon. I have to imagine that we’ll get at least one set for the Bad Batch, because we’re getting them as playable characters in the new video game and we got sets for Resistance and TCW S7 after their respective releases.

Edited by The Stud

I get the feeling that alot of the people who voted for the gunship are going to be quite disappointed. This was never going to be a cheap set because it's a UCS set and £350 fits in with the other UCS prices.

9 minutes ago, Gjm-greeny said:

I get the feeling that alot of the people who voted for the gunship are going to be quite disappointed. This was never going to be a cheap set because it's a UCS set and £350 fits in with the other UCS prices.

That was inevitable anyway. It's crazy how many people are expecting to get a ton of figures and named characters. 

So if 75309 is the Gunship, what is the UCS that was rumoured to be in the winter wave (75303)? Surely we're not getting four UCS sets in one year...

Also - 11,000 pieces?! If that's true LEGO has lost their minds. That is too much. Bigger =/= better.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

The $350 set isn’t confirmed to be the gunship yet. Actually I still would put money on it not being $350 but $200 rather. I know the $350 was suggested and people ran with that and because people want the full $350 gun ship. But I wouldn’t be so confident just that that the $350 set is the gunship and not a master builders set

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

The $350 set isn’t confirmed to be the gunship yet. Actually I still would put money on it not being $350 but $200 rather. I know the $350 was suggested and people ran with that and because people want the full $350 gun ship. But I wouldn’t be so confident just that that the $350 set is the gunship and not a master builders set

I actually like that thought better. Imagine if the $200 was a gunship and the $350 a MBS Petranaki Arena. That would be a great combo for display and I would think sales also. But I don't know if they'll do a UCS and MBS at the same time or an MBS two years in a row.