Hinckley

FABUPUNK Mafia! Conclusion—Heresy!

Anyone can post in the thread! Great game, everyone!

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_002.jpg

confirmation_003.jpg

confirmation_004.jpg

confirmation_005.jpg

confirmation_006.jpg

confirmation_007.jpg

confirmation_008.jpg

confirmation_009.jpg

confirmation_010.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

Great job also to Priella Pig (Bob), Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) and Lyev Lion (Trekkie99), our Loyalist Scum team! And of course to Calissa Cat (Pandora), our very first Trickster! Sorry about the dead-on "unsuccessful" give-away. :blush:I'm looking forward to honest feedback from everybody! Thank you to everyone for playing and really putting a lot of energy into this game. :wub:

Rules

(Deviations from the EB standard Mafia rules are in bold blue. Modified clauses have been struck through.)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town (Defectors) or the Scum (Loyalists). To win the game, the Town must kill off all threats to the Town, while the Mafia needs to kill off all players who are not a member of their team, or nothing can prevent this from happening (see example role PMs below) Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles. In this setup, a draw is possible.

1a. This is an anonymous game and you may only post in your character account sent to you by the host. Be sure to check before you post that you are in your anonymous account and not in your main Eurobricks account.

1b. When communicating in private, you should not reveal you true identities to each other, either.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. A majority being reached will not end the day. The day will continue for the full 72 hours and any majority vote that is reached can be overturned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves. Players may not target themselves, unless otherwise noted in your role PM. Players CAN target the same player two nights in a row.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, you may not directly quote any communications that were sent to you by other players in the game. If you wish to reveal private communications, these must also be paraphrased. 

5a. The Role PM is structured for every player in this way:

Player: Your EB Profile

Character: Character name

Affiliation: Town (Defectors) or Scum (Loyalists) or Neutral

Role: [Either the details of a Night Action or] Vanilla. You have no ability. Your power is in your vote! Use it wisely.

Win Condition: Either (You win when all threats to the Defectors are eliminated) or (You win when all players who are not Loyalists are dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening) or (Neutral's win condition)

Character Quirk: Roleplaying is encouraged in this game. I have given each of you a suggestion of a character quirk you may choose to play or not. Feel free to make up your own.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

6a. PMing is only allowed during the Night phase for every player.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator. A warning will be given upon our first violation of Rule 1. Do be careful when posting to ensure you are posting from the correct account.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

NPC

govind_100.jpg

Govind Goat, Captain of The Pluto

pernilla_100.jpg

Pernilla, a pig

pernilla_100.jpg

Omrom, a baby dragon

Players

caylin_100.jpg

Caylin Cow (KotZ), female, Princess of the FABUrealms

evren_100.jpg

Evren Elephant (Umbra-Manis), male, Master of City Development

fergus_100.jpg

Fergus Fox (Kristel), male, Master of Agriculture

hayleigh_100.jpg

Hayleigh Hippo (Shadows), female, Mistress of Coin

maddock_100.jpg

Maddock Monkey (jimmynick), male, Master of Steam Technology

pembroke_100.jpg

Pembroke Panda (Darkdragon), male, Spiritual Advisor

The Deceased

priella_100.jpg

Priella Pig (Bob), female, Leader of the High Council, lynched on Day OneLoyalist

shanley_100.jpg

Shanley Sheepdog (Traiq J), male, High Commander of the Imperial Fleet, murdered on Night OneDefector

hendrik_100.jpg

Hendrick Horse (Dannylonglegs), male, Captain of the Royal Guard, lynched on Day TwoDefector

keyarra_100.jpg

Keyarra Crocodile (Dragonator), female, Ambassador to the Dragon Realms, murdered on Night TwoDefector

wyeth_100.jpg

Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight), male, Magistrate, murdered on Night TwoLoyalist

calissa_100.jpg

Calissa Cat (Pandora), female, Baroness, lynched on Day ThreeTrickster

lyev_100.jpg

Lyev Lion (Trekkie99), male, Master of War, lynched on Day FourLoyalist

More later. Relaxing time now.

Yay for town!

@Hinckley, thanks for hosting a great game!  Loved the set-up.  Sharing the actions around and no PMs makes it more inclusive and forces us to work it out mostly in the day threads.  I think I might have expressed some frustrations to you via PM about not being able to PM other players during the day, but it does make for a better game.

@Calissa Cat, it really was unfortunate (for you, not us) that we randomly picked you as the target on day 1!  Did you get to pick what you handed out each day?

Goodness this was, once again, a full-on-fucking blast. Great game Hink', as usual. I love love loved the trickster role even though the open format admittedly benefited the Town more than the scum. I am 100% bummed that my legitimate ignorance of when the day was intended to start cursed me on Day 2 but honestly, as previously mentioned, having steered the Town so far from the confirmed scum, taking the L would have been necessary at some point. I think clearing me from the board genuinely helped the town more than my clinging to life would have otherwise, especially considering that Priella's death shook my conviction in Wyeth's scumminess. That said... goodness. Great game. 

On 7/14/2020 at 7:26 PM, Lyev Lion said:

Indeed. :sceptic:

Vote: Wyeth Walrus

I get the strange sense you and Hendrick are playing off each other. 

I feel like this quote combined with Priella's lynch on day 1 basically nuked the entire scum team. 

Wait do I have the highest post count of the game? That can't be right. 

nvm Lyev does, you memey bastard

Ahh, now i remember. Size=4 is the Legal-profanity size. 

shit

1 hour ago, Hendrick Horse said:

shit

The gamer accounts bypass the swear filter.

Great game, fun setup, lots of fun comics :wub: Omrom is so adorable.

Once it was apparent that the town had only trickster roles I felt like the game was very scum leaning, but we did a good job picking them out just from posts. I guess it all worked great in the end :classic:

Thanks for hosting!

What did people think of the Trickster?

1 hour ago, Hendrick Horse said:

I love love loved the trickster role even though the open format admittedly benefited the Town

Thank you! I liked it too. I think it's a much more feasible Neutral addition than my attempt with the Traveler. I will tweak some things if I use it again. On the open setup, I agree that it benefits the Town, but in the way that it removes the advantage Scum get from a closed setup. When researching setups on Mafia Wiki, that community play most of their games with open setups. A lot of us have played shared action/open setup games when Def hosted. I'm not sure any of the Scum team in this game has experience with it, though. You have to play it differently than a closed setup game. It can benefit the Scum a lot if they play it right. It gives them a lot of opportunity to build trust with the Town.

This was a very fast game. The Town was on top of things and figured it out fast. This may be the shortest game I've ever hosted.

Aliens, all of you! Me, too! :laugh: 

Another fine game with some crazy mechanics. Could have gone very differently, glad it didn't. :sweet: 

Thanks, Hinck, it was a good time. And I got ice cream!

Just now, Hayleigh Hippo said:

Thanks, Hinck, it was a good time. And I got ice cream!

Another step on the pathway to healing. :cry_happy:

10 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I liked the idea a lot. I know if I was scum there are some ways I though of to take advantage of the setup. They didn't seem to do much with it, but like you said it's pretty different concepts for EB. I think making the trickster an absorber hurt that character a bit though there were some ways to talk us out of the Lynch possibly.

Could the town have won with the trickster alive?

Silly hippo. :wacko:

Now give me some of that ice cream or I'll send the aliens after you!

Just now, Hinckley said:

Another step on the pathway to healing. :cry_happy:

Oh, look, I've run out of words. *cough* :wub:

15 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I would have had a blast in that role, it's designed to bring balance to the force, and we all know how well that goes. :devil:

Man town was bloody sharp this game. :laugh: The Trickster was a  lot of fun!

5 hours ago, Hendrick Horse said:

I feel like this quote combined with Priella's lynch on day 1 basically nuked the entire scum team. 

Yeah probably.  Sorry Wyeth and Priella! :cry_sad:

Scum Board

Password: fabuscum019

:classic: We did it! We got really lucky with nailing Priella and Calissa, and Fergus made an excellent move one-shotting Wyeth - he was not really on my radar at all.

I enjoyed the kinda-open setup with actions going all around - was lots of fun to think and talk about. What was Calissa’s win condition?

My character quirk was “doesn’t like animals” and I was tried to implement that as “doesn’t like animals because they poop too much” and we know where that ended up...

I’m sorry that Lyev got thrown into the scum deep end just as the game was starting, that must have been difficult.

Hi! I'm Caylin Cow, princess of the defecting, successful, FABUrealms! Who are you people again?

I had a lot of fun this game, thanks Hinckley! I really used it as an excuse to kind of just go absolutely nuts in a game. Yeah, getting Bob/Priella was incredibly lucky on Day 1, but Bob's doubling down of not even addressing the first vote when pressed sealed the deal that Priella was scum, for me. I'm surprised I didn't get killed at all. Below are the PMs I sent to Hinckley during the game of my actions and thoughts, similar to what he does whenever he plays. Also are the ones he sent back of roles I got from the Trickster.

On 7/9/2020 at 2:55 PM, Hinckley said:

caylin.jpg

Player: KotZ

Character: Caylin Cow

Affiliation: Town (Defectors)

Role: Your power is in your vote! Use it wisely. (Vanilla)

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Defectors are eliminated.

Character Quirk: While you have an exceptional long-term memory, you have extremely limited short-term memory. You often forget what has been said seconds after it's said. You often times need reminding where you are or who you are talking to. You tend to introduce yourself to someone repeatedly.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:24 PM, Hinckley said:

Tonight you will have a one-shot Action. It is only good for Night One and is compulsive. You must use it or your target will be randomly assigned to another player. If it is randomly assigned, you will find out who you targeted when you are given the result.

Role: One-shot investigator. You must target one person on Night One. At the beginning of Day Two, you will be told which side your target is aligned with.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:43 PM, Caylin Cow said:

You trust me with such immense power?

On 7/15/2020 at 9:21 PM, Caylin Cow said:

I don't like Sarah Jessica Parker. I do not like Green eggs and ham, Sam I am. I think that horse faced minifigure is a nasty minifigure, believe me.

But I expect someone else to go for that horse tonight. So I think I should go for someone unexpected.

Investigate Hayleigh Hippo

Who spells it Hayleigh? Oh yeah, the people that name their kid Khaleesi or Bella. Or god forbid KotZ. What terrible names and people. Just wrong.

On 7/16/2020 at 4:18 PM, Hinckley said:

You successfully investigate Hayleigh Hippo and discover that she is a Defector.

On 7/17/2020 at 4:14 PM, Hinckley said:

Tonight you have a one-shot Paranoid Gun Owner Action. Anyone targeting you for a kill on Night Two will instead be killed by you. This Action is passive and compulsive. You do not need to submit any Action.

On 7/19/2020 at 5:26 PM, Caylin Cow said:

I guess I just wait to see if anyone targets little old me.  If anyone was with me, I'd say "Moooove over" as I shoot the intruder.

Hendrick's late day response worries me, but I always feel that way. Calissa, I think might be DarkDragon.

I don't think I'll kill anyone tonight, since I'm not sure anyone will target me. I don't think I'm on the chopping block tomorrow. I need to go back and look over everything.

On 7/21/2020 at 4:31 PM, Hinckley said:

Tonight you will have a compulsive one-shot Jailkeeper Action. You will target one player and that player will be unable to perform any Action they may have and will also be night-kill immune. If you don't submit a Night Action, a target will be randomly selected for you and you will be informed who your target was in the morning.

On 7/24/2020 at 8:09 AM, Caylin Cow said:

I will Jailkeep Lyev Lion. Let's see what happens in the night if anything happens. If he tries to kill, I'll know it's him. If not, we now he's cleared.

Although I might get killed tonight if it's not him. It might be Hayleigh.

I feel confident in Fergus and Pembroke and Maddock.

On 7/24/2020 at 4:43 PM, Hinckley said:

You successfully Jailkeep Lyev Lion. If he has any Night Action, he was not able to perform it last night. He was also protected from any potential night kill.

17 hours ago, Caylin Cow said:

So now we wait and see see sea. I’m pretty confident we got the last scum. If not, I have no idea. Hayleigh? If it’s Fergus or Maddox I’ll have an aneurysm. Well maybe not that. Mad cow disease?

I'm excited to read the deadboard and see everyone else's thoughts.

Thanks for the great game Hinck, it was glorious. Well done town and bad luck scum. 

10 hours ago, Hinckley said:

More later. Relaxing time now.

I think you've definitely deserved that!

9 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

@Calissa Cat, it really was unfortunate (for you, not us) that we randomly picked you as the target on day 1!  Did you get to pick what you handed out each day?

I wasn't about to start protesting about being framed on day one after what had happened with Hendrick, but I knew the frame would show me up, as Hinck and I had talked about it in Night Zero. Best I could do was to act casual and try to make you believe I was actually being framed or you were being duped (or anything else that I actually argued). You were the one I needed to convince, you were the town leader, and you tunnel-visioned on me, and if I couldn't convince you then it wasn't going to work. At the point you did that, the scum had all but folded and there was little else left to distract from me, coupled with you knowing you had the town numbers to lose me if you were wrong, and I couldn't roleclaim as the open setup made it clear there were no roles to claim. Essentially your extremely good town play and the night action result against me completely scuppered me. I've successfully talked my way out of some very sticky situations before and it just wasn't going to happen here.

I got to choose the setup each day from a choice of three. I made plans assuming I'd have the same choices each day, and then on day two I saw that obviously I didn't (because really, why would I?! :laugh: )  I think when I chose Day Two's setup I even referred to it as the "MurderDeathKill" setup or something. 

Some fun facts: I didn't give you the vig thinking you'd use it on me, but it would have been wonderful if you had (and if you'd not then tried to lynch me). I had in my notes that I gave Priella the missing frame on Day One, not Lyev (I checked and Hinck got it right, the mistake was my end) but I had so much other stuff going on that I had it in my head that Priella was lying when she specifically denied having the frame, so when it came to lynching her I was trying not to let her be lynched because I "knew" she was scum, even though I actually didn't. Weird, huh? Anyway, as a result of that I also hugely suspected Hayleigh for jumping at me about lying because I thought I'd given away that I knew Priella was scum because she had lied. Except she hadn't. Fun times.

8 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I absolutely loved it. I had a ton of fun with it and I am so sad it's over.

10 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Sorry about the dead-on "unsuccessful" give-away. :blush:

There were teething problems, and issues that needed to be addressed, but it was a joyous experience, thank you Hinck. :wub: 

It also saved you one whole game of me not sending in my "don't let me die you bastard" night action every night. :blush: 

Night Actions

Night Zero

Calissa Cat (Pandora), the Trickster is given these three options:

Option 1

• 1 Redirector (swaps targets)
  • 2 Investigators
  • 1 Ghoul (If targeted for a kill, killer kills their target instead)
  • 1 Bodyguard

Option 2

• 1 Jailkeeper
  • 1 Vigilante
  • 1 Weak Hider (will die if they target a scum or the vig)
  • 1 Investigator

Option 3

• 2 Framers [Fergus Fox/Kristel & Lyev Lion(Trekkie99))]
  • 2 Sane Investigators [Caylin Cow(KotZ) & Maddock Monkey(jimmynick)]
  • 1 Insane Investigator [Evren Elephant (Umbra-Manis)]

ALSO: During Night Zero, Evren Elephant (Umbra-Manis) is converted to Town and Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) is converted to Scum by random draw. Since Evren Elephant (Umbra-Manis) didn't show up and I was looking for a replacement, and Evren Elephant (Umbra-Manis) hadn't read his role PM, I was able to make the swap without the Scum team being revealed to Evren Elephant (Umbra-Manis).

Night One

Scum

Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) kills Shanley Sheepdog (Tariq J) –successful
Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) blocks Hayleigh Hippo (Shadows) –successful, no effect
Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) frames Hendrick Horse (Dannylonglegs) –successful

Town

Fergus Fox (Kristel) frames Calissa Cat (Pandora) –unsuccessful
Caylin Cow (KotZ) investigates Hayleigh Hippo (Shadows) –successful, result: Defector
Maddock Monkey (jimmynick) investigates Fergus Fox (Kristel) –successful, result: Defector

Evren Elephant (Umbra-Manis) investigates Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) –successful, result: Defector (insane)

Option 1

• 3 Paranoid Gun Owners [Caylin Cow (KotZ), Evren Elephant (Umbra–Manis), Maddock Monkey (jimmynick)]
  • 1 Compulsive Vig [Fergus Fox (Kristel)]
  • Scum kill is compulsive

Option 2

• Scum get a Godfather
  • 1 Investigator
  • 1 Jailkeeper
  • 1 Tracker
  • 1 Watcher

Option 3

• 1 Redirector (swaps targets)
  • 2 Investigators
  • 1 Ghoul (If targeted for a kill, killer kills their target instead)
  • 1 Bodyguard

Night Two

Scum

Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) kills Keyarra Crocodile (Dragonator) –successful
Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) blocks Pembroke Panda (Darkdragon) –successful, no effect

Town

Fergus Fox (Kristel) kills Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) –successful

Option 1

• Mafia get a Godfather
  • 2 Investigators
  • 2 Millers (no effect if given to Scum)
  • 1 tracker

Option 2

• 1 Amnesic Investigator* [Hayleigh Hippo (Shadows)]
  • 1 Watcher [Evren Elephant (Umbra–Manis)]
  • 1 Jailkeeper [Caylin Cow (KotZ)]

*The Amnesic Investigator picks two targets. The first target is who they are investigating. The second target is who gets the investigation result. The Amnesic Investigator is only told if they are successful or not. They are not given the investigation result. Only their second target sees the investigation result (they will also know the target).

Option 3

• Mafia get a Bus Driver instead of a Blocker
  • 1 Investigator
  • 1 Vigilante
  • 1 Bodyguard

Night Three

Scum

Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) kills Fergus Fox (Kristel) –unsuccesful, blocked by Jailkeeper
Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) blocks Maddock Monkey(jimmynick) –unsuccesful, blocked by Jailkeeper

Town

Hayleigh Hippo (Shadows) investigates Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) and sends the results to Fergus Fox (Kristel) –successful, Fergus Fox (Kristel) learns that Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) is Loyalist.
Evren Elephant (Umbra–Manis) watches Fergus Fox (Kristel) –successful, learns the Fergus Fox (Kristel) is targeted by Hayleigh Hippo (Shadows)
Caylin Cow (KotZ) Jailkeeps Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) –successful

NOTE: There was a plan for Night Action had there been a Night Four, but I'll save that for the next time I run this setup, which will hopefully start soon! I want to try it again and address some of the issues from this game.

I knew the scum would try to frame me! I'm kinda surprised no one investigated me night 1 I was sure that I'd be framed AND investigated. I'm glad I wasn't though because even though I was lynched thereafter, operating under the assumption that I was Scum and therefor so was Wyeth, the Town made the right call! 

Not to toot my own horn but by the end of day 1 I was pretty sure about both Wyeth and Lyon being scum considering it seemed Lyon was trying to link me to Wyeth. Pity my follow-up game was so miserable :laugh: 

Great work flying the ship to shore, guys! Especially you, Foxie-poo!

Oh and have I GUSHED publicly yet about your gorgeous setpiece MoC? Lovely airship Hink. Beautiful. I'm a fan of your work and you never fail to impress! Innovative settup, gorgeous setpiece, and hilarious characters and comics! Do you have a patreon I can support when my ship comes in? :tongue: thanks for hosting Hink!

Thoughts on the game...

Day One

I was really excited about the concept of the Trickster, which was played with full vigor and dedication by Calissa Cat (Pandora). During Night Zero, we discussed how an unsuccessful result would be a dead giveaway that she was an Absorber, which I realized but thought that blocks would give her enough cover. Then I realized the setups I was offering didn't always give her the option of assigning a blocker. So, I gave the Scum a permanent blocker. I really liked how putting an open setup in front of everyone changed the dynamics of conversation in the day thread. There was enough trickery in the first setup that Calissa Cat (Pandora) chose that it needed to be discussed and a strategy had to develop. I think this is one of the things that Lyev Lion ( @Trekkie99 ) missed was that this was an opportunity to be part of the Town plan and discussion. Scum can't lay back in an open game. Everybody is going to be discussing the mechanics and who did what with what Action in the day threads, so not participating is a glaring sign that you're either Scum or lazy Town. And there were no lazy Town in this game.

For certain setups, being open is crucial. If Town was just given three investigators and didn't know one was insane and there were two framers, they wouldn't know to look for any problems. This would greatly benefit the Scum if one of them was cleared but then the Town would never know to look that gift horse in the mouth. This would work as a closed setup if it was permanent. I'm still tossing it back and forth in my head if each day setup needs to be open for this overall setup to work, but in practice I loved it. It still has the capability to be open if the Town chooses to claim what Actions they're getting. Maybe that's what needs to happen and I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this? How do you think it would work if Omrom didn't announce the setup the Trickster was using?

I love all of you but I think Lyev Lion (Trekkie99), Priella Pig ( @Bob ) and Wyeth Walrus ( @Chromeknight ) somewhat fell all over themselves to reveal themselves on Day One. Lyev Lion (Trekkie99), was it a mistake when you revealed how you knew the compulsive Framer would work if you didn't submit a target? Priella Pig (Bob), I know you had some real life issues crop up that made it difficult to play 100%. As a host, I know you're Scum, but even to me the joke vote in the middle of a serious discussion seemed abrupt. Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) I think you did a great job shrugging off Hendrick Horse ( @Dannylonglegs )'s accusation, but it was spot on and she was on to you and wasn't going to let up. I'm sure you've learned the lesson of why it seemed Scummy, so I won't repeat it. Most players weren't suspecting you but unfortunately Fergus Fox ( @Kristel ) was suspicious enough to target you with her compulsive vig on Day Two.

As for the rest of Day One, the lynch of Priella Pig (Bob) gave several Townies the chance to drop themselves into everyone's likely-Town column like Pembroke Panda ( @Darkdragon ) who provided a multi-point analysis of why Priella Pig (Bob) was the best lynch. The least active Townie, Evren Elephant ( @Umbra-Manis )—who was originally drawn as Scum, but was converted back to Town when he didn't confirm—was in the right voting position for nobody to ever suspect him, even though he returned a Town investigation result on Scum Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight).

Shanley Sheepdog ( @Tariq j ) had a lower activity level, so made himself a safe target for the Scum kill on Night One. I could tell from the Scum writeboard that Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) and Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) were concerned about watchers and other common Town roles. They were being safe in case there were other permanent Town roles in the mix, which there weren't. I thought it was clear that the open setup was the only setup, but I wasn't going to step in to correct them or clarify. Also, I can tell now that it isn't completely clear and I think that worked against them. Perhaps I should've been clear that the open setup meant the entire setup was open so they could make some more bold choices on Night kills. I thought revealing their roles to the Town would clue them in that all roles were open, but it did not. One more constructive criticism I have for the Scum team would be that Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) and Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) didn't put a lot of discussion into Night Actions or how to manipulate the setup. They didn't ask if they could use the Framing Action to Tailor one of themselves and didn't work on any strategy for potential activity or a strategy going forward. In a unique setup with open mechanics, it may have benefited you to strategize. I think Hendrick Horse (Dannylonglegs) was a perfect target for a frame, and was shocked that none of the investigators targeted her. Maddock Monkey ( @jimmynick ) mentioned via PM that he decided to look for someone to trust as opposed to trying to find Scum since it was so early in the game, a move which surprised me considering it was a one-shot and not a permanent Action. But, I suppose if it's a one-shot you should use it the best way you think it's applicable at the time you have it to use it. Imagine if Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) would've used the Framing Action to Tailor Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) and Evren Elephant (Umbra–Manis) had returned a Scum result on him. Or imagine if someone had investigated a framed Hendrick Horse (Dannylonglegs) and returned a Scum result while Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) had a Town result. How would that have played out? The Town would've had a lot more trouble deciding how to read the results if that's what had happened.

But, also imagine Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) had taken my advice (which he didn't have at the time, of course) to play the open setup as a Townie and claim Framer and agree to Frame Calissa Cat (Pandora). The game would've been over for her much more quickly if they both reported being unsuccessful at Framing her. I'll fix that in the next go-round. But, also Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) had the option of claiming to frame Calissa Cat (Pandora) and then framing whoever he wanted (although he didn't know there wasn't a Watcher). With Calissa Cat (Pandora) being the agreed-upon target, would Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) known to claim unsuccessful with his Night Action result? And if he had claimed he was successful and Fergus Fox (Kristel) came in later and claimed successful, would that have kept the suspicion off of Calissa Cat (Pandora) for being the Trickster?

And one more thing, how the hell did Maddock Monkey (jimmynick) choose Calissa Cat (Pandora) as the Frame target? If there's one thing that blew my mind in this game it was all the statistics formulas going around. :wacko: I was lost. I had no idea how Maddock Monkey (jimmynick) landed on Calissa Cat (Pandora) as the frame target and I wish I would've seen the potential trouble it would've caused her and adjusted. Hindsight, etc...

Day Two

Three Town results from the investigators, one of which everyone knew was insane. This didn't seem to perturb the Town too much. They were pretty set on lynching Hendrick Horse (Dannylonglegs) anyway. The potential of a Scum investigation (as I proposed above) on Hendrick Horse (Dannylonglegs) might have actually slowed this bandwagon down. It was Town's one mislynch. I've talked about this with Hendrick Horse (Dannylonglegs) on the dead writeboard and I think she played a great game. Coming out very aggressively on Day One may have gotten her lynched but it also helped the Town in their eventual victory. I think the only thing that caused the mistrust was formulating the plan to Frame the same target and then volunteer for being that target. Town was right to suspect she might be trying to avoid being investigated. It was hard to walk that back once it happened, unfortunately. I know Hendrick Horse (Dannylonglegs) hasn't played for a while and I love that she came in, ready to play an aggressive game and I can tell she was enjoying herself. I really respect that she was willing to be lynched to remove the confusion and suspicion and that really helped the Town focus later, I think.

As for the roles Callisa Cat (Pandora) chose for Day Two, I think not alerting the Scum to 3 PGOs would be as detrimental to Scum as not revealing the framers and insane investigator to Town would be and leaving it closed has the potential to make the balance really swingy. The Scum and the compulsive vig, Fergus Fox (Kristel), had to be careful about their choices since there were PGOs out there and alerting everyone to the setup was fun, in my opinion. Everyone knew it had the potential for the wrong people to be killed, on both sides. I was hoping that Calissa Cat (Pandora) would choose to set it up to preserve my Scum team since they had such bad luck on Day One. But, that's not her job to re-balance things. It was her job to meet her win condition, which was to kill everyone. :blush: Calissa Cat (Pandora) is one of the people that posts their thoughts to me in PM, but on this Day it became clear she didn't realize Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) was Scum and was leaning towards Hayleigh Hippo (Shadows). So, it turned out to be a minefield for Scum, even though they were able to avoid any PGOs and went for the target of Keyarra Crocodile ( @Dragonator ). Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) thought he might be part of a Town block since he reported all the Night Action results, but that wasn't from behind-the-scenes chatter. Night Action results are given right before the Day starts, so he wasn't sharing knowledge from PMs, he was repeating the information that others had already posted.

Side note here: I realized that a lot of players try to fire off PMs with their Night Action results in the few minutes between me sending out Night result PMs and the Day starting. So, I started sending Night Action results after the Day was posted. Once you get your Night Action results, the Night is over and you shouldn't be PMing any more. I thought that was obvious, but now that I know people are doing it anyway, I'll wait a good hour before posting Night Action results if I need to.

Night Two also brings more trouble for the already beleaguered Scum team when Fergus Fox (Kristel) proves that she's playing one of the most aggressive games I've seen from her and barrels forward with killing Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) without thinking about PGOs, seemingly, at all. She actually decides this in real time in a PM where she's pondering over which target to hit —Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) or Hayleigh Hippo (Shadows)— then with a bold "Fuck it" she takes the advice she always gives to me in these games "stop second guessing yourself" and pulls the trigger (Goblin horde) on Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) and while I totally respect the strong game, the insight and the bold action, I'm also like "Fuuuuuuuck. Only one Scum left." This was an especially bold move on Fergus Fox (Kristel)'s part since Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) has a Town investigation result on him.

Day Three

Fergus Fox (Kristel) emerges as an undeniable Town leader having killed Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) and having been investigated as Town. Not only has she removed a Loyalist, she has proven that the investigation result on him was false. After a bit of suspicion from people that she might be Scum taking advantage of a Scum death to pretend to be the compulsive Vig but that suspicion doesn't last. I had some hope for the game to continue and the Town to question more thing because really, maybe Keyarra Crocodile (Dragonator) was the vig and targeted a PGO! But I confirmed to Maddock Monkey (jimmynick) that he would know if his PGO had been triggered. I obviously didn't think enough about this and inadvertently help the Town a ton since all the PGOs claim and say they didn't get notification they'd been triggered. Ooops. I need to sit on questions like this longer. Damn it. I'm trying not to interfere or meddle, but hastily answering questions gets me into trouble twice in this game. (I'll discuss Calissa Cat (Pandora) getting a one-shot PGO later. By the way, Lyev Lion (Trekkie99), this is how you get the one-shot PGO on Day Four. It was willed to you by Calissa Cat (Pandora).)

Hayleigh Hippo ( @Shadows )—who was everybody's fourth choice for Scum, because he always plays himself in the middle—was absolutely correct that one incorrect investigation was the likely result from Night One's Action. But I had some hope that Evren Elephant (Umbra–Manis) might get some scrutiny for returning the wrong result. But, as I mentioned before, his voting position on Day One has cleared him in most people's eyes. Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) makes a valiant effort to suspect him and it's from the perspective of someone who voted for Scum Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) on Day One. Had Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) switched to Priella Pig (Bob) on Day One, this might have held more weight. Also, if Lyev Lion (Trekkie99) had gotten involved more instead of trying to lay low, he might've also stood a better chance. With the open setup, laying low was detrimental to his game, I think. Also, the vote for Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) is viewed as more of a nail in Lyev Lion (Trekkie99)'s coffin as people correctly account a bussing vote to it.

Priella Pig (Bob) had a lasting effect on the game since his defense mentioned three people, only one of which was Scum. With Wyeth Walrus (Chromeknight) and Shanley Sheepdog (Tariq J) already dead, Fergus Fox (Kristel) surmises that Priella Pig (Bob) wouldn't have risked suspecting more than one Scum team member and this actually pulls her focus off of Hayleigh Hippo (Shadows). With the Town following her and she really wanting the cat dead, everyone is voting for Calissa Cat (Pandora) to get rid of the Trickster. I feel terrible that this one unsuccessful result gave her away and I know that's my fault but I didn't get it until I saw it in practice. Even with a Scum block, blocking that particular Frame made no sense. I think Calissa Cat (Pandora) had a solid defense that she was being fucked with and being framed as the Trickster, but I don't think anybody gave this Scum team that credit (Sorry :blush: ) and Fergus Fox (Kristel) is able to keep everybody on track for a Calissa Cat (Pandora) lynch. Hayleigh Hippo (Shadows) is still getting suspicion thrown at him, but after a 12 hour break, some sort of clarity sets in for everyone and in the last six hours of the Day, it becomes clear that everyone suspects Lyev Lion (Trekkie 99) and the game is pretty much over from there.

I'll actually do Day Four and explain my little PGO fuck-up later. We're going to a socially responsible pool party now.

Again, thanks to everyone for putting your time and energy into this game. Thank you for the feedback. I would love to hear more on how to improve the setup. I'd like to run this setup again and will probably start a sign-up thread next week and just jump right into it. I would like a few days to really think of how to tweak it so the Town doesn't steamroll the other factions again. I think that's only partly mechanics in this game, but I think they definitely need an update.

9 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Yeah probably.  Sorry Wyeth and Priella! :cry_sad:

Don't be sorry! I let us down a bit. I misread the room figuring I needed to put a vote in because I had a million other things on my mind and, as scum, I didn't want to get a penalty vote or something for not voting. Then when people accused me of voting ridiculously I was a bit baffled and pointed out that pretty much everyone elses' vote meant nothing. I logged back into my account to do a final attempt at a defense but the moment I did the day was over. I think that next time 

55 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Again, thanks to everyone for putting your time and energy into this game. Thank you for the feedback. I would love to hear more on how to improve the setup. I'd like to run this setup again and will probably start a sign-up thread next week and just jump right into it. I would like a few days to really think of how to tweak it so the Town doesn't steamroll the other factions again. I think that's only partly mechanics in this game, but I think they definitely need an update.

I'd definitely say tweak it and add some new things in. Everyone expected Pirates III to be a redo of Pirates II with the same roles. The addition of a neutral, a vanilla, an x-shot vig, etc. really threw the rest of the players for a loop. The best part about being a host is when you mess with your players by adding new and bizzare things. 

Good game everyone! And thanks for hosting Hinckley. I really liked the idea of the twickstew, even though I wasn’t hugely affected by it. I like high concept mechanics. Things that are thrown into a game and see how they go sort of thing. 

Thanks for running a good one Hinckley, and sorry I threw an early wrench in by forgetting to check my account! Town definitely had some serious luck this time, as well as the balls of steel on Fergus! Not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping we'd see a whole bunch of guns go off with the Paranoid Gun Owners, just because that would have led to a crazy day.

Trickster was a great addition, and I loved not having to worry about hiding roles since no one could hold onto a role for more than one night. I'm curious to know what the win condition was for the trickster though

10 hours ago, Pandora said:

Some fun facts: I didn't give you the vig thinking you'd use it on me, but it would have been wonderful if you had (and if you'd not then tried to lynch me).

No, no, no!  You've gone and robbed me of thinking I'd out-smarted you!  

Was there a reason you did give it to me?

9 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Can’t wait to read the deadboard. Thank you @Hinckley for hosting and to @Kristel for absolutely killing it.

Thanks, James.  I mentioned a couple of times about it being dumb luck that we picked Calissa.  I just want to clarify that wasn't directly at you or the modulo.  

Also, you nearly derailed me completely when you threw in the Hayleigh spanner!  I'd figured out by then who you were by then and trusted you were town, but I started second guessing everything at that point. 

7 hours ago, Dannylonglegs said:

Great work flying the ship to shore, guys! Especially you, Foxie-poo!

Thanks, horsie-poo!  I also questioned whether we had done the right thing by lynching you, but it was too late by the time that happened.  Pembroke (Shadows) pointed to you being adamant about being the frame target, but when I went back through the posts, you had pretty much added "but it doesn't have to me" each time it came up.

2 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Town definitely had some serious luck this time, as well as the balls of steel on Fergus! 

Yeah, not sure where they came from.  Hopefully they'll still be around for the next game.