Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Which "bird species" could be introduced to the Pirate Theme

Select your species  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which "bird species" could be introduced to the Pirate Theme?

• Sea Gull
    • Toucan
    • Pelican
    • Flamingo
    • Chicken

I would have voted for a chicken, but that just doesn't make sense for pirates. Instead, I voted for a pelican.

Edited by LegoJoe

I had voted for Seagull :pir-blush:

I will love to vote for chicken too, because it can be used for town and castle. But, since this is asked to poll for the Pirate theme, I will think Seagull will be much appropriate. :pir-grin:

Toucans would be really lovely! :pir-cry_happy:

My vote's for them!

Edited by BlueBard

Toucan. But for some apperant reason whenever I hear the word, I think "Fabuland". Was there ever some character like "Tommy the Toucan" in Fabuland?

Choosing between the seagull and the chicken proved somewhat difficult for me, but I ended up voting for the underdog - or perhaps "underbird", in this case. However none of these birds constitute an actual species, but instead several taxonomic families with the exception of the chicken which is more specifically a member of the genus Gallus. Gulls compose the family Laridae, toucans; Ramphastidae, pelicans; Pelecanidae, and flamingos; Phoenicopteridae. :pir-classic:

None of these birds constitute an actual species, but instead several taxonomic families with the exception of the chicken which is more specifically a member of the genus Gallus.

Observe the inverted commas around "bird species" - they're to compensate for the fact a title like"Which taxonomic families of bird with the exception of chicken (which is more specifically a member of the genus Gallus) could be introduced to the Pirate Theme" is too lengthy for an effective thread title and poll topic.

The Chicken must be done, then we can have eggs and bacon, for breaky!

Yes I am still alive and have been reading the posts every now and then... Uni work has taken over for a while, fear not though i will be back soon enough with a couple of surprises ;)

I voted for toucans.. like Playmobil. They have some (though I'm not sure it's for the piratetheme). But I'd like some exotic birds.

I almost regret adding chickens to this poll because I don't care if the bird has versatility in other themes!!!

Although I as likely as not wouldn't buy new Pirate sets (not because I'm not interested in them or not because I don't like them - but because I haven't got enough place and not enough money) I'd really like to see some

toucans :pir-wub:

would be great since they are so wonderful birds with great colors!

Klaus-Dieter

I voted Toucan because Toucans have fascinating beaks. I once watched an Animal Planet documentary on the Toucan. Half of it was about the beak, so I got to see a lot of that colorful thing. But if I could really choose one, I'd choose the Albatross because they are so graceful for such large birds. And maybe because Albert Albatross from Fabuland really ain't cuttin it when I need a realistic one. :pir-hmpf_bad:

A toucan shouldn't be too difficult for TLG. Just resize the normal bird. I think I already find it strange b.t.w. that the new birds are two-colored or would that be a preelim. feature? It just looks like the bird has fallen into a bucket of paint :)

Sea Gull: really good to have and can even be used in pretty much any setting. I would prefer this as new bird!

Toucan: hmm... would be nice for jungle areas, but since it's a Pirate theme and not a settlers theme i think it's kinda useless to have.

Pelican: Well, would be nice but can only be used in specific settings. Wouldn't be a propper choise above the others

Flamingo: Well is nice in a few sets perhaps but wouldn't be my choise

Chicken: Well would be excellent! Only thing it that they should add this in the new farm sets that they make for the City theme

Sea Gull: really good to have and can even be used in pretty much any setting. I would prefer this as new bird!

Toucan: hmm... would be nice for jungle areas, but since it's a Pirate theme and not a settlers theme i think it's kinda useless to have.

Pelican: Well, would be nice but can only be used in specific settings. Wouldn't be a propper choise above the others

Flamingo: Well is nice in a few sets perhaps but wouldn't be my choise

Chicken: Well would be excellent! Only thing it that they should add this in the new farm sets that they make for the City theme

We want chicks ! and we want em now! both human as animal chicks are very welcome !

Lego Chickens should have been made from the beginning.

Sea gull is my first choice too, they are common in pirate stories.

CONCLUSION:

Sea Gulls for all off us. :imperialguard_commander1::pir-cry_happy::pir-hmpf_bad::pir-sceptic::pir-classic::pir_bawling::pir-cry_sad::pir_laugh2::pir-tongue::pir_kiss::pir_yoda:

Chicks for the straight pirates :pir_kiss::pir-blush:

And some pink Flamingos for the gay pirates :pir-wub::pir-wub:

:pir-laugh: (dont worry....no one if being targeted here... :pir-wink: Me be friendly to all the sons and daugters of the human kind)

Edited by zorro3999

I vote flamingo personally. I think that would be amazing to see in LEGO...in fact. :pir-grin:

Part of the minority.

Edited by NewRight

I vote flamingo personally. I think that would be amazing to see in LEGO...in fact. :pir-grin:

Part of the minority.

I just dont see why you choose for the flamingo o_0 Can you explain your choice please?

I just dont see why you choose for the flamingo o_0 Can you explain your choice please?

It's kick megablocks, that's why! Flamingos own seagulls in every way shape and form. Similar to how Britain owned 1/4th of the World's Landmass. :pir-classic:

Who doesn't like flamingos is what should be asked here. That would be amazing to see a LEGO flamingo. :pir-classic:

The Actual Explanation:

I don't know the flamingo just seemed like the bird that appealed to me. :pir-tongue:

Edited by NewRight