Multiple platforms. Mainly Instagram, LEGO.com, and Facebook. That's where they do most of the reveals. I'm sure a lot of the embargos will lift and you will see reviews around. As far as time, I'm not sure. The one from yesterday was at 10:00 AM EST.

I'm sure there will be stickers. Maybe not on the exterior but I'm sure there will be some interior decal work required 

That leaked pic looks good, the colour makes me wonder if someone will do a Huracan B-model, the Huracan looks the business in "verde mantis"

Im quite curious about what features etc.. they packed in there

I think tomorrow we will see what's inside this lime box! :grin: Maybe not only new parts for ascethics but also for transmission.. or other useful parts.

Edited by Ctan

17 minutes ago, SheldonF said:

Multiple platforms. Mainly Instagram, LEGO.com, and Facebook. That's where they do most of the reveals. I'm sure a lot of the embargos will lift and you will see reviews around. As far as time, I'm not sure. The one from yesterday was at 10:00 AM EST.

Thank you !

I agree that if I would search for it, it probably come up right away.  

5 minutes ago, Ctan said:

I think tomorrow we will see what's inside this lime box! :grin: Maybe not only new parts for ascethics but also for transmission.. or other useful parts.

So far, I like the lime box !  And thankful for my age right now; I do have enough “dough” at this age, in my life, to keep buying these sets for now. 
So I’m excited for this one; but still will read some reviews first. 
it might just go the Porsche way; you call them at 00:00, and all the sets are pulled of the shelf after half an hour;... I think that had to do with the packaging of the manuals I think ?...

11 minutes ago, Ctan said:

I don't think we saw the inside of the Bugatti during its reveal. Hope we do see something though.

1 minute ago, allanp said:

I don't think we saw the inside of the Bugatti during its reveal. Hope we do see something though.

Idea with Bugatti reveal was to bring it all out on the day of reveal and then some store just built in the open before Sariel could even touch it on the livestream...

11 minutes ago, Ctan said:

Each big car so far (Porsche, Bugatti) had unique features (and unique flaws) so I'm so curious what the Sian will bring to the table in terms of innovation, new parts and unique parts. In part count alone, it seems like it's the biggest of all of them, and while proportions are still 1:8, that, to me, hints at more gearboxy (that a word?) or internal things. 

All things considered, I think it's the potential price that scares me most :look:

I just noticed on that image with the doors up how ugly that part holding up one of the headlight bars looks. You can see white on the other side aswell:pir-cry_sad:

23 minutes ago, moebiusfactor said:

Each big car so far (Porsche, Bugatti) had unique features (and unique flaws) so I'm so curious what the Sian will bring to the table in terms of innovation, new parts and unique parts. In part count alone, it seems like it's the biggest of all of them, and while proportions are still 1:8, that, to me, hints at more gearboxy (that a word?) or internal things. 

All things considered, I think it's the potential price that scares me most :look:

I looked up the difference in part count between the Bugatti and this coming Lambo; it’s less than 100 pieces, and probably most of them are connectors I’m guessing. 
So I think it’s fair to say that they are the same size; in size and also in parts count. The opening doors might need some extra pins to be solid ?...

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

I have, and it's worse than you thought.

The front of MK’s Sian isn’t as well done, namely because the splitter is a bit too low, but the back is pretty much perfect.

4 hours ago, Jonfensu said:

I do not like that gap between the flex axle and front lights :hmpf_bad:

That’s in the real car, albeit slightly smaller. It should be an easy fix

13 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

A metallic green is a missed chance in that case.

Yep, definitely a wasted opportunity as it would have elevated the model much more than a few GITD bits - just looking at those pearlescent panels from the old 4x4 and a bit of drool formed at the corners of my mouth.

As it stands, it's undeniably a Lambo but nothing special which for the price, is a disappointment. Agree completely with those who've pointed out the identity crisis between Technic and Creator Expert aesthetics with these models. 

4 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

The front of MK’s Sian isn’t as well done, namely because the splitter is a bit too low, but the back is pretty much perfect.

Even MK has leaks, in their case a video. It's completely RC by the way, so manual version would be next to useless. The functions don't seem to work too well. The doors don't open smoothly, the spoiler gets stuck on the bodywork. It's only a short 240p video so can't really make out if it won't fall apart on its own...

Nobody has seen the back of this car yet, and I guess now we can wait a little more until tomorrow; but I really hope that that looks similar to the real one at least. 
They did good with the Bugatti rear end, I thought, so I hope they don’t spoil this one. 
I’m scared it might ruin my “ want to add to the collection” feeling, if it doesn’t look great or on point...

16 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Yep, definitely a wasted opportunity as it would have elevated the model much more than a few GITD bits - just looking at those pearlescent panels from the old 4x4 and a bit of drool formed at the corners of my mouth.

As it stands, it's undeniably a Lambo but nothing special which for the price, is a disappointment. Agree completely with those who've pointed out the identity crisis between Technic and Creator Expert aesthetics with these models. 

I wonder how many “Off Roaders” I would have to Bricklink to swap all the panels to metallic green ?...  :roflmao:

Edited by Wimmer
Spelling

23 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

I wonder how many “Off Roaders” I would have to Bricklink to swap all the panels to metallic green ?...  :roflmao:

Not sure if that's even a well-formed question. :laugh_hard: The style of panels back then was so different from now... Do you really want to build a Lambo from those panels with those huge holes? :tongue:

12 hours ago, BrickJohn said:

Am I the only one in here that thinks it looks very good? If you want a perfect 1:1 model you shouldn't buy LEGO, but a diecast model. 

Wouldn't the best source of a 1:1 model be an actual Sian? :wink: I'm with you though, I think it looks great, and certainly as good as can be reasonably expected from Technic. I just hope there's more to it than just good looks.

6 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Either way, i try to take a more relaxed stance these days, TLC does what they do for their own reasons, and they probably have a better view on their market then we do, and if that takes technic into a direction where i dont like it anymore, then either ill veer off into MOCs, or just focus on another hobby. (and without trying to patronize anyone, i think a lot of people could benefit from mellowing out a bit, in the end lego is a hobby, and especially lego isnt limited by what TLC decides to put into a box, so find your own joy, and try not to worry too much about it, stress isnt good for the humand body/mind, and some ABS bricks arent worth getting worked up over)

Well put. There are a lot of half empty glasses in this place in need of a top-up. Cheers! :pir-huzzah2:

3 hours ago, allanp said:

I suppose they could but pretty much every single set that has included RC has been robbed of any and all sense of mechanical authenticity just to include RC. 

Couldn't agree more. RC seems to be regarded by many to be the pinnacle of all things Lego, but the inclusion of RC often sacrifices some really interesting functions for what often amounts to a somewhat underwhelming RC performance. It has it's place, but that place surely isn't here.

6 hours ago, SamuelYsc said:

hope I am not too late

c591350828381f30235b15c4be014c086f06f058.jpg

Looks awesome! 

3 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

I'm sure there will be stickers. Maybe not on the exterior but I'm sure there will be some interior decal work required 

I think you're right. I'm guessing the dashboard will have a sticker. There is also the Lamborghini logo on the front of the hood and there are also stickers on the two headrests. (You can't see that on the picture above, but you can on the image of the box in the first post).

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

To me that's a bit like saying that the colour grey has an identity crisis, because it's neither white nor black. How is the Bugatti Chiron any less of a Technic set than the 8448 Super Street Sensation? (I'm comparing those two, because they are the only two Technic cars I own.)

I think of the Technic sets more as a range with various degrees of complexity from one set to the next. I don't think it's fair to compare a car to a truck with a pneumatic crane arm. If I bought a Technic heavy equipment set, I would buy it for its functions. If I bought a Technic car, I would buy it more for its looks and I wouldn't expect the same complexity. For example, to me the 8880 Super Car looks absolutely hideous and I never considered getting it, even though I've seen many people say it's their favourite of the three early Technic "super cars" because of its complexity. And remote control on a car is boring. I already know how to operate a car or a forklift. Having said that, I do hope one day Lego will make a remote controlled backhoe or something like that so that I could try operating something I probably wouldn't get to operate otherwise (even if it's on a smaller scale). I considered buying the Liebherr R 9800, but it's too much of a niche machine for my taste. I would probably buy something more generic like a regular backhoe or an excavator if it had similar RC functions.

Edited by boat2903
Me no type goodly.

2 minutes ago, boat2903 said:

I do hope one day Lego will make a remote controlled backhoe or something like that so that I could try operating something I probably wouldn't get to operate otherwise (even if it's on a smaller scale). I considered buying the Liebherr R 9800, but it's too much of a niche machine for my taste. I would probably buy something more generic like a regular backhoe or an excavator if it had similar RC functions.

If you want a fun RC construction vehicle set, I say 8043 still stands out, particularly its B model; that little bulldozer could do just about anything, it was so much fun and nimble. I wanted the Liebherr badly for a while, but after playing around with my friend's, I wasn't too impressed; it was super slow and couldn't dig anything. It was more a model rather than a practical toy, IMO.

32 minutes ago, CrankyCraig said:

Couldn't agree more. RC seems to be regarded by many to be the pinnacle of all things Lego, but the inclusion of RC often sacrifices some really interesting functions for what often amounts to a somewhat underwhelming RC performance. It has it's place, but that place surely isn't here.

Personally, I love RC, because seeing something I built move under its own power is really exciting; I'm not a huge fan of static Technic models, hence why I own so few Technic sets that don't have PF. That being said, some sets, as you mention, don't need RC; they are a wonder of engineering in their own right (8880 is a perfect example) and RC'ing them would otherwise ruin their features. 

Depending on what the Sian offers in terms of features, I will likely be leaving it un-powered. 

11 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Interesting, the seats are DBG. Still no pics of the back, damn

There is a lot to take in here. For one, this is the most detailed engine on an ultimate Technic car yet. also we can see parts of the wing, which unfortunately it looks like it wont go up. also the interior is grey which is odd

Are the red parts suspension related ?  It looks like there are two red springs on each wheel.

Is red a stronger version of the yellow ones ?

And at least we have more disc brakes in the wheels again, like the Bugatti.  You can see it good in these pictures. 

Edited by Wimmer