MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Just ordered my Bespin Duel from Target since Lego was out when I looked. Excited the set didn't sell out everywhere in the first few hours!

I don't typically buy stuff on day 1 anyway, but I am curious. Obv this Bespin set is something of an outlier, starting life as a convention exclusive, but do we get situations often where desirable sets are practically impossible to lay hands on? Or is the 501st really an unprecedented example? (Having said that I think the ucs Falcon took TLG by surprise on that score too?)

Got a call from my local dealer yesterday. The 2 Mando BPs i ordered weeks before first release finally arrived. It's the first batch they receive at all. That's how small businesses have to struggle. At least they got a part of the August wave last week.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

So I bought 3 Sith Art sets, absolutely love them, I've one of each model for now.

When I did Darth Maul I ran out of Black studs. I've triple checked that I didn't make a mistake (though still quite possible given the nature of the build) Factoring in the 1 extra I should have, that means I'm missing 9 black studs. I just took the extra from one of the other sets, but has anyone else who has the set built Maul? Did you encounter this issue?

I've been buying Lego sets for thirty years and I've only ever been short 1 piece (Half the ball turret in my AT-DP) and 1 sticker sheet (Rise of Voldemort).

1 minute ago, Archer said:

I've been buying Lego sets for thirty years and I've only ever been short 1 piece (Half the ball turret in my AT-DP) and 1 sticker sheet (Rise of Voldemort).

Weird because they usually overdo spares for tiny parts like that. I've never had a piece flat out missing. The closest I came was a 1x4 left handed wedge plate rather than right handed, I don't even remembrr what the set was.

43 minutes ago, FeepoGerbin said:

Are they in stores at Target or just online?

On their app it says “not available in stores” so I guess it’s online only 

50 minutes ago, FeepoGerbin said:

Are they in stores at Target or just online?

I bought online, if I see it in stores I'll mention it.

28 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I don't typically buy stuff on day 1 anyway, but I am curious. Obv this Bespin set is something of an outlier, starting life as a convention exclusive, but do we get situations often where desirable sets are practically impossible to lay hands on? Or is the 501st really an unprecedented example? (Having said that I think the ucs Falcon took TLG by surprise on that score too?)

It took me months to get a Mando Battle Pack. But all that required was patience waiting for the supply to catch up with demand. This set is unique in that it was a convention exclusive which means they have a far more limited amount of supply. Similar to the Darth Vader bust.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

This game looks phenomenal!

I concur. Looks amazing! I wonder if the Luke with blue milk mention on IG leaks could be part of a deluxe edition (and hinted at in the trailer with Luke drinking blue milk)

Finally, after all these months, my hype has come back again. This looks absolutely fantastic. 

I was hoping for gameplay and not a "gameplay trailer", but this also works greatly. 

6 minutes ago, azzer86 said:

I concur. Looks amazing! I wonder if the Luke with blue milk mention on IG leaks could be part of a deluxe edition (and hinted at in the trailer with Luke drinking blue milk)

That's actually a really smart idea, it definitely could be a polybag for this game. I just hope we get an exclusive variant or character as an exclusive for this game.

Looks really neat, it seems like we got a lot of gameplay in there which is good to see. I would assume blue milk Luke would be the preorder minifgure tie-in.

I do wonder if that Vader snip from Rogue One means we'll get extra content for anthology movies.

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

This game looks phenomenal!

Thanks for sharing over here!
Yeah the trailer looks nice, lots of great stuff.
I hope the character customizer is the same as it was in LEGO DC: Super Villains.
So many options there to even change the color of a beard on a face (say, in LSW: TSS you would be able to turn Obi-Wan's beard black.). I'd love that feature to return!

Meanwhile, the game has been delayed till spring. I thought it was just january or something. 
Oh, well. I'll have other games and stuff to keep me occupied in the meantime :purrr:

Regards,
Mitch

6 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Thanks for sharing over here!
Yeah the trailer looks nice, lots of great stuff.
I hope the character customizer is the same as it was in LEGO DC: Super Villains.
So many options there to even change the color of a beard on a face (say, in LSW: TSS you would be able to turn Obi-Wan's beard black.). I'd love that feature to return!

Meanwhile, the game has been delayed till spring. I thought it was just january or something. 
Oh, well. I'll have other games and stuff to keep me occupied in the meantime :purrr:

Regards,
Mitch

I really hope so, that was the best character creator a Lego game has ever had imo. I also thought the one in TFA was pretty disappointing (no pieces from protocol droids or short minifigs, certain slots always set to be minifigs or astromechs, abilities tied solely to weapons) so a character creator even a fraction as good as DC Super Villains' would be fantastic.

22 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I do wonder if that Vader snip from Rogue One means we'll get extra content for anthology movies.

I hope so. I mean it was announced in 2019. With all the delay it's having they might have decided to put more content in. Of course they could just have slapped it on the beginning of a new hope. It's a cool opening level and it would be a pretty sweet transition from 3 to 4. We'll see I guess.

Also the blue milk Luke is very interesting now we've had this leak. Would be a fun little polybag for the game. (Rebel friend would've been the best though xD)

As much as I would love Rogue One to be part of this game, I think that and Solo will most likely be DLC

I guess it's just been confirmed that Rogue One, Solo, Mandalorian and Bad Batch are dlc character packs, included within the deluxe edition. + there the pre order blue milk luke figure. Wonder what the two unconfirmed dlc character packs are. Hopefully Clone Wars and Rebels. Still, kinda hoped for dlc levels.

Also, what about the pc version? Didn't see it between the consoles

Yes, yes, yes. 

I am sure that was Gandalf's voice from lego Dimensions dubbing over Qui Gon. Why I wonder?

2 hours ago, Redroe said:

I see alot of 501st at all retailer I pass, Falcon was of course different since it was not available to reseller but which regions do people claim it's impossible to get their hands on 501st? And im not sure if NA counts (yet) since it wasn't released there start of this month

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

I see alot of 501st at all retailer I pass, Falcon was of course different since it was not available to reseller but which regions do people claim it's impossible to get their hands on 501st? And im not sure if NA counts (yet) since it wasn't released there start of this month

Nearly impossible in america, from other posts on this forum it's supposed to be pretty tough in most of europe too.

Picked up one bespin duel from target since they sold out on the lego website. I'm going to try and get another copy.

I love that blue milk Luke, such a cool idea for an exclusive minfigure :laugh_hard:

I hope Deluxe Edition with this Luke will be available in my country tho.

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Also, what about the pc version? Didn't see it between the consoles

I suspect like most pc games, it'll be digital only. I think it's on Steam's store page but no pric e/date.

I'm a pc and Nintendo gamer, so if the deluxe edition comes to Nintendo I'll get that. If not, I'll wait for the inevitable steam sale (since my gaming backlog is far bigger than my Lego backlog, I'm in no rush)

Is it just me or Luke's voice sounds a bit off in the trailer?  I understand if they couldn't use excerpts from the movies, but it seems to me the voice actor has a completely different tone from Hamill.

2 minutes ago, Per_SW said:

Is it just me or Luke's voice sounds a bit off in the trailer?  I understand if they couldn't use excerpts from the movies, but it seems to me the voice actor has a completely different tone from Hamill.

Luke's voice actor was quite good, Rey's was pretty meh. Sounds like for most of the expensive or older actors they're just getting new voice actors.

Wait those aren't just the same voice clips from the movies? I should probably watch the trailer again, guess I was too hyped to notice. Thought they were doing the same thing lotr did. The new voices didn't bother me then at least, I guess xD.

4 hours ago, Redroe said:

Yes, yes, yes. 

I am sure that was Gandalf's voice from lego Dimensions dubbing over Qui Gon. Why I wonder?

Gandalf was voiced by Tom Kane in Lego Dimensions, and from the trailer we know he's voicing Yoda in this game. He could be doing Qui-Gon too, but I rewatched the trailer and it doesn't sound like his Gandalf voice to me at all.