MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Renegade Clone said:

The Lambda-class from 2010 is roughly 59 studs long, making it 3.0 studs/meter - which is in perfect scale with both UCS Falcons. 

Perfect thanks :classic:

Oh, come now. Better pictures incoming, and Ahsoka has the possessed blue eyes from the Rebels version. They're not as bad as the CW demon eyes, but they stick out like a sore thumb. I don't know why they love their wacky eye colours on female minifigs. Off I go to firestar toys to get some custom heads I guess.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

According to brickfanatics, the second D2C may be a remake of the UCS Imperial Shuttle: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-ultimate-collector-series-imperial-shuttle-rumoured-for-september/

Sounds great, it's got crazy aftermarket prices and the Lambda's a great design.

8 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Oh, come now. Better pictures incoming, and Ahsoka has the possessed blue eyes from the Rebels version. They're not as bad as the CW demon eyes, but they stick out like a sore thumb. I don't know why they love their wacky eye colours on female minifigs. Off I go to firestar toys to get some custom heads I guess.

Ugh, better than the CW eyes I guess. 

It's looking like the new rumored set is $40, a bespin duel, and/or a celebration exclusive. If it was a celebration exclusive, I wonder how they'll release it, since the celebration will probably be online this year.

24 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I don't know why they love their wacky eye colours on female minifigs.

They do that for most aliens, regardless of gender :wink: It is a bit inconsistent though, since some aliens still have regular eyes (e.g. Ki-Adi Mundi). 

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

They do that for most aliens, regardless of gender :wink: It is a bit inconsistent though, since some aliens still have regular eyes (e.g. Ki-Adi Mundi). 

The whole thing makes no sense, there doesn't seem to be any sort of consistency. Using female Twi'leks as an example, Aayla Secura and Oola have regular eyes but Hera Syndulla doesn't. It doesn't really bother me that much but I don't see the point of doing it.

I'm really hoping that the rumor of a Lambda is true. I tried getting parts together for 10212 earlier this year, but even so Bricklinking it would still have been crazy expensive. I don't care too much about figures, just not the Rebels from Tydirium.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So Anaheim Celebration has just been cancelled... I wonder what happens with this exclusive gift?

The press release says that all the merch will be available online in 'the not so distant future', which I assume would include the LEGO exclusive. If that goes on 'normal' sale in its limited numbers it's going to be utter carnage.

I'm wondering what they could improve on if the shuttle rumour is true, the 2010 model looked pretty perfect. Maybe the cockpit?

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

19 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

The press release says that all the merch will be available online in 'the not so distant future', which I assume would include the LEGO exclusive. If that goes on 'normal' sale in its limited numbers it's going to be utter carnage.

At least there is a fighting chance for the exclusive for those who wouldn't have made the trip anyway

37 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

I'm really hoping that the rumor of a Lambda is true. I tried getting parts together for 10212 earlier this year, but even so Bricklinking it would still have been crazy expensive. I don't care too much about figures, just not the Rebels from Tydirium.

I hope so as well! The only remakes I am waiting on are the Lambda and a B-wing as I missed out on them.  As for remakes in general, if the Lambda is true, not too surprising. The only two older UCS without a remake after the Lambda is the AT-ST, and Vader's Tie, Which now that I think about, I would need as well! :classic:

So I guess the additional set is something Bespin duel related that appears to be $40, while the fall D2C is another UCS Imperial Shuttle?  

I'm definitely interested in the Bespin set, but it sounds like it may be difficult to get if it was supposed to be a convention exclusive...But at the same time, would leakers be giving it this much attention if it'll get a really limited release?

I really hope the Bespin set gets a wide release. It's arguably the most iconic scene in the whole saga and it would be a shame if it stayed "locked" in the Cloud City set...

44 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

So I guess the additional set is something Bespin duel related that appears to be $40, while the fall D2C is another UCS Imperial Shuttle?  

I'm definitely interested in the Bespin set, but it sounds like it may be difficult to get if it was supposed to be a convention exclusive...But at the same time, would leakers be giving it this much attention if it'll get a really limited release?

Is it verified, this rumour I hear of Bespin Luke popping up in an advent calendar? That would seem to tell against an exclusive Bespin set? It would also deeply annoy me having sunk a lot of cash to get an aftermarket Luke. But them, as they say, is the breaks.

4 minutes ago, Redroe said:

Is it verified, this rumour I hear of Bespin Luke popping up in an advent calendar? That would seem to tell against an exclusive Bespin set? It would also deeply annoy me having sunk a lot of cash to get an aftermarket Luke. But them, as they say, is the breaks.

The Advent includes ANH Luke.

14 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The Advent includes ANH Luke.

I am vindicated. Interested to see the exclusive. There was an Ideas set based on the duel scene the year before they announced the genuine Cloud City I seem to recall. Probably quite similar.

3 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I am vindicated. Interested to see the exclusive. There was an Ideas set based on the duel scene the year before they announced the genuine Cloud City I seem to recall. Probably quite similar.

If it's $40, my guess is a larger version of the catwalk from UCS Cloud City with a tunnel and breakable window at one end and the wind vane bits at the other.  Alternatively, it could be some sort of mashup where it's partially based on a Cloud City hallway and partially on the duel/carbon freezing chamber, but that seems less likely.

2 hours ago, namioik said:

At least there is a fighting chance for the exclusive for those who wouldn't have made the trip anyway

Yeah, it might be a bloodbath, but at least everyone can try for it, not just people who managed to get tickets. That's assuming they do a normal online release with only however many copies, though. They might just do a raffle for people who had tickets.

Idk, this shuttle is perfect.... dont know what they wanna change. There are several other model to remake for example vaders tie, ds2, interceptor and a lot of other sets which are still not done yet

27 minutes ago, muhkuh said:

Idk, this shuttle is perfect.... dont know what they wanna change. There are several other model to remake for example vaders tie, ds2, interceptor and a lot of other sets which are still not done yet

Change no... remake yes. Never mind what they could redo, let's have what they haven't done yet. Nebulon B, Venator, TIE bomber, UCS scale Sail Barge. I've never bought a UCS set, don't have the budget or space, but I always admire them and enjoy them vicariously through reviews. 

I just now noticed the printing on the new 501st trooper torsos is Clone Wars based, as opposed to the "regular" style. I guess it makes sense to have it match up the the ahsoka clone in the AAT set, I just thought the cartoonish printing was over, regardless of what era the set is supposed to be from. 

Even weirder, it looks like the airborne trooper has this style too? I find that especially wierd as they already had a perfectly fine design for the airborne trooper in the utapau troopers set, didn't see any reason to change it. 

41 minutes ago, arc said:

I just now noticed the printing on the new 501st trooper torsos is Clone Wars based, as opposed to the "regular" style. I guess it makes sense to have it match up the the ahsoka clone in the AAT set, I just thought the cartoonish printing was over, regardless of what era the set is supposed to be from. 

Even weirder, it looks like the airborne trooper has this style too? I find that especially wierd as they already had a perfectly fine design for the airborne trooper in the utapau troopers set, didn't see any reason to change it. 

That's the worst thing about this wave for me. Actually, not only about this wave, because they're probably going use this style for another few years...

Edited by Graupensuppe

So a Shuttle? If it's true that is pretty much dissapointing I must say, we never seem to get something new in terms of the larger fall UCS, but since I gonna take my parental relief rest of the year from now on and only get 80 % of my salary, it might be good not to be tempted for something that expensive

It’s been 10 years since the last one. Ideally you probably want to cycle a set in about every 7 years to catch people who are new to the hobby. 

Star Wars collectors don’t realize how fortunate they are that sets get reintroduced after a while. You could be a fan of train, monorail, Castle, etc and have to deal exclusively with insane secondary market prices for outdated designs. 

50 minutes ago, 24nolf said:

It’s been 10 years since the last one. Ideally you probably want to cycle a set in about every 7 years to catch people who are new to the hobby. 

Star Wars collectors don’t realize how fortunate they are that sets get reintroduced after a while. You could be a fan of train, monorail, Castle, etc and have to deal exclusively with insane secondary market prices for outdated designs. 

lego dont have insane secondary market prices. Relatively speaking in regard of course. Just to mention art or music.

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

So a Shuttle? If it's true that is pretty much dissapointing I must say, we never seem to get something new in terms of the larger fall UCS, but since I gonna take my parental relief rest of the year from now on and only get 80 % of my salary, it might be good not to be tempted for something that expensive

Congratulations on the kid!

I get the annoyance at remakes, but 10 years between the sets seems like enough time to me, even if we only get a few UCS a year. At least it's not a snowspeeder.