Ngoc Nguyen

42099 - 4x4 X-treme Off-Roader

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Cardboy said:

So for this set I believe were getting the following can anyone confirm?

4 Hubs
8 CV joints with axel socket
4 CV joints with axels
2 inline clutches
2 maybe more "biscuits"

also if some one knows if there will be any 28z Gears?

No inline clutches

 

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Maybe some 7x11 frames? Those are present in SPIKE Prime and the Liebherr, so they could also be here. The 11x15 frame might be too big for this set, though.

No new parts except hubs, joints and PU stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PunkTacoNYC said:

Wait what’s a biscuit? Is it a 3x3 pinhole beam?

I think so...it is on axles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

No inline clutches

 

:cry2: Looks like another one to add to the brick-link as the Liebheer  just too pricy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Yes, it's the nickname TLG folks gave to the 3x3 square beam.

At least it is not a Scooby snack :laugh:

This kind of part was something that I needed long time ago :wub:

...seeing this set, tempts me to make my mocs RC...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cardboy said:

:cry2: Looks like another one to add to the brick-link as the Liebheer  just too pricy

Is the in-line clutch gonna be exclusive to the Liebherr? Cause if it is it’s gonna be priceyyyy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PunkTacoNYC said:

Is the in-line clutch gonna be exclusive to the Liebherr? Cause if it is it’s gonna be priceyyyy

Keep calm, that was about the same thing for a new blue 20T clutch gear that was exclusive for Chiron for the first time and now can be found in way cheaper sets.

(Yes I realize that it's not the best explanation for Changeover Rotary Catch but it may appear only in the set that has a large enough gearbox)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, PunkTacoNYC said:

Is the in-line clutch gonna be exclusive to the Liebherr? Cause if it is it’s gonna be priceyyyy

Anyway, call customer service and just order parts.
Problem fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Anio said:

Anyway, call customer service and just order parts.
Problem fixed.

Lol yeah. I think they’ve caught on though, the best pieces and motors are “out of stock” for replacements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really ?

Never heard anything like this with Bugatti new parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me neither. I have bought fewer sets in the last two years, because I can get most of the new parts (particularly rare parts of expensive sets) I want through Pick a Brick and Customer Service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Me neither. I have bought fewer sets in the last two years, because I can get most of the new parts (particularly rare parts of expensive sets) I want through Pick a Brick and Customer Service. 

 

3 hours ago, Anio said:

Really ?

Never heard anything like this with Bugatti new parts.

Oh I was referring to requesting replacements for broken or missing pieces from sets through Lego's website. I wasn't aware you could actually order certain parts over the phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This might have been reported before (apologies if it did) ... but I see an error in the Smartphone App. In there, the icon for the vehicle shows the tires mounted backwards i.e., the chevron pattern on the tires is pointing up, not down (looking from the front of the vehicle). Second from Top/Right corner, in image below

 

lego-technic-42099-4x4off-roader-box-det

Edited by DrJB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DrJB said:

backwards i.e., the chevron pattern on the tires is pointing up, not down (looking from the front of the vehicle).

Does it matter? I've seen this mentioned before, and I can't think of a reason why the pattern direction would be important, as long as all tires have the same orientation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Does it matter? I've seen this mentioned before, and I can't think of a reason why the pattern direction would be important, as long as all tires have the same orientation. 

Of course it matters. Not much, but it matters. The devil is in the details. I would have that corrected if I were leading the team :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Of course it matters. Not much, but it matters. The devil is in the details.

Totally agree. :thumbup: This is in general the way all problems escalate; this "not much"... that is "not much" and lots of this minor issues and the result is "Houston we have a problem"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some mud trucks have front axle with one direction pattern, and rear axle with oppopsite. Because sometimes you need to do a step back, before two steps forward. That's Mud life
:wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DrJB said:

In there, the icon for the vehicle shows the tires mounted backwards i.e., the chevron pattern on the tires is pointing up, not down (looking from the front of the vehicle). Second from Top/Right corner, in image below

Matches the box art, no? :wink: 

Although I haven't put my glasses on yet, so eh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rm8 said:

Some mud trucks have front axle with one direction pattern, and rear axle with oppopsite. Because sometimes you need to do a step back, before two steps forward. That's Mud life
:wink:

 

Yep, exactly. Moreover, for sandy off-road (when the special sand "grabbers" aren't available) it's a solution to put all tires reversed as the inverted pattern grabs the sand under the wheels to "float over the sand" whereas the normal pattern direction will just dig the truck deeper. Even the simplest things are ticky sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jim said:

Of course it matters. Not much, but it matters. The devil is in the details. I would have that corrected if I were leading the team :wink:

I completely agree that the app, instructions and box art should be consistent. My question was from the performance point of view, which @rm8 and @Void_S explained quite well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DrJB said:

This might have been reported before (apologies if it did) ... but I see an error in the Smartphone App. In there, the icon for the vehicle shows the tires mounted backwards i.e., the chevron pattern on the tires is pointing up, not down (looking from the front of the vehicle). Second from Top/Right corner, in image below

 

lego-technic-42099-4x4off-roader-box-det

But the icon shows the vehicle from behind (makes more sense anyway), so it's correct if it's pointing updwards. 

You can see in this screenshot how the App (not the box art) really works (and they already changed the direction of the upper right icon):

4x4.thumb.jpg.970f67f24948eb94d8d32cd7f2d714f8.jpg

It's still beta anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, incognito said:

But the icon shows the vehicle from behind (makes more sense anyway), so it's correct if it's pointing updwards. 

You can see in this screenshot how the App (not the box art) really works (and they already changed the direction of the upper right icon):

Great observation. It was hard to identify is it front or rear at the icon (for me at least) but now it clear enough. Plus, I'd say the RC models are mostly controllable "from the rear" by people, when the steering direction of the model matches with the RC remote's controls direction. Of course, good experienced RC Racers can do it from any positions best, but here it's a constructor toy first of all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we were talking about the actual vehicle btw. Now I see it's about the icon on the right.

Rear view indeed :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Edit, I was wrong, the new color called dark yellow, not medium orange:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7bGdg7czcI

Howver, since it is an existing color, on bricklink it looks more of a brown-yellow:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogColors.asp

And this color was only released for DUPLO lol

Maybe the designer is just saying "oh its a dark yellow" not "it is the color 'dark yellow' so therefore it's actual color name is not known yet.

Edit 2, I'm going back to my original theory of 'bright orange' :PInsert other media

Edited by SNIPE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.