Recommended Posts

Hello, let's start the race!


It is my own hypercar concept with a minifigure. I reused some details of my earlier idea called "Hypercar concept 1", but I wanted to build this car even more dynamic. It is a studless model built from standard LEGO elements. The overall size is similar to the Speed Champions sets, but the wheels are from City sets as I wanted to keep the height to length ratio closer to the real sports cars.

If you like this car, please share and support it on Lego Ideas:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/146d40fc-49de-4af5-8173-4c73892a003e

Many thanks!

47081807474_7c92605a41_c.jpgStreet racer 01 by László Torma, on Flickr

47871143671_1aa2ec49d4_c.jpgStreet racer 04 by László Torma, on Flickr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not normally a fan of supercars but i really do like the look of this ... It has some good body lines.  How "swooshable" is it though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cool MOC, it very much reminds me of a McLaren F1, the roofscoop, headlights, taillights and general profile are pretty much spot on

 

McLaren-F1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 4:13 PM, _TLG_ said:

The overall size is similar to the Speed Champions sets, but the wheels are from City sets as I wanted to keep the height to length ratio closer to the real sports cars.

That's a great concept, it's similar to the "City Champions" setup I came up with some years ago, see e. g. this "Lambo"-ish racer:

26069495013_2e1ec27529_n.jpg

Regarding the wheels you may get a better result by combining SC hubcaps with the newer Town tires (though this might not get through on an Ideas model):

16936587087_64f31d4073_n.jpg

Anyhow good luck with your project! :thumbup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Im not normally a fan of supercars but i really do like the look of this ... It has some good body lines.  How "swooshable" is it though?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, vectormatic said:


Cool MOC, it very much reminds me of a McLaren F1, the roofscoop, headlights, taillights and general profile are pretty much spot on

 

McLaren-F1.jpg

Thanks! Yes, it is really similar :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ER0L said:

That's a great concept, it's similar to the "City Champions" setup I came up with some years ago, see e. g. this "Lambo"-ish racer:

Your car is cool! I have seen it before. Has it City tires?

 

9 hours ago, ER0L said:

Anyhow good luck with your project

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 10:29 PM, _TLG_ said:

Has it City tires?

It's the exact setup as shown above. The "newer" (in fact produced for 6 years now) 21 x 9.9 Town tires had a big impact on Minifig scale car design because of the much more realistic (which at this scale means: hardly visible) profiling.

However, the "older", more profiled 21 x 12 Town tires (which - for whatever reason - are still being produced by TLG and used in City sets) aren't obsolete: You may very well use them on 4x4 vehicles where a "rugged" look is more desirable:

47851276872_dddb8601bf_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2019 at 12:44 PM, ER0L said:

Regarding the wheels you may get a better result by combining SC hubcaps with the newer Town tires (though this might not get through on an Ideas model):

16936587087_64f31d4073_n.jpg

Anyhow good luck with your project! :thumbup:

 

Thanks for the explanation, I have modified the wheels and I have add a racing stripe too :)

Btw you have very nice builds on Flickr.

Edited by _TLG_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 4:29 AM, Merlict said:

Pretty cool. Might look good  with a white / silver stripe. 

Thanks! I will try it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know but I think this is one of the coolest car I've seen lately.
the Red stripe looks good, but I think I like the whole black one better, it's has 'something'.
And I like the taillights more. With the red-stripe version I think they are a bit on the high side.
Maybe an idea to make it with square tiles, and those double exhaust?
Like a I said, cool car(s). btw. Do you have more pics of that with Nitro on it? Looks great too. Trabant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.