goatman461

Factions - Introduction, Discussion, and Core Rules

Wait. Maybe one of us can be Ramirez and the other can be McLeod. No need to fight!

I have a question regarding how I construct my builds so that they may be scored. Apologies if it was actually stated in the rules and I managed to miss it. Am I able to use a few small builds to count as one actual build scoring wise. I ask because I have a build that I'm quite happy with for what it is, I just feel it's a little small to count as an actual "entry of sorts". I was hoping to maybe make a few builds of roughly equal size to count as a decently sized build. Would that pass? Thanks.

@Lord Buckethead I guess the size of the build does not matter. Though it will be taken into consideration when judging, I guess the outcome (your score) would be the same if you submit four small builds in one thread or each in it's own.

@Professor Thaum controlling systems with no planets should be possible by acquiring 50XP by building spaceships, space stations or satellites in those systems. And then you get access to all neighbor systems.

If I'm mistaken, gamemasters please correct me.

4 hours ago, Lord Buckethead said:

I have a question regarding how I construct my builds so that they may be scored. Apologies if it was actually stated in the rules and I managed to miss it. Am I able to use a few small builds to count as one actual build scoring wise. I ask because I have a build that I'm quite happy with for what it is, I just feel it's a little small to count as an actual "entry of sorts". I was hoping to maybe make a few builds of roughly equal size to count as a decently sized build. Would that pass? Thanks.

You can put multiple builds in one post and we will judge them all together. So if you had 4 builds worth roughly 5 points each, you might get up to 20 points. But I will warn you that it's hard to be subjective in that scenario. While they collectively might be worth 20 points, by presenting them together you might only get 15 points. A lot comes down to presentation at that point. I might suggest only combining 2 MOCs at a time in an entry. There is also nothing wrong with smaller MOCs! If you don't have a big collection, you can still post and participate.

4 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

A question about a fact which is not clear in the rules :

How to access planets such as Lwhekk (C16 ) or Zonama sekot (F13) ?

Up !

@goatman461

@MKJoshA

Sorry, not sure how I missed that question. Planets not currently accessible will be accessible later in the game. We have a particular mechanic ready to launch at a certain point. You'll just have to wait and see!

@Lord Buckethead run it by your faction leader. They’ll be able to tell you if it’s too small and give you suggestions on how to make it fit best into the forum. 

@MstrOfPppts @Professor Thaum You can build in space but with no planet to attach IP to, but right now there’s no way to control the territory. In the meantime there are more planets to build on than questions about the game, so get building. 

6 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Sorry, not sure how I missed that question. Planets not currently accessible will be accessible later in the game. We have a particular mechanic ready to launch at a certain point. You'll just have to wait and see!

Roger

I have been gone a long time, but I'm ready to get back into building! I need to spend some time reading over these new rules then I will sign up. 

I've filled up the Factions Character Creator a while ago, but I dont see my character in the Player Index.

Tell me if I missed something.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, Nicotoa said:

I've filled up the Factions Character Creator a while ago, but I dont see my character in the Player Index.

Tell me if I missed something.

You should be good now. There was an error with the form I had to fix.

@JoeChu1980 You have 10 players filled out for the Player Index. You can use all those characters in your builds, but only 1 can be your main player that we use to track XP. Which one would you like me to keep?

14 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

You should be good now. There was an error with the form I had to fix.

@JoeChu1980 You have 10 players filled out for the Player Index. You can use all those characters in your builds, but only 1 can be your main player that we use to track XP. Which one would you like me to keep?

Dear @MKJoshA thanks for your kindly reminding, sorry for my first time to join, and the 1st post with these characters just uploaded. May I specify below one to track?

39872251233_fc1cb1b84c_t.jpg Character Name: Anton Sandflyer

BTW, I checked "Factions Player Index Public", in row 20 there's a trial filling by me, would you please delete it? As well, in row 32, I probably forgot to input my EB username, would you please do me a favor to add? Thanks a lot!

Edited by JoeChu1980

15 hours ago, JoeChu1980 said:

Dear @MKJoshA thanks for your kindly reminding, sorry for my first time to join, and the 1st post with these characters just uploaded. May I specify below one to track?

39872251233_fc1cb1b84c_t.jpg Character Name: Anton Sandflyer

BTW, I checked "Factions Player Index Public", in row 20 there's a trial filling by me, would you please delete it? As well, in row 32, I probably forgot to input my EB username, would you please do me a favor to add? Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the directions. It should be fixed now.

7 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Thanks for the directions. It should be fixed now.

Dear Sir, I saw the update in "Factions Player Index Public", thank you! And another question is when I filled this form for my 1st post, I would like to confirm, is it correct to select "Freebuild" per "What kind of build is this?"

9 hours ago, JoeChu1980 said:

Dear Sir, I saw the update in "Factions Player Index Public", thank you! And another question is when I filled this form for my 1st post, I would like to confirm, is it correct to select "Freebuild" per "What kind of build is this?"

Yes, all non contest builds right now should be Freebuilds on that form.

Is there any way that I can see what each entry/Moc has been awarded of XP/IP?

And by the way my character is featured x2 in the Player index - I only use Julo Bannon thumb_bannon1.jpg (the Jaith one is an error sry). :)

Edited by Darth Bjorn

6 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Is there any way that I can see what each entry/Moc has been awarded of XP/IP?

And by the way my character is featured x2 in the Player index - I only use Julo Bannon thumb_bannon1.jpg (the Jaith one is an error sry). :)

You're second entry was removed. Individual scores will be released very soon. Maybe even as soon as this weekend. 

Yes, they at least need to be near a planet so you can earn IP for your faction and submit it for judging. It can be a space build though.

Lots of scores posted. If yours is more than a few weeks old and didn't get scored it may be because you didn't fill out the submission form. Fill out the form and we'll score it. Planet and team IP is updated as well

46945172701_101cffbd57_m.jpgIMG_9203 (2)

Hello! My name is Stew Blazer and I am now working with CorSec. A bit of backstory; I was formerly a stormtrooper with the Empire, joining only because I though I could help bring order back to my galaxy, not because I liked the tyrannous ways of the Empire. I joined rather late in the conflict, being still in training when Vader and the 501st attacked the rebels on Hoth.

32012793317_60a4c662cc_z.jpgThe Imperial Academy

^Me (in the middle)

After I graduated from the academy, I was stationed on the most remote planets in the galaxy, guarding this thing or that thing, and seeing little action. However, I was finally stationed somewhere significant, Endor. I saw some action in the battle, however I never encountered any rebels, only ewoks.

39989291253_75fbf8cdb6_z.jpgBattle of Endor

^Me (behind the crates)

After the devastating defeat and the destruction of the Death Star II, I met up with a commanding officer and was evacuated from the planet. I was then stationed on the SSD Ravager. During the Battle of Jakku, I was stationed at some remote outpost on the planet surface, fortunately. I saw little action, besides an A-wing crashing near my squad, nearly missing me. I did get hit by some shrapnel, thus the damage on my helmet.

39989291713_9ffd544e17_z.jpgBattle of Jakku

^Me (under the shrapnel)

After the Battle of Jakku, the surrender of the Empire, and the signing of the Galactic Concordance, I decided that I did not have any obligation to stay with the Empire any longer. I have nothing against the New Republic and welcome the many freedoms that it has returned to the galaxy. I especially enjoy the fact that it is now a legitimate government. That being the case, I wanted to help them in any way I could, and having experience in guarding things, I decided to join CorSec.

(Will be expanded upon in freebuilds).

Edited by DarthsDonuts54

Last times have been very challenging after the Battle of Jakku. We had to promptly move away from our premises waiting for better times... Now we are disseminated through the galaxy, hiding ourselves from our past.

50817311573_18d2d30728_z.jpg

Me with a casual outfit

My name is Fahne Fathall and I used to work for the Empire, among other non precisely legal activities. As such I didn’t quite expect any kind of public formal recognition from the Empire. Even less nowadays, with no actual Empire anymore. So, from a given point of view, it’s an unusual advantage not being that visible in the Imperial logs.

With the raise of the new Republic, with so many people willing to pick up our heads as trophies at any price all over the galaxy, it wasn’t a wise idea to talk about my previous working experiences with anybody hanging around in a cantina at Coruscant.

But as a human being I still felt I needed a proper, valuable and enjoyable workplace to enhance my career, looking forward to grabbing a slice of fortune and glory.

Now, after being recently recruited by the Black Sun, I may give you some bits of my origins.

I come from an old ancient planet plagued of forgotten history, although I left that place during my childhood. Many years later, and not with ease within the Imperial Academy, I gained a position in the Imperial Royal Guard. A very challenging place where you could make a lot of enemies outside and specially inside the Empire.

In addition to that, some razor’s edge missions and other unfortunate incidents forced me somehow to desperately sign as a member of the Shadow Guards, for espionage and counterespionage activities within and outside the Empire. An intense period for gaining even more enemies and, from time to time, some good friends as well.

50817311533_59f418a704_z.jpg

Me with the Guard equipment from the old days of the Empire  

And here I am. Those achievements and maybe some associated abilities seem to have been relevant to be accepted in this group.

Now flying back to my base location at Coruscant. I’ll report from there.

Edited by dvogon
fixed image URLs