Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

it is both the celebration exclusive and a target red card holder online exclusive.

Wasn’t it supposed to be released today? I don’t see it on the site and no news sites are reporting it..

i thought it was tomorrow, but could been wrong ... haven't paid much attention tbh, as i have no interest in it ... i half expect it to be talked about at tomorrow's panel ...

It's not clear. All of the initial reports about the set mentioned 4/11, but that may have just been the start day for Celebration and the sources didn't give specific information about when Target would release theirs. Others have pointed out that the Funko stuff is always released for sale at the exclusive retailers the same day as they're sold at the Con. For Celebration, that's tomorrow. The Lego panel is also tomorrow. So maybe Target will put the Vader bust up tomorrow as well.

13 hours ago, Evergreen said:

I have a feeling this might get the same response as the Cloud City. I think the Tantive IV looks like a pretty good playset overall, but definitely a poor UCS set. A definite pass for me, but its not for me... I just hope they make a proper ISD later in the year... 

Earlier in the year there was a leak of the Bail Organa figure. You might have to dig through the instagram posts to find it. From what I remember it was a decent figure. No memorable details or anything really. 

Ok, I was thinking that was a custom, but it is making sense now

The figure is also on my image on the previous page. Should you wish to view it.

18 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Will there be a May 4th polybag? I’m not really sure, they seem to be doing things a little differently this year

I'm guessing we will find out tomorrow when they announce the Tantive IV during the Celebration panel. Otherwise, the only leak so far is for a build event the weekend of May 4. And of course the release of the Tantive IV itself.

I like the look of Tantive IV so far. I never owned by wanted the original. To me it feels like it has the '~£120 falcon' playability aspects - decent exterior with the ability to make a couple of scenes inside.

I have about £170 worth of VIP points which I was saving for something like this. Whether I buy immediately will depend on the may 4th promo...

Check out these schematics to compare the Tantive's proportions: 4c70a8e5d819161dab2d93f286fa023e.gif

The cockpit is pretty much as wide as the main body. I hope some people mod the cockpit - I'm sure it would do wonders to this set.

6 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Check out these schematics to compare the Tantive's proportions: 

The cockpit is pretty much as wide as the main body. I hope some people mod the cockpit - I'm sure it would do wonders to this set.

I dont thing the issue is that the cockpit is too big, I think the main body is too small. It should be wider. Not by much, maybe just 2 studs on each side, and at a shallower angle. And I think the round sections need to be a little thicker. The engine block looks too small in the box picture too, but its hard to tell whether or not it'll look more proportional in person.

But naturally the biggest problem it has is the fins. It was never going to be easy to render in Lego but what they came up with is really not a good solution

Edited by Magmafrost

Except the Tantive IV, they are suppose to show the first IX trailer as well right?

On 4/11/2019 at 6:34 AM, Reaper said:

Looks like they are using the ucs falcon cones for the cockpit, seems a bit too big for me though. 

I been away for a bit, has the star destroyer leak been confirmed?

No, but historically I can say that if it's not a Star Destroyer, another rumour should have been circulating by now. 

Vader bust up at Target! Shows “coming soon” in app, but shows available through their main site...

13 minutes ago, GreisISniiice said:

Vader bust up at Target! Shows “coming soon” in app, but shows available through their main site...

UPDATE: Looks to be sold out already... that was quick :/

the lego panel starts at 130p chicago time. 

slow your roll. 

Well, looks like I'll be saving my money for something else... Just seems like the modular garage all over again back in the town forum. People wanted a ucs, I was hoping for something impressive, and they give us this trans-inbetweeny thing with a nose bigger than the wicked witch of the east. 

Wish they would make their mind up what direction they're trying to go... 

https://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-darth-vader-bust-75227/-/A-76157589

So apparently it's sold out?? I checked every few minutes yesterday, stayed up until 3AM my time zone to get one to see if it would drop at midnight PST, then saw the report it's coming out on the 15th so stopped checking. And then they release it and it sells out in less than 15 minutes. Yikes. Even got a redcard specifically for this.

Edited by legozebra

3 hours ago, GreisISniiice said:

UPDATE: Looks to be sold out already... that was quick :/

vulture bulk buyers, probably. :cry_sad:

13 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Definitely getting a Resistance A-wing, FO Tie Interceptor and a new Falcon with old Lando fig. 

Has it been confirmed (or rumored) that LEGO will be releasing a FO Tie interceptor?  Seems strange that they’ll have the FO tie interceptor from Resistance as well as from  episode IX (not to mention Kylos fighter which is very interceptor-like.  I actually had to pause the trailer to see it wasn’t Kylo’s Ship from Episode VIII)

I would love that FO TIE Interceptor but with Kylo’s TIE Silencer and the Interceptor from Resistance, I doubt it will happen. I still want that neat looking TIE from Solo during the Kessel Run.