Piranha

Your First Pirate Set!

I can't remember what my first set in 1989 (Still i think it was the extra minifigs and the chest digger )was but in 2010 my first "new generation" Pirates set is the BBB.

I can't remember which one was precisely first, but when they first came out I had Buried Treasure, Harbour Sentry, Castaway's Raft, Shipwreck Island and Sabre Island. All of the lower to middle size sets. I don't think I got anything after that until 2009, so there was quite a gap.

As much as i wanted it to be the BSB, my parents couldn't afford that so I got the Caribbean Clipper instead. A great many hours of my childhood were spent keeping the seas free from pirates! It is only in the last week that I have finally got my hands on an almost complete BSB and have spent many hours lovingly cleaning it all up.

Now all I need is to replace my long lost CC and I can finally have the sea battle I once dreamt of - till then the Imperial Flagship will be keeping BSB and BB under control! :)

I bought this November, 2009. it was my first pirate set, hahaha. I used to dream about this ship when I was a kid!

Kopiavpiratlego3.jpg

Kopiavpiratlego5.jpg

^ i poured all the legos on the shaggy carpet. only to open the manual and see that sign. haha. :'D

haha :D same was with my first set of lego, when I was a kid. I opened all packs and poured on carpet, then I found that sign in manual :D But thats ok, I was still able to construct it. But it took me more time.

P.S. I don't have a pirate set yet :(

My first set was the 6256 Islander Catamaran. I have it in 1995, 15 years ago. 6256-1.jpg

I'm not sure I'll be able to find my first. It was a promotional studios set that I got by sending in 5 coupons from Oatmeal and then when I sent them in I won the little promotional set. :pir-tongue:

I found it on BrickSet. It was 1411 Pirate's Treasure Hunt from the Studio line. It was my first Pirates even though it was from the Studios line. I hope that counts.

This was also mine. I was 8 years old. I remember taking the minifig to school in my pocket the next day. I just couldn't be separated from him :pir-sweet:

6235-1.jpg

Not really a Pirates fan, but here is my first (and only) Pirate set in my life:

6259 - Broadside's Brig

4732671038_c5819e411c.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan

Were you fortunate enough to get one as a kid, or is this a more recent acquisition?

I got this for Christmas when I was a kid. My first pirates stuff if I remember correctly. That christmas my parents splurged and got me I think 4 or 5 pirates sets. That was the big one and a handful of smaller ones (like the cannon on the boat)

My first Pirate set was the following:

splaviccgi.jpg

The year was 1991 and I was 5 years old. Oh how I loved that pirate! I played with him until his arms wore off.

My first Lego pirate set was the armada flagship! My dad gave it to me for my one birthday! Best birthday gift ever!

Well my first and only one is Pirate's Plunder. Got it from my cousin as a smaller set for my birthday. The bigger one was Pizza to Go.

This was my first Pirate set :pir-classic: Lego 6251.

Mine too! Those awesome mini sets with tons of cheap minifigures and equipment!

Too young to remember exactly, but I think It was either Raft Raiders or Pirate's Plunder (I got two of those so that's where I got my first two redcoates). This was during a time when the internet was very new and expensive, so as a kid, you didn't knew what other sets you could get if you didn't have the catalogue (I only had the ones for 1992 and onwards). In my case, I didn't even knew the bluecoats existed. I actually got confused when I was at a friends house searching through his box of lego, because I found an imperial torso and noticed that the torso was exactly like my redcoat one, except, it was blue! Was it misprinted or what? In years that really bothered me, until I grew up with the internet and found out about the Caribbean Clipper. Imagine my surprise. I didn't know there was a bluecoat fraction before the redcoat one.

Ah, these were the days...

Edited by AViewToALego

I've actually never had a Lego Pirates set, but I've always loved ships and was doing my best before they came out with Pirates.

I recently came across this picture from my youth, roughly 1982 or 1983 so about age 11...

23987855983_af07f48f81_z.jpg

Sailing Ship MOC ca. 1982 by E J

LEGO Junior's Pirate Treasure Hunt, I ordered it the other day. Can't wait till it gets here! I know it's a very small build but I figured it would be a good intro to the pirate them pirate_satisfied.gif