59 minutes ago, Jim said:

You probably mean 2019 models :sweet:

Why Jim whatever do you mean??! It clearly says 2019 :blush: (and any editing after the event is fake news)

6 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

Why Jim whatever do you mean??! It clearly says 2019 :blush: (and any editing after the event is fake news)

:laugh:

I hope you already watch a review of 42096 

its the same function nothing's new like a Wow ? factor ???

...and the 24118 mudguard is Printed ???

Can’t say the printed wheel arch is much of a surprise, it isn’t a simple planar curve after all.

Edited by Bartybum

We already knew the mudguard would be printed. The main issue is that they are printed BADLY! As if a kid applied stickers. Can’t share any pictures yet.

I see that these ones look okay. But mine are horrible.

This had to had HOG steering, so it would be at least playable. Because of printed wheel arches (even I lost hopes some time ago), it is even not a ggood parts pack. So - only for display and, of course, for mods.

Those wheel arches still will be usable for some sports car, also for some older, which had similar color scheme.

...so much for Display Technic Car... not to mention the Price... 

and oh I only noticed now that the 3pin holes wheel is ALIVE..my Bad...?

Edited by Dylan M
Oops ? it was 6 holes

3 hours ago, Jim said:

We already knew the mudguard would be printed. The main issue is that they are printed BADLY! As if a kid applied stickers. Can’t share any pictures yet.

I see that these ones look okay. But mine are horrible.

I was really surprised to see that as well. I started to look for pics of the original car to see if it was intentional :D 

Such a shame they’re printed arches (but as expected). I’d really love a set of them in plain white.

the more I see of the Porsche the less I like it and unlike the UCS models I don’t think I’ll be collecting this one I’m not that much a collector of licenced sets.

i think I’ll save my spending for the tracked loader (I like both a and b models), the vette (mainly for the parts), and a couple of speed champions sets 

26 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Such a shame they’re printed arches (but as expected). I’d really love a set of them in plain white.

the more I see of the Porsche the less I like it and unlike the UCS models I don’t think I’ll be collecting this one I’m not that much a collector of licenced sets.

i think I’ll save my spending for the tracked loader (I like both a and b models), the vette (mainly for the parts), and a couple of speed champions sets 

you just red my mind :wink:

I  think using the bucket wheel parts for the front splitter has caused no end of problems for the front of the Porsche too much front overhang.

Looking at the video 0:36 interesting they have a built up around the rear diff is this something on GT cars like the F1 plank to stop them running to low or Lego stopping the suspension travel as they did not limit the shocks?

I know the 42088 is a lazy recolour but it want it more than the original as it has some parts in colours i need :grin:

Edited by Cardboy

Pretty sure it would be rather easy to motorize 42096, which is probably the thought behind the design too. Since motorization is all over us and every set is due to be motorized sooner or later \_:sceptic:_/

15 hours ago, Jim said:

I see that these ones look okay. But mine are horrible

Why not report them as bad and ask for new ones at the service dept.?

3 hours ago, coinoperator said:

How about if Lego Give it for free , will you ask for replacement...??

11 hours ago, coinoperator said:

Right. I believe that there should be some allowed minimal offset and some things that exceeds that are should fail a QC check. I'd really contact them, even just a feedback on print quality is awesome.

8 hours ago, Dylan M said:

Are you talking about the review set? Depends on how you define "for free". I get the set in exchange for my valuable time, so I wouldn't call it for free :tongue:

It's called "Quid pro quo" :wink:

Just now, AVCampos said:

Not to mention the work it takes to research, write, photograph, and, in some cases, film the review.

True that. 

8 hours ago, Dylan M said:

If they gave it for review they would have to.
Free or not, bad parts will not contribute to a 100% positive review

3 minutes ago, coinoperator said:

If they gave it for review they would have to.
Free or not, bad parts will not contribute to a 100% positive review

I don't get the idea of asking for replacement in case of review. Reviews are about observations, presentation of a shelf ready products here. If those contain bad parts, handling issues, etc., to show and point it out, is part of the review. It is important feedback for us (as end users) and also for TLG. So if the fender parts are misprinted, it must be presented as it is. TLG must be aware of this issue, and must be ready to re-check their quality processes, and to replace all the parts with errors for end users.

7 minutes ago, agrof said:

I don't get the idea of asking for replacement in case of review. Reviews are about observations, presentation of a shelf ready products here. If those contain bad parts, handling issues, etc., to show and point it out, is part of the review. It is important feedback for us (as end users) and also for TLG. So if the fender parts are misprinted, it must be presented as it is. TLG must be aware of this issue, and must be ready to re-check their quality processes, and to replace all the parts with errors for end users.

It should absolutely be mentioned in a review if parts are faulty/misprinted, but generally speaking the majority of end users will get proper QA-ed parts, and not having TLG replace the bad parts and also including them in the review, thus means that the review will no longer be a proper indication of what a typical customer should expect.

Speaking in general (not just lego), reviewers should absolutely mention any and all issues encountered with the product, but the professional thing to do is also to take this up with the producer and give them a chance to resolve the issue.

11 minutes ago, agrof said:

I am talking about getting replacements after publishing the reviews, definitely not before. Just to make my copy of the set "complete" with proper panels.

We are on the same page - just a bit different wording.

BTW: I am sad to see, how much the ABS white and the sticker white colors differ on this particular set. This would be a serious issue to me (if I would buy) - not to mention, how much better it looks without stickers.

Yeah, the stickers are way too white. Overall the car looks great (imho), but they messed up the printing and stickering.