Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Walking in Mesozoic

Walking in the streets of the old city with the big creatures around de Gothia made him happy everytime. de Gothia, Albion and Elijah had spent the last month in the big city just exploring the old houses, the canals, the gates all made to fit the huge animals the called dinosaurs! Today de Gothia walked alone to a small market, trying new fruits like watermelon and pineapple. If only Lena was here as well he thought with the fruit dripping in his beard. 

28974173727_33caf99b4b.jpg

43862379072_317b153ee7.jpg

43862387352_aac7048fe3.jpg

43862381202_9f08affb05.jpg

Paintings from de Gothias old adventures in Mesozoic. 

Inspiration from Dinotopia. 

C&C as always welcome!

Edited by de Gothia

Awesome! Looks very nice! Great colors here, the tree is really nice, and that banner adds so much! Keep it up! :)

Edited by TheLordOfBricks

Feels like home in Kaliphlin if it wasn’t for the dinos :wink:

Nice scene overall, I particularly like the forced perspective through the archways :classic:

Where are those orange awnings from btw...?

This is stupendous (I know, I already said that on Flickr :P)!

There's some fun similarities to my own recent Kali-style build (dewback!) so it looks like we were on similar wavelengths. I obviously have a lot to learn from you because this thing is just packed with details that are clear and ornate without being too busy or packed together. I think the alcoves and statues are my favorite part but the fountain is a close second.

This is great.  I love the round tower and the walls.  The texturing on both is great.  The balconies are a very nice touch.  The courtyard is fantastic love the sand green and the fountain is nicely done.  The tree give the scene a nice pop of color.  The whole color pallet of the build works well together.   I also like the use of the dino's and your figs are great.  The use of the CMF judges hair on the statue is cool.  Great job.

So glad to see another build in Mesozoic!  This is a really neat creation, I love the dino-drawn cart and great job on the archway! :thumbup:  

Those balcony really look great, i find a weird contrast between the atmosphere and builds, somehow calm and full of life at the same time.
I wonder also how the military forces of that city are, I guess using dinos on war is a sight to behold.

Thanks! All started when I saw Wochenenders great mocs with dinos and trolls! Fell in love with the triceratops, I have one but the are so megablocks expensive!! :(

The cloth is from 31052 "Vacation getaways"

As usual, I am in love. :wub:  I really like how you are able to strike the balance between having lots of detail while not being cluttered to the point you can't photograph anything.  I like the whole color scheme, the amazing forced perspective, the arches... I think everyone before me said it all, but wow, what a great build!  I also love the inclusion of dinosaurs!

19 hours ago, de Gothia said:

Thanks! All started when I saw Wochenenders great mocs with dinos and trolls! Fell in love with the triceratops, I have one but the are so megablocks expensive!! :(

The cloth is from 31052 "Vacation getaways"

And I thought megablocks were the cheap alternative? :wink: 
Oh, I have one of those sets and will give it to the kids...should probably be playable without the awning.

More dinos please! I hope you are not fully done turning Dinotopia into GoH LEGO builds, because I absolutely love those books, and your builds are doing them justice. The forced perspective through the arches is probably my favorite detail, since it is so well done (better even than in your A Safe Haven challenge entry). I love the gates, the tower, the trees, and the randomly staggered windows (that make it look old and lived in). Also, that bay window with the gold dome and window flowers is excellent. My one critique is that the square seems oddly empty of people and activity in general. 

Great build! The height of is perfect (though perhaps slightly differing heights would have been even better) and the tree adds just enough greenery to the scene. I’m amazed at the amount of builds that you’ve been posting recently. Do you really build that fast or do you have a backlog?

Thanks! 

HQ: I agree about the square and the lack f figs. But my latest mocs in cities have been pumped with figs so I thought I would go with a more clean look. 

Zlatan: Yes, now when I see it, some different heights would make the moc better! No the time is very limited now in the summer but I have had some mocs photgraphed but not edited and then I had some mocs in the pipe so it was beacause of that all the mocs came at the same time!

Excellent build ! As always !

Nice to see you develop Mesozoic. This Dinotopia like city is quite impressive !

I really like the design of the fountain.

Great job !

I'm really getting to love this city :wub: A very sweet arch design, alternating the tan and dark orange :thumbup:

To still have a bit of nitpicking: I feel like showing the studs of the leftern most roof contrasts a bit with the clean style used throughout the rest of the build 

All the little stands and awnings make for a very Eastern atmosphere, I think I can almost smell the exotic vegetation and spices... :drool: 

Glad to see you continue your Mesozoic builds :thumbup: I like how you used crenelations to make a 'border' on the front two sides.
And the forced perspective views through the archways are incredible :wub: The use of tan as the primary color, plus nice splashes of brighter shades works really well here too :classic:

Great job, dG, always awesome to see the dinos popping up! :grin:  I really like the floor pattern around the fountain, and the flower pots, tree, and statues are great details too! :thumbup: