Bart

[SR - Poppy Port] GOLD mine

After the prospecting report came the Major of Poppy Port send out a letter to a tribe of mountain dwelling men who live in the home country of his wife, the are rather short compared to the average minifig, but they are the best in the buisness. The digging of the mine started in the location the first finds where made.

29664343258_b93b2e96ee_z.jpgGold mine 1 by Bart, on Flickr

The outside of the mountain didn't do justice to the work the men on the inside had done, and the fastness of the gold resources found.

43488209252_7ec49db7ce_z.jpgGold mine 2 by Bart, on Flickr

42824315674_3cf60921b1_z.jpgGold mine 3 by Bart, on Flickr

43542413811_bc3fc55c1c_z.jpgGold mine 4 by Bart, on Flickr

28655104717_dc6fcc7e24_z.jpgGold mine 5 by Bart, on Flickr

C&C much appreciated. 

Dwarfs to the rescue! :pir-grin:

Cool idea, and a beautiful mine build, with lots of playability. I love all the little scenes here and there. Well done! :thumbup:

What a nice little build that has a whole lot more than the first picture would suggest. Details such as the cannery and waterfall are clever and add a unique touch to this mine, while the overall design is a quality MOC in its own regard. You could consider adding some more details to the ground, such as plates and tiles, which shouldn't be too hard given that this is LDD.

Wow! Great looking mine Bart! The inside is nicely detailed and there's so much going on. Agreeing with Captain Genaro, a few extra plates and 1x1 rounds would look good, but without them the model still looks fantastic. 

7 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Dwarfs to the rescue! :pir-grin:

Cool idea, and a beautiful mine build, with lots of playability. I love all the little scenes here and there. Well done! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

What a nice little build that has a whole lot more than the first picture would suggest. Details such as the cannery and waterfall are clever and add a unique touch to this mine, while the overall design is a quality MOC in its own regard. You could consider adding some more details to the ground, such as plates and tiles, which shouldn't be too hard given that this is LDD.

4 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Wow! Great looking mine Bart! The inside is nicely detailed and there's so much going on. Agreeing with Captain Genaro, a few extra plates and 1x1 rounds would look good, but without them the model still looks fantastic. 

Thanks all!

You mean the area where the guy with the wheelbarrow is walking about?

Because in my mind the area where there is "nothing" is where the side continues to go down. The bucket continue to somewhere more down so to sprak.

Wow! @Bart I love this mine absolutely did not expect all this action from the first picture!  Whistle while you work!  The working is packed full of things in my head I can see the bucket chain moving and hear the picks clanging.  The canary in deed was a great addition.  The only change would be the mule train in the center.  Normally there would be a wooden plankway that the mule skinners would lead the team on between the tracks.

As far as the ground ... I actually pictured the mine as deeper than shown.

14 hours ago, Fraunces said:

If this was a set it would be sold out in no-time :pir_laugh2:

Thanks! All EB members would just buy it for the gold pieces ;p

8 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Wow! @Bart I love this mine absolutely did not expect all this action from the first picture!  Whistle while you work!  The working is packed full of things in my head I can see the bucket chain moving and hear the picks clanging.  The canary in deed was a great addition.  The only change would be the mule train in the center.  Normally there would be a wooden plankway that the mule skinners would lead the team on between the tracks.

As far as the ground ... I actually pictured the mine as deeper than shown.

Thank you, filling up the gaps between the sleepers of the tracks? I maybe should have done that indeed.

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

Where is the seventh ?

And I agree with @Fraunces it's a nice idea for an official lego idea set... you should try

Chilling with snowwhite obviously.

How would one try that? 

Oh wow, that is quite a great depiction. The outside is quite nice already, and the interior is quite impressive. Great work.

3 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

I'll have a look.

3 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Oh wow, that is quite a great depiction. The outside is quite nice already, and the interior is quite impressive. Great work.

Thank you. 

Good job with that gold mine, Bart. With all these shafts and tunnels, it looks very convincing.

On 7/22/2018 at 5:52 AM, Bart said:

Thanks! All EB members would just buy it for the gold pieces ;p

Thank you, filling up the gaps between the sleepers of the tracks? I maybe should have done that indeed.

Starkville-Mules.jpg

Yes Otherwise the mule would have no place to step ... On solid ground its ok to not but anything open to below would have a solid deck. Other mines decked the entire run like this one in PA

Inside-the-Lackawanna-County-Coal-Mine-S

Usually the decked ones were because the mine was damp and the ground muddy

Great mine Bart! Even the outer part alone would be a nice build, but your complete diorama is a real masterpiece, maybe not fully realistic, but surely very lively and complex, it seems even  larger than it actually is!

14 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

Great mine Bart! Even the outer part alone would be a nice build, but your complete diorama is a real masterpiece, maybe not fully realistic, but surely very lively and complex, it seems even  larger than it actually is!

Thanks, the outside part is a mod of my prospecting build. Being realistic wasn't a goal here. The size may be because of the pdf  angles the walls make, and as@Roadmonkeytj made clear I didn't actually research this, Just build it from immagines fueled by memories of mines in films and documentries (and visits to mines)

4 hours ago, Bart said:

Thanks, the outside part is a mod of my prospecting build. Being realistic wasn't a goal here. The size may be because of the pdf  angles the walls make, and as@Roadmonkeytj made clear I didn't actually research this, Just build it from immagines fueled by memories of mines in films and documentries (and visits to mines)

Lol you make it sound like I hated the build lol ... Im just trying to look out for your minifig muleskinners lol again I really liked the mine lol

What a great build! You put a lot of effort in it and one can easily see that. Still laughing about that mountain dwelling tribe of hard working midgets! !!