Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

11 hours ago, The Legonater said:

I... wondered what would happen if we were broken of Heroica's seal. We need to stay sharp. I will not deign to darken the Wolfgang's door, but if you all feel it such a necessity, perhaps Karie can lead a group in that direction. Cover all of our assets, as it were. 

Lead? I-

Rone paused to consider, pulling all of his thoughts together.

It wouldn't be my choice. In all honesty, I wish Guts were here. There's a lot of people who should be here, Skrall, Cronk, Docken. All of them better leaders than I am. As for our self-proclaimed King, all I know of him is what I have heard with the recent civil war. We must stand united, to be sure. We need to act together if we are to redeem Heroica to what it once was. We don't need a leader, we need cooperation. I will do what I always do; offer my opinions, direct and guide as I can. Advocate, where necessary. If you call that leadership, then fine - but authority is not something I seek. Only a Heroic rebuilt, and a Eubric restored.

10 hours ago, CMP said:

"Aye....aye," agreed Atramor, his mind turning momentarily to a few of his past allies. Hybros, Guts. Skrall, Cronk. Nyx....Ellaria. "Well...ain't no room for thinkin' 'bout what might've been, here." He looked down into his empty mug, briefly, before slamming it back down on the counter. "We'll just have to fight for 'em. Heroica never woulda been what it is today if it weren't for heroes like them. May not be here, but as long as just one hero is still suckin' down breath and fightin' for right, then, well, damn it, they ARE with us."

"None of us should lead this city." Karie protests. "Look who currently rules. So called Heroes. Once this is all over, Heroica needs to step back and think about it's place in this city and what it should be. I do not want a Heroican ruled Eubric, as it's been proven that when given the chance, the organization will in fight and backstab each other. Nonetheless, those not with us are here in spirit, and I'll toast to that." Karie replies, raising her mead and drinking it. "To those who are not with us."

9 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I think their was a little girl in here trying to find help looking for the Oracle. I think she knows Ezeran, Torald and that other kid Petaldan. I guess I could go with them. I don't know what else to do besides...that is when Germ looks at Jacq & Kukulkan ...give certain "organizations" a black eye right at their very "homes". 

Karie leans in and speaks to Germ in a hushed tone, shaking her head. "If you attack them you make us look like brigands looking for a fight, and at this point in time we cannot look bad. Patience is a virtue." 

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

“Aye. It’s just a question of speed and numbers.” Boomingham chews on his cheek. “We split up and lead different groups? Or put our best bets all together and allow the others to fend for themselves?” Boomingham nods to Althior as the man addresses him. He doesn’t know much about the magic user except that he’s the reason he beat out Guts as King.

Boomingham scowls at the Paladin and Watch. “Don’t like that.” Then he notices Karie and winces further. He clears his throat and approaches her. “I agree. Both of those are good places to start. I can go check the Temple with a group if you’d like to go hear out the Wolfhead.” Boomingham grimaces. “Don’t like his involvement at all. But if he’s going to be involved one way or the other, guess we should at least see where he stands. And I know you have a history of getting criminals on your side.” He winks.

Karie furrows her cheek and glares at Lawrence. She didn't realize he was here, and wished she hadn't. As he approaches her, Karie straightens her posture, looking him in the eye. As he finishes speaking to her Karie stands up off her seat, brushing herself off before speaking to him.

"Why should I trust you, Lawrence?" Karie replied. "Why should any of us trust you? You stand before us, the epitome of everything we currently stand against. You would've rather seen Heroica fight itself through a petty war of kings than stand for a Heroica not run by the houses or the oligarchs of this city. No, Lawrence, I don't want you leading any teams that head out. I won't say anything about you helping, because we need all the help we can get, but I refuse to assist this reformation if Lawrence leads anything at all." Karie draws in breath, taking a moment to collect her words before speaking in a more unimpressed, defeatist tone. "However, and I hate saying this, I do agree with Lawrence that I probably should be on the group that goes to speak with Ulfric. I've got ties to the Wolfgang, whether I like it or not." 

"I think we've got three groups going. One group to speak with Ulfric, one to investigate the Dragon House, and one to investigate the temple. Let's make up our minds quickly. We're going to probably sneak our way through the streets."

19 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

A drunk Copper Fox stumbles into the Lady Luck's and collapses at the bar, sobbing. The Feathered Serpent enters after him.

38801308774_c6cbe93c09_t.jpg
"Don't mind him, he just found out about Cain." The orc pauses for a moment before speaking, "I am sorry heroes, your leaders have failed you. While our hall was being invaded, we were too concerned with our own affairs, too tied into our own personal causes that we never stopped to consider the cause we had joined together to advance. We let factions come before family and if we had truly cared we would have led you and this city into the bright shining beacon of hope, now we are but a shattered dream of what could have been. If you'll listen we'd like to make things right."

19 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Look, Serpent, I think I speak for all of us here when I say: to Hel with your apologies. The Founders took a good look at your Heroica and found it wanting - and honestly? I can't blame them. You brought us here. I don't see how you're going to get us out. You have beyond a full party's worth of Heroes who still have their weapons and their pride intact. If anyone is going to restore Heroica to what it was, it'll be us , not you. 

"Well, I for one think we should be working with the Wolf Gang," Kiray says right before chugging the mead she recieved. She then shows eeveryone her Wolf Gang seal. "Doesn't seem to matter much now me hiding my allegiance.

18 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Kukulkan, stands and takes the berating.
"I do not presume that we will lead you, we have all seen where that got us in the past. But we will offer aid in restoring you, back to the hall if we can. Trust me when I say the Wolf Gang wants to get to the bottom of this just as much as you do."

"Something rotten is afoot, and it's not the Wolf Gang."

3 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"However, and I hate saying this, I do agree with Lawrence that I probably should be on the group that goes to speak with Ulfric. I've got ties to the Wolfgang, whether I like it or not." 

"I think we've got three groups going. One group to speak with Ulfric, one to investigate the Dragon House, and one to investigate the temple. Let's make up our minds quickly. We're going to probably sneak our way through the streets."

"I would like to go with the group heading for Ulfric as well," Kiray adds. She then looks to Kululkan and asks, "Are you able to send other Wolf Gang troops with the Heroes going to the Dragon House or the temple? Do you have nay other contacts we could meet there?"

“Don’t fret. The Temple team will be able to handle itself.” Ignoring Karie’s rant - if she was happy to go with the Wolfgang group then his dealings with her had worked just fine - he returns to Hoke, Althior, Matthias, and Atramar. “Question is still the same. Put our best fighters together, or try to spread them out?” Boomingham continues his survey of the Room, spotting the pungancious dwarves ambassador. “Part of me feels like we should just let them fend for themselves. But I think we can use all the help we have. Karie can handle herself well. Atramar, you seem interested in the Dragon House. I’d ask one of you others to accompany me to the Temple, but from there I think it’s best we spread ourselves out. Keep an eye on the more junior members.”

20 hours ago, Khorne said:

"So, tell me. What's all this about?", Eric asked as he surveyed the bustling tavern. "This place is a shithole."

"Well, as you yourself said, with Heroica tearing itself apart, its founders came by today and shut the place down and, in a sense, banished everyone. Can't say that they did wrong in doing so, though in truth, I was beginning to feel a kind of kindred spirit with the people there for the first time since coming back. Perhaps the heroes had been too busy running around and minding other people's business to stop for a moment and think about what we're actually fighting for."

14 hours ago, CMP said:

"...If the Dragonlord's really dead...well...hell. Literally, hell. If the Dragonlord is dead, that could mean the Nornalis ain't workin' anymore, or that it's gone."

"I was thinking the same thing. That is very worrying."

I down the Mead, courtesy of Atramor

"Let's go look for the Oracle then, but what are we going to do when the curfew starts?" Petaldan questions innocently.

"I'm not sure if getting the Wolfgang involved will be too helpful. What are we actually expecting them to do, except provide some muscle? I think it would be better to keep our numbers small, but...I'm willing to go with whichever team needs me."

13 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Rone paused to consider, pulling all of his thoughts together.

It wouldn't be my choice. In all honesty, I wish Guts were here. There's a lot of people who should be here, Skrall, Cronk, Docken. All of them better leaders than I am. As for our self-proclaimed King, all I know of him is what I have heard with the recent civil war. We must stand united, to be sure. We need to act together if we are to redeem Heroica to what it once was. We don't need a leader, we need cooperation. I will do what I always do; offer my opinions, direct and guide as I can. Advocate, where necessary. If you call that leadership, then fine - but authority is not something I seek. Only a Heroic rebuilt, and a Eubric restored.

13 hours ago, CMP said:

"May not be here, but as long as just one hero is still suckin' down breath and fightin' for right, then, well, damn it, they ARE with us."

4 hours ago, Zepher said:

“Aye. It’s just a question of speed and numbers.” Boomingham chews on his cheek. “We split up and lead different groups? Or put our best bets all together and allow the others to fend for themselves?” Boomingham nods to Althior as the man addresses him. He doesn’t know much about the magic user except that he’s the reason he beat out Guts  as King.

Boomingham picks up the Sungold Medallion and flips it in the air a few times. “This won’t do ya much good now.” He hands the medallion back to Matthias and auks air through his teeth. He’d expected to become King under order, not chaos. He’d have needed to grow into challenge. But this... “I’ve been a King during a war before. And I was good at it. Damn good. We’re all heroes, we can make our choices. But I’d be glad to lead the way to the Temple. For the time being.”

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"None of us should lead this city." Karie protests. "Look who currently rules. So called Heroes. Once this is all over, Heroica needs to step back and think about it's place in this city and what it should be. I do not want a Heroican ruled Eubric, as it's been proven that when given the chance, the organization will in fight and backstab each other. Nonetheless, those not with us are here in spirit, and I'll toast to that." Karie replies, raising her mead and drinking it. "To those who are not with us."

57 minutes ago, Zepher said:

“Don’t fret. The Temple team will be able to handle itself.” Ignoring Karie’s rant - if she was happy to go with the Wolfgang group then his dealings with her had worked just fine - he returns to Hoke, Althior, Matthias, and Atramar. “Question is still the same. Put our best fighters together, or try to spread them out?” Boomingham continues his survey of the Room, spotting the pungancious dwarves ambassador. “Part of me feels like we should just let them fend for themselves. But I think we can use all the help we have. Karie can handle herself well. Atramar, you seem interested in the Dragon House. I’d ask one of you others to accompany me to the Temple, but from there I think it’s best we spread ourselves out. Keep an eye on the more junior members.”

Matthias doesn't much care for all the drunken talk of missing comrades - what an unhelpful bunch of emotional codswollop - but Boomingham's words do intrigue the druid, not in a good way. Let the others fend for themselves? It doesn't impress Matthias that the man has no respect for the Sungold seal, or that he's only interested in the other Heroes as 'help'. It does, however, spark the gnome's ego to be included in 'the best fighters'... and Boomingham's final decision to spread the groups evenly sits well in the tiny hero's heart.

Without betraying his internal disappointment in the human failings of this 'king', the druid gives his suggestions. "I will go with Master Atramor and Master Dyric to the Dragon House and tomb. It seems that group may be most in need of a healer, if, Lord Lawrence, you intend to take a group to a place of worship and the mistress there takes her group to find allies."

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

I’d ask one of you others to accompany me to the Temple, but from there I think it’s best we spread ourselves out. Keep an eye on the more junior members.”

"I agree, having some muscle from the older members would be helpful, although hearing tales of the most powerful Heroes crushing whoever approached them would be one for the ages."

10 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

"I'm not sure if getting the Wolfgang involved will be too helpful. What are we actually expecting them to do, except provide some muscle? I think it would be better to keep our numbers small, but...I'm willing to go with whichever team needs me."

"They're not all muscle," Kiray mutters, thinking about Diana. How could Monk Pretzel be acting like this to the Wolf Gang, the group he joined. Still, he did have a point about keeping the groups small. "What if we used the Wolf Gang as a distraction? Get them to muster most of their forces to keep the Watch and everyone else busy while we go about our business?"

24 minutes ago, KotZ said:

"They're not all muscle," Kiray mutters, thinking about Diana. How could Monk Pretzel be acting like this to the Wolf Gang, the group he joined. Still, he did have a point about keeping the groups small. "What if we used the Wolf Gang as a distraction? Get them to muster most of their forces to keep the Watch and everyone else busy while we go about our business?"

"Not a bad idea idea," nodded Atramor to the young warden. "Think if there's one thing I think we can all agree on when it comes to the Wolfgang, it's that they're damn good at makin' trouble."

Just now, CMP said:

"Not a bad idea idea," nodded Atramor to the young warden. "Think if there's one thing I think we can all agree on when it comes to the Wolfgang, it's that they're damn good at makin' trouble."

"I'll agree with that," Kirat says with a wolfish grin. "It's what we're best at."

She lgoes to Kululkan, "I know it's not ideal, but would that be possible, using our Wolf Gang allies as a distraction?"

Edited by KotZ

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

"Let's go look for the Oracle then, but what are we going to do when the curfew starts?" Petaldan questions innocently.

Right. Sköld, I think we are ready to go look for the Oracle, want to come with? Torald looks at Petaldan. Don't worry about the curfew. We'll just make sure no-one finds us. It's pretty dark outside, plus you hear those guards coming from a mile away. A bigger problem might be to get our stuff back from mister Ogre over there. 

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie leans in and speaks to Germ in a hushed tone, shaking her head. "If you attack them you make us look like brigands looking for a fight, and at this point in time we cannot look bad. Patience is a virtue." 

Karie furrows her cheek and glares at Lawrence. She didn't realize he was here, and wished she hadn't. As he approaches her, Karie straightens her posture, looking him in the eye. As he finishes speaking to her Karie stands up off her seat, brushing herself off before speaking to him.

"Why should I trust you, Lawrence?" Karie replied. "Why should any of us trust you? You stand before us, the epitome of everything we currently stand against. You would've rather seen Heroica fight itself through a petty war of kings than stand for a Heroica not run by the houses or the oligarchs of this city. No, Lawrence, I don't want you leading any teams that head out. I won't say anything about you helping, because we need all the help we can get, but I refuse to assist this reformation if Lawrence leads anything at all." Karie draws in breath, taking a moment to collect her words before speaking in a more unimpressed, defeatist tone. "However, and I hate saying this, I do agree with Lawrence that I probably should be on the group that goes to speak with Ulfric. I've got ties to the Wolfgang, whether I like it or not." 

Of the three options I fear my best place would be with you Mistress Karie.  The temple of your soft southern gods would not welcome me or my Lord, and If i never return to the underground of this city It would be too soon.

Vindsval downs the offered Mead in a single swallow.

Once I have them again, my lance and sword will be at your side.

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

I like it. It makes them useful while still keeping our distance. 

As for your question, Boomingham, I think we ought to spread out relatively equally. We have to reason to hedge our bets in any particular way. That said, the Wolfgang group may wish to keep a smaller profile. In any case, it seems clear that you are going to take the Temple party, Karie will head up the Wolfgang investigation and - Atramor, you or me? - one of us will lead the tomb's party.

The breakdown so far seems something like this:

Temple:
Boomingham
Althior
Torald
Ezeran
Petaldan?
Hoke?

Wolfgang:
Karie
Vindsval
Kiray

Dragon's Head:
Dyric
Atramor
Matthias
Pretzel?

Unstated:
Eric
The Demon Germ
Throlar

19 hours ago, The Legonater said:

You think we want the Wolfgang's help? Faction wars are what got us all in this mess. Running to the Wolfgang will only get us deeper. We'll do this as Heroes.

"In all of this the Wolf Gang has proven to have the good of the city in it's interests. Who cared for the poor? Who fought against the corruption of the houses? Who stood for the orc? Do not malign them for doing what Heroica wouldn't. Ulric now offers aid, he has information concerning Byblos and unfortunately the vile witch Baba and thinks it may prove useful."

18 hours ago, CMP said:

"...If the Dragonlord's really dead...well...hell. Literally, hell. If the Dragonlord is dead, that could mean the Nornalis ain't workin' anymore, or that it's gone."

4 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"I was thinking the same thing. That is very worrying."

The Dauntlet speaks up.
24611785877_75bd0f6cee_t.jpg
"If the Nornalis has been destroyed, does that mean that Asa...?"

18 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie felt like she knew the answer, but wanted to be sure just in case. "Who's on this Council for Peace and Prosperity? This is news to me."

Heroicaquest85-geezard
"They never published any list, but word is there's the High Priestess from the Temple of Ennoc, representatives from Fort Bonapa... I mean Fort Freedom, a few of the professors from the Academy, a couple merchants from the city, Captain Cousland, and of course the Founders."

11 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran motions to Petaldan and Torald to follow him without drawing to much attention to themselves he then adresses Sküld. "Great to see you again, we don't have much time. Should we help you trying to find the Oracle?"

38770468344_4235a941eb_t.jpg
"Yes please, and of course I'll be going with you."

5 hours ago, KotZ said:

"I would like to go with the group heading for Ulfric as well," Kiray adds. She then looks to Kululkan and asks, "Are you able to send other Wolf Gang troops with the Heroes going to the Dragon House or the temple? Do you have nay other contacts we could meet there?"

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

She goes to Kululkan, "I know it's not ideal, but would that be possible, using our Wolf Gang allies as a distraction?"

"Most of the Wolf Gang is busy keeping the Watch and Paladins from discovering the Wolf Den. You'll have to speak to Ulric directly if you want him to move some of his forces."

The watchman and paladin stand there staring and listening as the heroes converse about and with the ex-veterans concerning the Wolf Gang.

Heroicaquest85-geezard
"Aye, ain't that?"

14487117009_ae93ed93c4_t.jpg
"Everyone stand down and stay put while we arrest these two."

Jacq shouts from the bar and hurls a glass.
38801308854_e9e23485af_t.jpg
"Like Hel you will, ungrateful soddin' sellouts."

Will the Heroes turn over Jacq Altraite and Kukulkan? (24hrs to decide, majority vote, please make your decision in Bold)

13 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Atramor narrowed his eyes in familiarity.

"Cap'n Fervent, right? Didn't I pull you and your people outta a magic bag at one point, mate?"

9 hours ago, Zepher said:

“Aye. It’s just a question of speed and numbers.” Boomingham chews on his cheek. “We split up and lead different groups? Or put our best bets all together and allow the others to fend for themselves?” Boomingham nods to Althior as the man addresses him. He doesn’t know much about the magic user except that he’s the reason he beat out Guts  as King.

"Not necessarily fend for themselves, but let's allow for the natural synergies and group dynamics to determine the outcome."

Hoke takes a look around.

"Us four and Dyric would make a great team.  However, I do see the value of splitting our power up for faster results in this endeavor."

OoC - I think PCs with similar levels should be in their own parties if we split up.  This will help balance the battles better.

18 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Heroicaquest85-geezard
"They never published any list, but word is there's the High Priestess from the Temple of Ennoc, representatives from Fort Bonapa... I mean Fort Freedom, a few of the professors from the Academy, a couple merchants from the city, Captain Cousland, and of course the Founders."

Hoke makes note of the slip up.

32 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Will the Heroes turn over Jacq Altraite and Kukulkan? (24hrs to decide, majority vote, please make your decision in Bold)

"I'm with Jacq and Kukulkan," Kiray says, moving to stand inbetween the guard and the Wolf Gang, even without her weapons. "You can get out of here, if you know what's good for you." She then turns to the bouncer. "Mind giving me back my things?"

Throlar sat quietly in a corner, he thought about trying to talk the Assassin around but eventually decided against it, it wasn't like he'd ever been able to change anyone's opinion anyway.

At the entrance of the two soldiers his brow furrowed in agitation. This sudden curfew rankled him, everything about this situation rankled him. Everything was moving so quickly, too quickly. In his mind he could see an image of well-oiled iron rails that had been laid long in advance bearing some insidious plot to a terrible conclusion. And on top of that there were these Veterans who had seemingly returned from the grave, he didn't want to believe they were real, something about the idea of these people being the real Veterans made him sick. After all, if that was the case, then not only was one of Titaan's greatest heroes willingly involved in whatever the hell was going on here, but one of these Veterans had killed her own great grandson!

He sat in silence as the heroes discussed what to do, until he heard the paladin demand they hand over the veterans. He stood up to his full diminutive height and... turned to face Lawrence Bloomingham.

"Before anything gets started," he said, "I just want to say I'm sorry about my behavior at R'kilf, I was utterly out of line on that and I do hope you forgive me."

It woudl seem trying to get them out of the city is premature, fist we will need to get them out of the bar.

Vindsval moves to the Bard's side, places a meaty fist into his iron one and cracks his knuckles.

Gentlemen, I would think that men such as yourselves would see that those are clearly not anyone you need to take with you.  Clearly, you are not fools. Those two are with us.  You should seek a different Path this night.

Vindsval makes it known to all in the tavern that he stands with Jacq Altraite and Kukulkan.

Leaning into his close circle again.

"I saw we grab the drunk Fox if fighting starts.  We can find somewhere to get him to talk them dump him when we get what we want or keep him around if that's what we need to do."

Hoke looks around again, quickly, trying to figure out a way...

"If you stand with the Jacq Altraite and Kukulkan, defend them now!  The future of Heroica and Eubric could depend on them!" he yells to the others, ready to grab the Copper Fox and make a run for it out the back door.  

@Zepher @CMP @K-Nut

59 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

He sat in silence as the heroes discussed what to do, until he heard the paladin demand they hand over the veterans. He stood up to his full diminutive height and... turned to face Lawrence Bloomingham.

"Before anything gets started," he said, "I just want to say I'm sorry about my behavior at R'kilf, I was utterly out of line on that and I do hope you forgive me."

Boomingham snorts, but smiles. "Yeah, well, looks like it might just be time to prove that." He exhales sharply, glancing over at the Orc. He doesn't know if he should trust the Wolfgang or if the Original Veterans are really doing anything all that wrong. Change isn't necessarily for the bad, and if all he's fighting for is for what he knows it hardly seems fair to put the Watch and Paladins in danger, especially if the Veterans he's defending are the corrupt ones. "Karie, these blokes are your ticket to Ulric. We can cover you." He turns to the Watch and Paladin and cracks his knuckles. "Glad I don't have my swords. No reason to see you die, but I'm not sure I can get behind this new ruling circle all lickity split, especially if they're trying to cut into the night life."

2 hours ago, CMP said:

Atramor narrowed his eyes in familiarity.

"Cap'n Fervent, right? Didn't I pull you and your people outta a magic bag at one point, mate?"

"Atramor? Stand down man, I'm mighty grateful for what you did, but you can't really stand up for a man who'd betray his city for a madman like Ulric, would you?"

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

"I'm with Jacq and Kukulkan," Kiray says, moving to stand inbetween the guard and the Wolf Gang, even without her weapons. "You can get out of here, if you know what's good for you." She then turns to the bouncer. "Mind giving me back my things?"

There is no reply from the ogre outside the front door.

15 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

"I saw we grab the drunk Fox if fighting starts.  We can find somewhere to get him to talk them dump him when we get what we want or keep him around if that's what we need to do."

"If you stand with the Jacq Altraite and Kukulkan, defend them now!  The future of Heroica and Eubric could depend on them!" he yells to the others, ready to grab the Copper Fox and make a run for it out the back door.  

@Zepher @CMP @K-Nut

Hoke glaces about the room, there is a second story with another tap room upstairs, a door marked lavatory, and another behind the bar, presumably leading to the larder. The serving girls look worried, Natnail and his companions seem agitated but aren't moving.

Just now, Zepher said:

Boomingham snorts, but smiles. "Yeah, well, looks like it might just be time to prove that." He exhales sharply, glancing over at the Orc. He doesn't know if he should trust the Wolfgang or if the Original Veterans are really doing anything all that wrong. Change isn't necessarily for the bad, and if all he's fighting for is for what he knows it hardly seems fair to put the Watch and Paladins in danger, especially if the Veterans he's defending are the corrupt ones. "Karie, these blokes are your ticket to Ulric. We can cover you." He turns to the Watch and Paladin and cracks his knuckles. "Glad I don't have my swords. No reason to see you die, but I'm not sure I can get behind this new ruling circle all lickity split, especially if they're trying to cut into the night life."

Heroicaquest85-geezard
"Stay down old man, you and your cronies had your time to mess things up well enough."

43 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

"As much as I hate to say it, that may be the smartest move. Doesn't sound like there's any way we're not having a fight here," he says, grabbing his scepter"After all these years, I thought someone would've told you watchmen not to mess with us, let alone me," he says intimidatingly, before switching to his Warlord's Helmet, should a fight ensue. He also drinks his mead, provided by Atramor.

"Atramor? Stand down man, I'm mighty grateful for what you did, but you can't really stand up for a man who'd betray his city for a madman like Ulric, would you?"

"City's full of madmen, mate. At the moment, you're servin' the crazier ones. Have you thought for two seconds how odd it is that the Founders of Heroica come back from the goddamn dead at the same time the Houses all just fold?" Atramor shook his head and put his hand on the paladin's shoulder. "I know ya' think you're tryin' to restore order, but there are things goin' on here that none of us can see. We need these two to help us piece together what's happened. Look 'round, mate. Every person standin' with us is a hero of Heroica. You'd better believe we wouldn't be doin' this unless we had a damn good reason. Forget ya saw us. May not sit right with ya', but this is for the best."

Heroicaquest85-geezard
"Stay down old man, you and your cronies had your time to mess things up well enough."

He looked sideways at the Town Watch guard. "That old man and I have worked with Cap'n Patricia more times than I care to count. She still in charge? Or has she conveniently been deposed as well, like every damn leader in the city?"

Should his negotiations fail, Atramor is more then prepared to protect the Veterans by force, if necessary.

Edited by CMP

9 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I can't help it but see enemies all around me. It just my paranoid nature and my desire not to lose. 

6 hours ago, Alfadas said:

A bigger problem might be to get our stuff back from mister Ogre over there. 

Maybe I can do something about it...

3 hours ago, The Legonater said:

*sniped*

At this point I don't think it matters where I go or with who. 

1 hour ago, UsernameMDM said:

@Zepher @CMP@K-Nut

I don't know what you are talking about. Giving Hoke a look: I hope you know where I am going with this... 

39 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Heroicaquest85-geezard

I believe you two said something about going home? Then as Germ try to pass the two, he said someone might say in an intimidating way. I hope you two are not the type, to tell someone to do something at the same time prevent said someone from do what they are told. I would hate to tell your supervisors what potential poor officers you could be, hypothetically of course. 

On 1/5/2018 at 2:57 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg

I believe this should help get my stuff back, along with my "friends" stuff too. As Germ hold out 11 Gold to the bouncer ogre. 

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham snorts, but smiles. "Yeah, well, looks like it might just be time to prove that."

"The Copper Fox taught me how the be a Warden, I owe him for that at least."

Throlar turned back to face the two men at the door.

"I know I might be wrong, and that I might be siding with the wrong people, but I honestly don't believe that." he said, downing his Soma and his Mulled Wine (and a Mead if he was included in the round Atramor ordered earlier). He then removed his Lion's Plate and equipped his Robes of the Kappa Master and his Counterstrike Gloves, pulling on the latter as dramatically as he could manage.

"I am not letting you take these men."

(If Throlar still has his shields then he will also equip his Weathered Shield in place of his Shield of Invisibility.)