Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 10260 - Downtown Diner

Discover a place where music is on the menu!

Drop in at the LEGO® Creator Expert 10260 Downtown Diner, where you’ll discover a healthy portion of fun and surprises. This impressive model features removable building sections for easy access to the detailed interior, which comprises a ground-level 1950s-style diner with a large curved front window, red bar stools, jukebox, counter and an open-plan kitchen. The mid level has a gym with boxing ring, punching bag and weight training room, while on the upper-level you’ll find a recording studio, complete with vocal booth, mixing desk and a refreshments cabinet. The facade of the building features pink-and-teal Streamline Moderne styling with a large ‘DINER’ sign. Other external features include arched windows, balconies and a staircase, plus a pink convertible car and a detailed sidewalk, complete with mailbox, parking meter, flowerpots and a streetlamp. This incredible collectible toy has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and charm. Includes 6 minifigures.

• Includes 6 minifigures: a chef, waitress, boxer, rock star, manager and a bodybuilder.
• The 3-level Downtown Diner comes with an array of brick-built details, including a detailed facade with pink-and-teal Streamline Moderne styling and a large ‘DINER’ sign, external staircase, arched windows, drainpipe, balconies, decorative roofline, opening skylight and a rooftop terrace, plus a detailed sidewalk with a mailbox, parking meter, flowerpots and an ornate streetlamp. This set also includes a pink 1950s-style convertible.
• Ground level features 1950s downtown American diner styling with a large curved front window, red barstools, benches, jukebox, candy machine, counter, 2 soda dispensers, and a kitchen with a coffee machine, stove and a cooker hood.
• Mid-level features a gym with a boxing ring, punching bag, weight training room, water dispenser and a wall clock.
• Upper level features a recording studio complete with vocal booth, soundproofed walls, mixing desk and a refreshments cabinet.
• Take a ride in the stylish convertible and head for a diner where fast food and music are on the menu.
• Help the chef prepare the fastest food in town while the roller-skating waitress lines up the orders.
• Drop in at the gym for a couple of rounds in the boxing ring or a good workout on the punching bag.
• Open the skylight and eavesdrop on the making of a hit album.
• Accessory elements include roller skates, guitar, golden record award and a buildable barbell.
• Remove the building sections to access the detailed interior.
• New decorated elements include a decorated door, album cover, lots of teal-colored and pink-colored elements, and a dual-face minifigure with singing and smiling expressions.
• Special elements include new flower stalks and flower heads, plus 1x3 ‘jumper’ plates, 2x2 plate with 2 studs and a minifigure torso with boxing gloves.
• Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Building series 10243 Parisian Restaurant, 10246 Detective’s Office, 10251 Brick Bank and 10255 Assembly Square.
• Measures over 13” (34cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep.

10260 Downtown Diner
Ages 16+.  2,480 pieces.
US $169.99 - CA $219.99 - DE 149.99€ - UK £129.99 - DK 1399.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country.  Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
January 1, 2018 via
shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center: 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center: 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center: 00-800-5346-1111            

LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2018 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.

26945062119_4b0ffe9287_b.jpg

38688573242_4e6b211bb7_b.jpg

38688574192_deff19bf43_b.jpg

38688572382_39f24338ec_b.jpg

26945056029_b46c11b4c5_b.jpg

38720541561_7a7689ea35_b.jpg

38688574902_e3dc07b44d_b.jpg

38720553251_b0e116d939_b.jpg

38688577142_901dfa20b0_b.jpg

38688577032_bdca85c1d4_b.jpg

24847864608_55ef05e9af_b.jpg

38688576792_9e09ba1687_b.jpg

38688576562_e4e53e5357_b.jpg

38720551011_4d660d5641_b.jpg

38720550611_2416a5ccbc_b.jpg

38720550141_8e7883bd29_b.jpg

38688575772_20217a02da_b.jpg

38720549351_c6030357e7_b.jpg

38688575462_7ddddc34bd_b.jpg

38720548401_d88d0ca513_b.jpg

38688575212_65b263f456_b.jpg

38720547801_859b53b35b_b.jpg

26945054729_8c9105807d_b.jpg

26945055479_b0ed1b3d0a_b.jpg

37833292415_d47ea61375_b.jpg

26945054299_4a25b4dac9_b.jpg

38720540451_c9bbfa17b0_b.jpg

24847867468_e248d9783f_m.jpg38003581784_a6579864c3_m.jpg24847867188_5820e9abd2_m.jpg24847866248_109dbc5bdc_m.jpg24847865598_c9c594c767_m.jpg24847865138_7741615473_m.jpg

Just now, Robert8 said:

I'm starting to think the leaked pic was real :look:....

It sure looks that way :laugh:

At first glance I thought it looked a bit plain, but after a closer inspection I actually quite like the theme it has going. This is basically Grease in Lego form. I did not care for Assembly Square, but this is much more fun. Depending what else 2018 has in store there is a good chance I will pick this one up.

Just now, Sammael said:

Uh, the colors of these images are completely messed up from the officially released ones.

yeah too hard if you know what i mean

• The spiral staircase in the back is great!
  • The boxing ring is cool.
  • The roof is clever.
  • The parking meter is a great addition.
  • The oven hood is a great part usage.
  • The recording studio walls are great!
  • The lack of symmetry on the juke box is annoying, that must be a building mistake.
    tn_10260_Front_Callout_02_jpg.jpg
Edited by JopieK
Removed spam link.

Just now, cmwcampbell said:

What is TLG thinking...this clashes horribly with the old-world aesthetic of the entire modular line to date. Ugh, what an eyesore.

Ugh was exactly my thought. Just unappealing on so many levels.

Did they employ a designer fresh from the Friends line? For example, compare that ridiculously awful pink DINER sign with the POOL hall neon of the DO. 

I thought AS was a disappointment but this goes further. None of the the subtle charm of previous modulars that we've been spoilt with over the years.

3 minutes ago, Sammael said:

Uh, the colors of these images are completely messed up from the officially released ones.

Yes, this isn't even close to what it should look like.
Compare these with the ones over at Zuzammengebaut.
No idea what filter was used here, but especially the dark turqoise is way off.

Set is brilliant, though! Nice to know we have something new to build during the winter.

I think this set is brilliant.

What I like is how different it is from all the previous sets. Yes, it may look misplaced in a modular street, but it might appeal to people not otherwise interested in modular buildings. Finally, we have a good example of a modern building. Personally, I really like how it's completely new, and I like some of the building techniques like the sideways white curved facade at the top of the first floor. The colors are also a deviation which I like. Dark pink may not have been my first choice for the lettering, but I like the combination with white and aqua (or what color is it exactly?)

Just now, Erik Leppen said:

I think this set is brilliant.

What I like is how different it is from all the previous sets. Yes, it may look misplaced in a modular street, but it might appeal to people not otherwise interested in modular buildings. Finally, we have a good example of a modern building. Personally, I really like how it's completely new, and I like some of the building techniques like the sideways white curved facade at the top of the first floor. The colors are also a deviation which I like. Dark pink may not have been my first choice for the lettering, but I like the combination with white and aqua (or what color is it exactly?)

We established it as dark turqoise (colours of these pictures is way off); not used very often, and only recently reintroduced with a Friends set.
I love that colour, and I'm glad we will get some more parts in it, now.

Thank god we had the Old Fishing Store. After the Brick Bank, my modular shelf was full anyway.

Edited by Lucarex

Glad to have finally seen the pictures. Pretty weak all over IMO. The one set a year I look forward to and it feels pretty 'meh'. I'm a big fan of and have built many Art-Deco/Streamline MOCs and I do alot of study into the architecture before and whilst building and this modular just feels lacking in technique and interest. The top two floors in tan are seriously lacking. It would of been a good chance to do a more interesting colour to reflect the period, the windows and lintels are dull and the roofline is not much better. I'd much rather they had continued the whole theme of the white/teal/pink all over as part of a corner rather than filling it with this bland tan/black/grey combo.

For me the car is a waste of space - looks a bit too chibi for my liking. I'd rather they used the pieces for some other details - perhaps the interior. The diner seems okay but the floors above seem like an afterthought. Lacking in any interesting details - the minibuilds look very uninspiring.

It's not ALL bad though - I prefer normal minfigure smiley faces but the ones they have selected are nice, I can still get normal smileys from Bricks and pieces. The minifigure torso's are decent too. The teal colour I wouldn't say no to either, not sure how much is downstairs but it could come in useful for something. The price is decent for here in the UK for the amount of pieces.

Personally I think it would of been a better building as a complete corner set, much of the side stairs and 'eyebrow' are probably going to get 'lost' when connected up against another building. I think this diner concept would of been much better suited being a two floor building with a tall downstairs with a mezzanine floor with more tables and perhaps 'memorabilia' on the other walls and then an apartment above.

I still haven't purchased AS but looking at the last three modular buildings in a row, it seems quite a big come down compared to AS from last year. I'd be interested if anyone can truly say that this is 'progress' or that 'modulars just keep getting better'. I think the modular buildings sell well no matter what so maybe they don't even have to try very hard thesedays.

A lot of negative comments so far. I’m not sure what the fuss is all about.... Personally I think it looks like a great set and I love the 1950’s charm of it. It’s certainly different and stands out from many of the others and I think that’s great. Why not mix it up a little?

Sue me, but I like it a lot. Much, much more than I originally thought I would. Love the whole 50ies Rock'n'Roll vibe it gives off, and of course a recording studio is just right up my alley. Lots of great details in there aswell, the interior of the diner looks amazing!

Only truly negative points I can make out:

- completely unnecessary and ugly car (they at least should've included Homer Simpson if they're gonna give us a convertible version of his car...)
- ugly modern minifig heads. BOOOH!

Just now, 22kane said:

A lot of negative comments so far. I’m not sure what the fuss is all about.... Personally I think it looks like a great set and I love the 1950’s charm of it. It’s certainly different and stands out from many of the others and I think that’s great. Why not mix it up a little?

It happens with every modular, if I recall correctly, so take that for what it's worth.

This is a distinctive build with lots of nice details, colours, and parts, as usual. There's all kinds of good things about it, such as the overhang and the stairs which would bring a good bit of depth/relief to a street front.

2 minutes ago, 22kane said:

Amen brother! Exactly how I feel about it.

Just now, RogerSmith said:

Uhm, just noticed: Why is this tropic in the Special Lego Themes section when all other modular discussion always was in the Town forum?

Creator Expert series, so I figured it belongs here. But if the others are in Town, I would be happy to move the topic.

For Doctor Who fans, the Diner aspect is very good, it'll make a good Clara's TARDIS. I personally quite like it.

Overall I really like it, I personally think they should have done printed faces earlier in modular buildings.

But, I can understand the criticism about maybe this would have made a better corner building.

I'm getting strong vibes of the game Fallout here, very future-retro and I love it. I haven't really collected the modular buildings at all and I can see how this really takes on a different aesthetic, but for those who said this might do well at attracting non-modular buyers you are certainly right.

But I really do not like that car at all.