MAB

21314 - LEGO® TRON: Legacy

13 hours ago, Maple said:

The Women of NASA was $25 and that's tiny. This set will probably be $50.

And frankly, the Ultra Agents bike looked fine to me and was only $20.

There’s no way this is 50. It’s smaller than the DeLorean and that was £35 here in the UK. This will be likely 30 

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

There’s no way this is 50. It’s smaller than the DeLorean and that was £35 here in the UK. This will be likely 30 

Anymore than $29.99 in the United States would just be plain ridiculous. This has to be no more than three hundred parts from the looks of it, right?

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

You are right. The first picture I saw was blurry. The new one these things are tiny. The $20 NinjaGo bikes look bigger / better than this. I need to see if I have the Ultra Agent bike because it's 100 times better than these tiny mess of a set.

I think the price will be $35-$40. Yeah it's smaller than the Delorean, but it's also several years later so inflation and LEGO just ripping everyone off.

The set looks great! Honestly I think this design looks much better than the original submission, it was way too chunky. I'm glad we are getting 3 figures and 2 bikes, hopefully it will be reasonably priced. Hell if it sells well enough, we might even get a few more sets from this theme like we did with Ghost Busters. It would make sense for LEGO to utilize the license. The data disks aren't quite what I had imagined. Everyone kept saying they should use Nakia's Chakrams but honestly those are too thin and too big. I personally was hoping they would use the lightsaber hilts from the Inquisitors but a printed 2x2 round tile with a hole in it is probably the best solution. I'm curious as to why Tron's is so thick though. I guess he has 2 disks while Flynn only has 1? That would make sense as Tron used 2 in the movie. I'm confused as to why Quorra has one of Lloyd's Scimitars but oh well. Can anyone tell what she is holding in her left hand? I can;t really make it out.

14 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The set looks great! Honestly I think this design looks much better than the original submission, it was way too chunky. I'm glad we are getting 3 figures and 2 bikes, hopefully it will be reasonably priced. Hell if it sells well enough, we might even get a few more sets from this theme like we did with Ghost Busters. It would make sense for LEGO to utilize the license. The data disks aren't quite what I had imagined. Everyone kept saying they should use Nakia's Chakrams but honestly those are too thin and too big. I personally was hoping they would use the lightsaber hilts from the Inquisitors but a printed 2x2 round tile with a hole in it is probably the best solution. I'm curious as to why Tron's is so thick though. I guess he has 2 disks while Flynn only has 1? That would make sense as Tron used 2 in the movie. I'm confused as to why Quorra has one of Lloyd's Scimitars but oh well. Can anyone tell what she is holding in her left hand? I can;t really make it out.

I personally think the disc piece is great, and i think quorra is holding her identity disc

Lego semi officially revealed the tron Set. The posted a video showing the two light cycles and saying coming soon. The video clearly shows the printed circle 2 by 4 with a hole in the center

Well, after seeing the teaser video, I might be re-sold as a must-get, hopefully official images soon.

In the teaser video, Sam is shown with hair so I hope the set comes with hair as well. In fact, I want all three characters to have both their hair and helmets, but I bet they will cheap out for the 'girl'. Please let tron have his tron face and not an unprinted head.

1 hour ago, badbob001 said:

In the teaser video, Sam is shown with hair so I hope the set comes with hair as well. In fact, I want all three characters to have both their hair and helmets, but I bet they will cheap out for the 'girl'. Please let tron have his tron face and not an unprinted head.

From what we've seen in leaks, your hopes are correct on all three counts. Sam does also have hair, Quora has only her hair, and Tron (a.k.a. Rinzler) has a face, but it's a rather generic stock print.

I am sure thy are using PUNS, but they did say Clu on their Facebook page. "We changed the algorithm on this one…need a Clu? Coming soon!" I would love this set sell really well beyond they expected like Ecto-1, enabling them to justify doing a companion set staring Flynn, Clu and Tron in Retro attire. That would be awesome and small enough for us to buy without breaking the bank. 

Ghostbusters and Minecraft notwithstanding, most licenses obtained for Ideas sets seem to be one-and-done, never turning up in other LEGO offerings (save for LEGO Dimensions, and that's no longer getting new packs; for most of its life it had little chance of getting Disney stuff anyway). I therefore wouldn't expect much in the way of large sets for this, though of course one never knows.

That said, if and when LEGO ever offers a second Disney Minifigures series, TRON seems a strong candidate for inclusion, if the series has anything from live-action properties (which is a big double if, obviously). Of course, even if that happened, it's possible the only TRON character(s) included would be one(s) already in this set, just with different designs, but still...

I am already looking forward to Tron’s release. It looks better than I expected and I welcome this new latest LEGO Ideas with great anticipation. 

8 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

That said, if and when LEGO ever offers a second Disney Minifigures series, TRON seems a strong candidate for inclusion, if the series has anything from live-action properties (which is a big double if, obviously). Of course, even if that happened, it's possible the only TRON character(s) included would be one(s) already in this set, just with different designs, but still...

There's also the possibility of BrickHeadz sets being done, because, why not? :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

There's also the possibility of BrickHeadz sets being done, because, why not? :shrug_oh_well:

I have no idea who you that CLU :D

I would buy them first day!

The LEGO Facebook page posted a signing event for the Tron set for March 29 and the official set release on Saturday, March 31. 

Over on Instagram from a certain user, there's what looks like to be a closeup of the rear of Sam's Lightcycle from a official set image. The rear wheel has a clip built into its construction to attach a Trans-Light Blue panel part portraying a light trail.

41 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Over on Instagram from a certain user, there's what looks like to be a closeup of the rear of Sam's Lightcycle from a official set image. The rear wheel has a clip built into its construction to attach a Trans-Light Blue panel part portraying a light trail.

It's a nice touch, and I'm glad I won't have to mod the set to incorporate that feature.

It appears that the wheels to the light cycle are hollow. We may be able to use the curved tiles instead of the dish. The more images I see the better I like this set. I am happy to see that the set comes with a light trail. I cannot expect it to come with a display stand, unless they do something similar to the Ecto-1 set. I plan on building a nice display for it. Surely this set is going to release official images this week. We are two weeks away from launch. 

The set has been officially revealed by Lego themselves! It releases March 31st for 35 bucks

Edited by Falconfan1414

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The set has been officially revealed by Lego themselves! It releases March 31st for 35 bucks

The price isn't too great, but it's worth it for the exquisite parts and minifigures. Rinzler in particular is excellent.