Dark Green Inn, Port Wilks...

38431919346_30aa71632b_z.jpg

Myles Bowditch leaned back comfortably in his seat.  The Fog Breaker had just dropped in at the ETWC's new settlement of Port Wilks earlier that day, and was now riding at anchor in the harbor, though Myles was hoping to be back out and continuing his trade run to Weelond with the morning tide.

26711984109_0e4303c673_z.jpg

The Winged Shield Inn, or Dark Green Inn, as those that stopped by often expressively called it, was one of the first buildings to be built in the settlement, and was certainly quite well-frequented by those that had settled there and sailors who stopped in at the port.  It was a capital place either to get a good meal or to find a comfortable bed for the night.

38487835391_54f7e1f796_z.jpg

Myles was just getting on to the end of his meal when a commotion was heard outside, the door burst open...

38487823861_1e2528735b_z.jpg

And Captain Whiffo strode in, looking and sounding very much like his usual self.

26712026159_36dee5db04_z.jpg

Expectant glances and a few winks passed around the room.  Whenever Captain Whiffo strode in to such a place, one could be sure of a good, adventure-filled tale before the night was out.

38487882191_36fb7902f7_z.jpg

He stepped up to the counter.  "Your largest glass of chocolate, mate," he whispered to the master, who winked back at the well-known Captain.  Then Captain Whiffo turned around, and, spotting Myles sitting at the table by himself, pulled up a small stool and joined him.

37772638484_1ffe95c42c_z.jpg

"How do you do, my dear Captain?" Myles inquired. 

"Quite well, mate, quite well," replied Captain Whiffo, but grinning over mysteriously at the same time.

38456078612_84f532f45d_z.jpg

Just then, an old acquaintance of the Captain's caught sight of him, and, waving, stepped on over.

38432074066_23da552486_z.jpg

"Why good day there, my old Captain Whiffo!" exclaimed his ex-first mate from many a year ago - "It's been far too long since I've caught the sight o' you!  How goes it?"

The master of the house came up and handed the Captain a large tankard of hot chocolate, and, seeing that the Captain was about to begin a tale of some sort or another, stayed by to listen.

38487951601_b5891a94ee_z.jpg

"Oh!  I've been through quite the lot of it since I've last had you in my deadlights, mate!" exclaimed the Captain.  "I tell ye, it's a long, thrilling tale of adventure, duels, piratical villains, and rivaling trade companies from the beginning to end!"

24616017338_f8fe7c2dbd_z.jpg

A bit of a crowd by now had gathered around the little group - and even the strange fellow over in the corner who Myles had noticed earlier perked up and looked attentive.

38487720581_2b6d40464f_z.jpg

"Well then," began the Captain mysteriously, taking a draught of his chocolate and placing the tankard back down on the table, "here goes for the tale of Captain Whiffo's Duel..."

26712166449_b186ebf1ea_z.jpg

To be continued...

A few more pics:

38487748931_d8e5dddc65_z.jpg

The counter: 

26712204939_c9675a19ff_z.jpg

A closeup of one side:

38487997481_6beb33e047_z.jpg

The waiter:

38432155846_0f77a8d6c0_z.jpg

And a final overview:

26711945499_3415d4a1f9_c.jpg

Well!  I've had this build in the works for quite a while (and this storyline planned for even longer!), and I hope it's been worth the wait!  I figured that a large inn would be a good place to start for any settlement, and since my duel with TitusV was supposed to have happened quite some time ago (back in March, or thereabouts), I thought it would be a good idea to play it out as a story from the Captain instead of as if it was happening at the moment.  Titus and I (especially me :laugh:) have got a whole storyline to roll out here in the next few... months? :grin: ... so keep your eyes peeled for the next few sections, hopefully to come soon!

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome as always! 

Beautiful interior Garmadon, I love the spacious feel!  Great choice of colors and all the details, furniture, stairs, etc, look really good.  Feel sorry for the hanging pig though. :pir-laugh:

Looking forward to the rest of the story!

I know my pubs, and that is a quality establishment!

The colours chosen work together well, I love the dark green and reddish brown combo! The interiors construction is great, same for the windows and the stairs. The minifigs and all those different scenes depicted really bring the room to life. All in all an awesome build!

Having an inn as the very first building in a settlement shows your prioirities... :tongue:

Brilliant colourscheme. The semi-arched window-thing is just fantastic. Great chairs, tables, staircases, and so much well-placed stuff lying around. The shots of it being a 100%-Lego-scene are amazing. I'd love to see a shot of the whole MOC. :-) 

Amazing work, your efforts were well worth it.

What an amazing build! Nice job Garmadon. The interior scene is really really well made, great minifigs posing, great furniture, and great writing.

Probably one of the best interiors we have seen here yet - and that's saying something as some of your previous have been pretty good! The colours and sheer size are impressive, and there are way too many great details to list, although I will give a special mention to the shot of the mysterious stranger sitting in the courner, I love that shot! Good concept to tell the story as a series of... well stories! Great job and I look forward to more!

First off: MONKEY!

The forest green and wood are a perfect combination to give your bar a classy look.  That chair design is innovative too (consider it "stolen").  Oddly enough though, I kept coming back to the interior lamp; I really like it.  Great MOC and and look forward to the story-line.

BTW, what set did the minifig portrait come from?

Wow, lovely!

First of all, I really like the name of the inn (quite fitting), and these lanterns are so gorgeous :wub: 

Second: the overall build is just wonderful! Loveing the dark green and tudor works, as well as the stairs, and the balconry, and...

Third: you've got me wondering where this story is leading...

Lastly: I want a glass of hot chocolate too! :drool: 

Thanks all! 

On 11/18/2017 at 10:58 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Wow, this inn is really nice with numerous lovely curves !... the furniture are masterpieces (so are the stairs !! )

Thanks Professor!  As a general rule, the more curves and angles, the merrier! :pir-grin: :pir-laugh:

On 11/18/2017 at 11:30 AM, Kai NRG said:

Beautiful interior Garmadon, I love the spacious feel!  Great choice of colors and all the details, furniture, stairs, etc, look really good.  Feel sorry for the hanging pig though. :pir-laugh:

Looking forward to the rest of the story!

Thanks Kai, glad you like them, and I'm happy the chairs turned out fairly well in the pics!  Had to get the island's signature pigs in there somewhere, you know! :laugh:

On 11/18/2017 at 5:34 PM, Drunknok said:

I know my pubs, and that is a quality establishment!

The colours chosen work together well, I love the dark green and reddish brown combo! The interiors construction is great, same for the windows and the stairs. The minifigs and all those different scenes depicted really bring the room to life. All in all an awesome build!

Having an inn as the very first building in a settlement shows your prioirities... :tongue:

It's hard to go wrong with dark green - except when it comes to not having enough of it!  I was hoping to be able to build it up to where I could get more of a second story in, but the dark green collection was starting to really run dry :grin:  Minifigure posing and story-telling is a lot of fun (though it makes photography take quite a bit longer :pir-grin:), and I love getting those stairs in wherever I can manage it :pir-sweet:  Thanks mate!

And :pir-laugh:

On 11/19/2017 at 7:04 AM, Elostirion said:

Brilliant colourscheme. The semi-arched window-thing is just fantastic. Great chairs, tables, staircases, and so much well-placed stuff lying around. The shots of it being a 100%-Lego-scene are amazing. I'd love to see a shot of the whole MOC. :-) 

Amazing work, your efforts were well worth it.

Thanks mate!  It took me quite a while to come up with a window design I liked here, but you'll probably be seeing more of this design from me now! :grin:  I figured an All-LEGO interior scene would be a neat challenge - and in some ways easier than an outdoor one too! :laugh: - and I'm glad you like it!  Thanks again!

Oh, and here's that shot of the full build - or rather, the closest thing to the full build that I've got (only a tiny bit on each side isn't in the picture):

38516090032_56c3fb1640_z.jpg

Now that I think of it, I don't think much of that balcony really made it into the pics at all - I need to get a bit more dark green! :pir-grin:

On 11/19/2017 at 8:26 AM, Bodi said:

What an amazing build! Nice job Garmadon. The interior scene is really really well made, great minifigs posing, great furniture, and great writing.

Thanks Bodi, glad you've enjoyed it!  I hope to be getting out more of the story soon! :pir-sweet:

21 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Probably one of the best interiors we have seen here yet - and that's saying something as some of your previous have been pretty good! The colours and sheer size are impressive, and there are way too many great details to list, although I will give a special mention to the shot of the mysterious stranger sitting in the courner, I love that shot! Good concept to tell the story as a series of... well stories! Great job and I look forward to more!

Thanks a lot, Ayrlego!  The size and shape of this was actually inspired by my brother's exterior All-LEGO scene, which got me thinking to do something somewhat similar with an interior scene - rather long and low, and with a good deal of depth of perspective.  And yes, I was liking that stranger too - I think we'll be seeing more of that odd fellow sometime or another! :pir-grin:  Glad you like it, I'll do my best to deliver!

17 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

First off: MONKEY!

The forest green and wood are a perfect combination to give your bar a classy look.  That chair design is innovative too (consider it "stolen").  Oddly enough though, I kept coming back to the interior lamp; I really like it.  Great MOC and and look forward to the story-line.

BTW, what set did the minifig portrait come from?

You know I can't miss out on any chance to get that monkey in there - especially not in the first build of a new ETWC settlement! :laugh:  Thanks mate!  I needed a chair design that I could multiply a good number of times, so I had been keeping my eye on those window pieces to see if I could get to use them in there!  And you can blame Kai for that lamp being there - she insisted on my getting some interior lighting :grin: 

That part was from the good old Medieval Market Village :pir-wink:

9 hours ago, TitusV said:

Wow, lovely!

First of all, I really like the name of the inn (quite fitting), and these lanterns are so gorgeous :wub: 

Second: the overall build is just wonderful! Loveing the dark green and tudor works, as well as the stairs, and the balconry, and...

Third: you've got me wondering where this story is leading...

Lastly: I want a glass of hot chocolate too! :drool: 

:grin: Thanks Titus!  Looking forward to what you've got up your sleeves as well! 

Well then, I'd better get to building that next chapter... :pir-grin:

Sorry to be late to this thread. The build is marvelous! It really looks like a great place to settle in for a drink. The color combo works wonderfully. My favorite details are the chairbacks and the staircase. And I must echo Ayrlego that the mysterious stranger is my favorite pic in the whole post; something about the tilt of the hat on the head, and the choice of head at that. Glad to see Port Wilks taking shape, and looking forward to more of the story! :thumbup:

If Capt Wolf is late, I am the epitome of arriving after the party is over. :laugh: There is a ton of stuff to love in this build and the usage of windows for chair backs is one of my favorites. The color scheme definitely sets the right mood though I know I could never build that (I have maybe six of that color block.) The Snot tables are nice but I would like to see them a little taller so the chairs have some room to fit under them. I am loving that staircase and will have to swipe it when I have a chance.

Beautiful looking pub indeed! Dark green and reddish brown never fails to look amazing.

The angles of the windows looks really nice and the mining posing is excellent.

Great pics as usual too! One day I'll learn how to use focus properly too :D

9 hours ago, Elostirion said:

By the way: That's Guy K Wyndzon sitting lonely at his table, right?

I think that is just the hair piece, the rest of the minifig does not match. But maybe @Garmadon wanted to show him in a different outfit?

On 11/20/2017 at 6:20 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Sorry to be late to this thread. The build is marvelous! It really looks like a great place to settle in for a drink. The color combo works wonderfully. My favorite details are the chairbacks and the staircase. And I must echo Ayrlego that the mysterious stranger is my favorite pic in the whole post; something about the tilt of the hat on the head, and the choice of head at that. Glad to see Port Wilks taking shape, and looking forward to more of the story! :thumbup:

Thanks Capt!  Yes, dark green and brown (especially if you can throw some dark brown in there two) pretty much is always great!  Glad you like them, and I've got plans for that fellow! :pir-grin:  Thanks, I'll do my best to keep on building up the settlement! :pir-sweet:

On 11/21/2017 at 1:07 PM, SilentWolf said:

If Capt Wolf is late, I am the epitome of arriving after the party is over. :laugh: There is a ton of stuff to love in this build and the usage of windows for chair backs is one of my favorites. The color scheme definitely sets the right mood though I know I could never build that (I have maybe six of that color block.) The Snot tables are nice but I would like to see them a little taller so the chairs have some room to fit under them. I am loving that staircase and will have to swipe it when I have a chance.

:grin: Thanks mate, glad the chairbacks seem to have worked - I've got enough of those that you'll almost certainly be seeing those again! :laugh:  Actually, the tables are just tall enough that the tiled chairs do slide under them nicely (but the ones with studs and figs on them don't, of course!)  The front two chairs are tucked in there in this picture, for instance:

24616017338_f8fe7c2dbd_z.jpg

It is true that the center of the tables do prevent them from being pushed in all the way, though - I'll look into seeing if I can fix that next time I use them! 
Feel free!  I'd love to see it showing up in a build from you! :pir-sweet:

On 11/22/2017 at 10:07 AM, Puvel said:

Beautiful looking pub indeed! Dark green and reddish brown never fails to look amazing.

The angles of the windows looks really nice and the mining posing is excellent.

Great pics as usual too! One day I'll learn how to use focus properly too :D

Thanks Puvel, glad you like it!  Ha, ha, thanks!  I'm sure you will - Kai's having an awesome camera certainly helps with that! :laugh: :grin:

On 11/22/2017 at 7:21 PM, Elostirion said:

By the way: That's Guy K Wyndzon sitting lonely at his table, right?

On 11/23/2017 at 4:49 AM, Drunknok said:

I think that is just the hair piece, the rest of the minifig does not match. But maybe @Garmadon wanted to show him in a different outfit?

Well, actually, it was a coincidence, as Drunknok mentioned - I hadn't thought of that :pir-grin: :pir_laugh2:  Could be though, I suppose!  Who can say no to a nice ETWC inn? :tongue:

26 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

...Well, actually, it was a coincidence, as Drunknok mentioned - I hadn't thought of that :pir-grin: :pir_laugh2:  Could be though, I suppose!  Who can say no to a nice ETWC inn? :tongue:

Why in fact, he doesn't look much at all like Guy to me... :pir-grin:

38487997481_6beb33e047_z.jpg

32169082685_66584dc69c.jpg

On 11/27/2017 at 2:18 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Very fine interior. And the story starts ... and stops  - and now?

Waiting!  :laugh:

:grin:  Thanks Captain!  

And no need to wait any longer - next part here!  (Well, actually, I suppose, you still have to wait for the part after that, and the part after that, and the part after that... :pir-laugh:)