Bregir

Celestia’s Superb Orchid - Era II, Challenge I RESULTS POSTED

1 hour ago, Legostone said:

@Drunknok we have a level of judges in the court (who obviously can't decide on their own stuff). Looking at past Challenges that has worked well so far.

I see. To me that seems to be quite intransparent, but if it works it works.

As a follow-up question: when can we expect the results for this challenge? I checked the previous ones, and the timeframe differed widely, from around ten days or two weeks to more than six weeks.

Oh wait... the deadline is tonight? *huh*  And I was sure it was tomorrow... well, might just be posting a few story builds then. :cry_sad:

24 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Oh wait... the deadline is tonight? *huh*  And I was sure it was tomorrow... well, might just be posting a few story builds then. :cry_sad:

How far are you? Can always see if its still "today" in some place in the world :pir-wink: 

6 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Get it up as soon as possible. I have suggested a grace period in court, as the 30th vs the 31st seems begging for confusion. (I got super stressed last night too, realising it was not the end of the month....)

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

Get it up as soon as possible. I have suggested a grace period in court, as the 30th vs the 31st seems begging for confusion. (I got super stressed last night too, realising it was not the end of the month....)

Oh thanks ! I thought the deadline was the 31 ! ! :pir_wacko:

I have my entries to post ! Will do it quickly then... :pir-sing:

29 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

Oh thanks ! I thought the deadline was the 31 ! ! :pir_wacko:

I have my entries to post ! Will do it quickly then... :pir-sing:

So far no opposition in the court, and if anyone wants an explanation as for why it was extended 30th - I had just picked 15 days as a nice round number to suggest to add to the deadline and nobody complained or wondered :pir-wink:. Just post your entries now, I'm sure we'll figure this out (I think we had this issue before, didn't we?)

Well, my entry(ies) won't be ready until well into the afternoon anyways, but I'll just leave it up to the court anyways, it was my bad - I had actually made a note of it as the 30th, but just kept thinking of it as "the end of the month." :laugh:  It's fine with me however it goes, my main motivation for this challenge is a cast of characters I've got for it, and that can carry over beyond the deadline anyways.  Though of course it would be nice to compete!

Besides tbh an extension for those of use that didn't notice is hardly fair for those who did and rushed to be done in time.  So don't feel like you've got to bend the rules for me! :wink: 

Based on leadership consensus I hereby declare the official deadline end of January, anywhere in the world. So there is stil a little time.

Existing entries can be edited up to the deadline too, of course.

31 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Based on leadership consensus I hereby declare the official deadline end of January, anywhere in the world. So there is stil a little time.

Existing entries can be edited up to the deadline too, of course.

GREAT !

Thank you very much ! I am posting right now !

Just a friendly reminder to all: Can you please post your Category A entries in the Jameston Thread with what they are licensed as, it helps me a lot! I think I have managed to capture most of them, but there are a few missing or that I am unsure about. Thanks!

A huge thank you to all who have built for this challenge, especially Category A. The settlement of Jameston has been enriched by the diversity of fantastic builds. I will be sure to attempt to return the favour during the upcoming challenges for each other faction.  Cheers!

Just wanted to thank you all for the many great entries, of which I have not had the time to really comment - hopefully, I will be able to do so during the upcoming voting process!

It would have been great to see more non-corlander entries, but the general turn-out is pretty nice. I only hope Corrington can keep up the activity level in the following challenges, hosted by our brethren nations! :)

Not a challenge entry anymore, but unfortunately we did not see many entries (if any at all) featuring the living natives of Celestia. I hope some motivated builders out here will help me explore them, their culture and their fate further. Despite the challenge being over. :-) 

Native Huntsmen, Celestia

39429668564_87cf3bb3cd_m.jpg

6 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Not a challenge entry anymore, but unfortunately we did not see many entries (if any at all) featuring the living natives of Celestia. I hope some motivated builders out here will help me explore them, their culture and their fate further. Despite the challenge being over. :-) 

Native Huntsmen, Celestia

39429668564_87cf3bb3cd_m.jpg

Well, I for one will keep further exploring Celestia with Reinhard - exactly for the reason to feature more of the ruins and natives. During the challenge I simply have not had the time for that, as my entries worked better without including natives.

On 2/7/2018 at 7:46 PM, Bregir said:

... I only hope Corrington can keep up the activity level in the following challenges, hosted by our brethren nations! :)

You'd better be! I struggled building that Orchid in time to honor your Challenge and our friendship! :laugh:

So... How's judging going? It has been a little bit. If you need more time that's fine, but I'm excited for the next contest. :blush: