GrahamSlam

Next UCS Set

On 08/09/2017 at 3:29 AM, JayCal said:

Although everybody is tired of Hoth (especially after 75098), I would love to see a $350-$400 AT-AT.

Yeah I would be keen in that. Especially if the inside somewhat reflected the specs - speeder bikes and troops

On 26/09/2017 at 12:15 PM, LipSmack said:

Just throwing this out there, but I would love a UCS Jabbas sail barge or palace

Was just thinking the same thing - Jabba's Palace / Rancor Pit - the old one looks terrible, looks more like Duplo than Lego. But a UCS version with the excellent modern styling going into recent UCS sets... could be a winner. I'm not even that interested in Play Sets but I think this could make a great one.

Jabba's Sail Barge - now that I would buy.

The Tantive IV - I don't find it an attractive design, but if done correctly, I'd buy it. Same goes for the Y-Wings...... those bits at the rear of the engines make it seem fragile - I hate fragile Lego!

That's why the B-Wing was always such a cr*p toy when we were kids, awkward design, couldn't put it down easily.

A-Wing looks too small and featureless... I don't even rememberer it from the movie. Also not sure I like red in Star Wars ships - it's why I'm not so keen on the Venator.

So tell me learned UCS experts - are you saying Lego only release 2 UCS sets per year?? Is the Falcon all they will do to celebrate 40 years this December of A New Hope?

Why don't they release UCS sets in time for xmas sales? Or is October what that is?

:)

1 hour ago, Malthus101 said:

Was just thinking the same thing - Jabba's Palace / Rancor Pit - the old one looks terrible, looks more like Duplo than Lego. But a UCS version with the excellent modern styling going into recent UCS sets... could be a winner. I'm not even that interested in Play Sets but I think this could make a great one.

Jabba's Sail Barge - now that I would buy.

The Tantive IV - I don't find it an attractive design, but if done correctly, I'd buy it. Same goes for the Y-Wings...... those bits at the rear of the engines make it seem fragile - I hate fragile Lego!

That's why the B-Wing was always such a cr*p toy when we were kids, awkward design, couldn't put it down easily.

A-Wing looks too small and featureless... I don't even rememberer it from the movie. Also not sure I like red in Star Wars ships - it's why I'm not so keen on the Venator.

So tell me learned UCS experts - are you saying Lego only release 2 UCS sets per year?? Is the Falcon all they will do to celebrate 40 years this December of A New Hope?

Why don't they release UCS sets in time for xmas sales? Or is October what that is?

:)

we also had a snowspeeder this year  :hmpf_bad:

(so we already got 2 this year)

Yeah we typically get one in May and one Sept/Oct.

A new ISD is top of my wish list, but I think they'll need to let people's wallets recover after the falcon, as it would likely be a similar price.

Would also love a new tantive. I'm surprised we didn't get a rebels version after it featured heavily in that. (Not UCS scale).

I only collect OT sets, and I'm sure there are many like me, so if they start making UCS sets from PT I think they would miss out on a lot of sales. Sort of proved that the Jedi interceptor set flopped massively.

On 9/26/2017 at 3:15 PM, LipSmack said:

Just throwing this out there, but I would love a UCS Jabbas sail barge or palace

I can't see Jabba's Palace being revisited any time soon. Not after the controversy surrounding the last one because it offended certain cultural sensibilities. And don't expect to see  a Slave Leia minifig again. 

3 hours ago, will said:

A new ISD is top of my wish list, but I think they'll need to let people's wallets recover after the falcon, as it would likely be a similar price.

Would also love a new tantive. I'm surprised we didn't get a rebels version after it featured heavily in that. (Not UCS scale).

I only collect OT sets, and I'm sure there are many like me, so if they start making UCS sets from PT I think they would miss out on a lot of sales. Sort of proved that the Jedi interceptor set flopped massively.

You cant even call it "after" the Falcon, not even during next year. The next 2 years at least will be in the light of the Falcon that will most likely become available for everyone who wants it because of more and more supply.

I definitely wouldnt expect other UCS sets during that time which will go much over 2k pieces.

20 minutes ago, BigEl said:

I definitely wouldnt expect other UCS sets during that time which will go much over 2k pieces.

Prepare to be amazed as they put our wallets to the test with a 4000 piece Star Destroyer, 3000 piece Cloud City and 8000 piece Jar Jar Binks statue!

9 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Prepare to be amazed as they put our wallets to the test with a 4000 piece Star Destroyer, 3000 piece Cloud City and 8000 piece Jar Jar Binks statue!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by StormtrooperEll

7 hours ago, Markalus said:

I can't see Jabba's Palace being revisited any time soon. Not after the controversy surrounding the last one because it offended certain cultural sensibilities. And don't expect to see  a Slave Leia minifig again. 

What happened? I haven't heard this story.... :)

8 hours ago, will said:

Sort of proved that the Jedi interceptor set flopped massively.

Man I can't wait until May! I was hoping for something new this Christmas, 40th anniversary and all, you'd think they might release 4 UCS's to celebrate each decade. Perhaps not!

I just looked at the Jedi Interceptor - IMHO opinion, it flopped because the model is awful! How can that even be called a UCS set? What makes it so? Looks basic as hell, just with a UCS placard.

676 pieces?! The last Imperial Shuttle 75094 had 937 pieces and wasn't even a UCS set. It was fantastic.

So what were last years 2 UCS sets? The Slave 1 and.........?

I only picked up the Slave 1, Sand Crawler and TIE Fighter last year so my brain is trained for a never ending supply of high quality UCS sets! Bad habit.

Now I'll have to turn my attention to Creator sets instead while I wait for UCS sets... : \

9 hours ago, allstyles said:

we also had a snowspeeder this year  :hmpf_bad:

(so we already got 2 this year)

You forgot BB8 :classic:

5 hours ago, StormtrooperEll said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about a 12000 piece Anakin head with removable Vader helmet with a chip in it that goes Noooooooooo!!!!! when you take the helmet off it.. :laugh:

10 hours ago, Malthus101 said:

What happened? I haven't heard this story.... :)

This happened: 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news-room/2013/january/reaction-to-criticism-of-lego-star-wars-product

As for Slave Leia:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/11/04/disney-pull-star-wars-slave-leia-merchandise/

I'm not going to give my 2 cents, don't want to get ban! Just want to help you out!!

Jamie

I thought the last sail barge they did was pretty good. It's a pretty boring looking ship in general, not really UCS worthy IMO. I'm going to go with Star Destroyer and maybe Tantive IV, but I think it will be Y Wing instead, which I guess I'm okay with.

15 minutes ago, jamie75 said:

"More of a ‘quietly sweep the rest under the carpet’ kinda thing,” Campbell said. "

Ah! Just like Google does with videos it doesn't like on YouTube now... IT'S NOT CENSORSHIP! They are just 'out of harm's way'.

Revisionists around other questionable "facts" of the 20th Century can go to jail for years for even suggesting alternative views... but when companies like Disney or Google want to rewrite history, no problem.

What an Orwellian Hell we are nose diving into.

AS for the criticism of the Palace.... no surprise who was complaining there.... lol. And we should care?

Anyway............

Tell me UCS experts - which Death Stars were more popular...

10143 Death Star II or the more playable ones with all the rooms inside? I'm not drawn to the playable ones but DS2 looks pretty cool - would it be likely they ever release one like DS2 again as a UCS set?

And what about the motorized AT-AT? It's quite impressive that it can walk and it was popular when it was released.

Detailing is crap though and it's too small compared with some amazing MOCs out there!

I'm sure Lego has better ways of doing things these days... what are the chances of a UCS AT-AT, as large as decent MOCs and with motorized legs?

That would be pretty damn sweet.

(and if it already has electrics for the motor, why not install some LEDS too? It's about time)

31 minutes ago, Malthus101 said:

Anyway............

Tell me UCS experts - which Death Stars were more popular...

10143 Death Star II or the more playable ones with all the rooms inside? I'm not drawn to the playable ones but DS2 looks pretty cool - would it be likely they ever release one like DS2 again as a UCS set?

Death Star 2 is a great display set

I would quite like to see a highly detailed lightsaber as a UCS set...........would be a nice change from a ship...

I just bought Jabba's Sail Barge 75020 - £160.

Could be last time we see that Leia configuration.

Don't like the front detailing though... needs a UCS refresh but if Disney are going to get all politically correct about her slave costume.... it'll never be good.

A UCS, minifigure scale sail barge would be dope. It'd be shorther (length) and thinner than the new MF, but a lot taller. 

Interior detail, a desert skiff (or two) and a better Sarlacc pit. Awesome candidate for one of the large UCS.

21 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

A UCS, minifigure scale sail barge would be dope. It'd be shorther (length) and thinner than the new MF, but a lot taller. 

Interior detail, a desert skiff (or two) and a better Sarlacc pit. Awesome candidate for one of the large UCS.

Definitely.

Bur if it doesn't have Leia in slave costume with a chain around her neck.... I'd consider it a failure.

Look at the last Sandcrawler - I imagine that level of detail and excellence but in Sailbarge form! It would be an awesome UCS contender for sure... ;)

And the FULL-ROSTA of figures this time!!

An AT-AT is obviously long over due.  However, given the size it would need to be, I don't think they would release a set that big and expensive that soon after the new MF.  The Y-wing seems a logical choice. 

16 hours ago, Schneeds said:

An AT-AT is obviously long over due.  However, given the size it would need to be, I don't think they would release a set that big and expensive that soon after the new MF.  The Y-wing seems a logical choice. 

An UCS AT-AT is something I wanted too. But, as someone who has built one, I don't think Lego will ever make one. It was a pain in the @$$. So many issues!! If they do make one it will be smaller like Anio's. Not minifig "scale" like cavegod's.  

2 hours ago, jamie75 said:

An UCS AT-AT is something I wanted too. But, as someone who has built one, I don't think Lego will ever make one. It was a pain in the @$$. So many issues!! If they do make one it will be smaller like Anio's. Not minifig "scale" like cavegod's.  

Apparently Cavegod's is 2 x minifig scale.

This guy copied CG's and made his own version, that is true minifig scale - I think it's awesome, especially the interior detailing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=59&v=FMmFUOBz6w0

Lego need to get onto this ASAP.

I mean, if strength and stability and weight are the key issue, just build some custom plastic pieces, or use Technics parts, that build a solid frame for the whole thing that everything else is built around. The core of the legs don't need to be actual lego pieces, they can just clad the outside. Can't be that hard!