On 31/01/2018 at 2:31 PM, allanp said:

Apparently the 42080 has a new two way valve! I was already sure it had a new valve, but a two way valve? Hmmmm. In real world pneumatics the current valve would probably be classed as a 3 port 3 way valve as it had 3 pneumatic ports and three positions (up, down and blocked, although in reality it's actually an infinite number of possible positions between up and down). Three ways would be the minimum this new valve has, so by 2 way, do they mean something other than the number of positions it has? Or is it just what they are calling it? Also, reports from toy fair says the head is "automated" so to me that means it does more that just open and close, or does it? I dunno. Hmmmmm.

Two way means opening or closing a cylinder. Two outputs plus a neutral position which is not a "way" as its... neutral and doesnt allow any movements. 3 ports doesnt mean 3 ways, but one air input and two outputs.  "Old" valve is two way and nothing is going to change about that with the new one.

Sadly Lego is releasing this new piece in a rather mediocre model, i'll have to wait for a better set to get them.:sadnew:

Thankfully this part is not a game changer, old valves are not going to be obsolete.

On 31/01/2018 at 3:04 PM, LvdH said:

It will be much easier to integrate into Technic mocs. You won't need any space to the left or right of it. Can't wait to get these!

If the new valve is "axle hole only", its not that compact :/

I hope for a mutltiple connection hub like the PFS switch or the old 9V electric pole reverser.

23 hours ago, Akbalder said:

One lever per function or one for everything?

like the 42009 then. A bad thing in my opinon because 42082 dont look very inovative, just a different scale. I was expecting a two way gear box for each function, like the 42042 :hmpf_bad:

I'll save a lot of money then, but i hope the description is wrong.

22 hours ago, jwarner said:

Do I smell RC pneumatics?

Never in a Lego official product.

13 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Am intrigued as to how they've done the blade spinning.

manual knob

12 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think the new valve should have an internal clutch mechanism around the axle hole.

I dont think.

Edited by Timoonn

25 minutes ago, Timoonn said:

Never in a Lego official product.

Definitely not, but an internal axle hole will make pneumatics much easier for MOCers to control by remote as opposed to having to motorize the actual switch itself.

Does the 42082 use 3 x 11 plates or 5 x 11 plates on the boom settle the debate once and for all :sadnew:

7 minutes ago, ctx1769 said:

Does the 42082 use 3 x 11 plates or 5 x 11 plates on the boom settle the debate once and for all :sadnew:

Its already been settled a couple times in the past few pages, and it's like I said a month ago, is 3x11 panels, and the regular 3x5 dogbones.

I just looked at the leaked images, and wow I am just stunned, especially after the lackluster 2017 lineup, other than the extreme adventure set imo.  All of those summer sets look like must haves for me, especially that crane! Wow it's beautiful.  And if the rumored price of 230 euro is true I'd be even more shocked.  I love that the volvo loader has the huge bucket and huge new tires, so you don't have to shell out for the front loader from a few years ago or have to buy the expensive off road tow truck to get those parts.  And it's been a while since we've had a forklift.  This looks like everything I could want from a technic wave.

Edited by TheRacker

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

That other set is pretty obscure, so yes, I was right. Er. More or less. :grin:

2 hours ago, TheRacker said:

I love that the volvo loader has the huge bucket and huge new tires, so you don't have to shell out for the front loader from a few years ago or have to buy the expensive off road tow truck to get those parts.  And it's been a while since we've had a forklift.

I still plan to snag 42070 at a decent price, but yes, I agree on the Volvo Autonomous; it looks like a combination of some of the best recent elements of the Technic theme, and is top of my list. And everyone loves forklifts. :wink:

Hi guys, the new Lego model that Volvo Autonomous, do you have any idea what is the name of the real model? I have never seen such loader in my life. I was searching on google graphics but couldn't find anything like that :/

5 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

Hi guys, the new Lego model that Volvo Autonomous, do you have any idea what is the name of the real model? I have never seen such loader in my life. I was searching on google graphics but couldn't find anything like that :/

Hi Jaromir,

first of all welcome to Eurobricks forum. so far we so not know exact name but there are several prototypes for testing purposes of hybrid autonomous vehicles by Volvo construction equipment like on this video 

7 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Hi Jaromir,

first of all welcome to Eurobricks forum. so far we so not know exact name but there are several prototypes for testing purposes of hybrid autonomous vehicles by Volvo construction equipment like on this video 

Thank you for the answer and very warm welcome. :)

First post for me, luving seeing this technic talk and on new sets!

Where are the leaked images? I have googled but found nothing!

8 minutes ago, Jaromir said:

Thank you for the answer and very warm welcome. :)

You from Lord of the Rings?! :laugh: 

Welcome to EB!!

6 minutes ago, lee1980 said:

First post for me, luving seeing this technic talk and on new sets!

Where are the leaked images? I have googled but found nothing!

Hi. Welcome to you too.

One comment though; thou shalt not ask for leaked images here on EB :wink: 
(that is frowned upon)

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Welcome to EB!!

Hi. Welcome to you too.

One comment though; thou shalt not ask for leaked images here on EB :wink: 
(that is frowned upon)

Thanks ah ok, sorry will keep looking.  Is there like major privacy over them, as Tamiya were at Nurmeberg and seen lots a pics from that everywhere!

2 minutes ago, lee1980 said:

Thanks and how do i add a signature on here?

You mean at the end of your post? Nope. But you can create a fixed footer, like I have.

PS when you have 10 posts, you can start sending PM's. At that point people might send you some prelim image :wink: 

ahhh i see of for yours it calls it a signature with option to hide it.

I have seen some now googled it thanks.

Hello there new here like Jaromir, I am a bit confused I thought Lego had stated that they would not be displaying sets to be released after july 31st so how come all the technic sets were present? 

That was for the London toy fair. They did display them at the German toy fair however.

10 minutes ago, BigFudge said:

Hello there new here like Jaromir, I am a bit confused I thought Lego had stated that they would not be displaying sets to be released after july 31st so how come all the technic sets were present? 

I am not aware of such statement. I know they changed the photography rules and this change would be useless if there weren't any models.

Welcome btw!

Just now, allanp said:

That was for the London toy fair. They did display them at the German toy fair however.

Ahhh. Cleared that one up. Thanks Allan.

More details from Promobricks, translated via Google:

42079 Forklift Truck, RRP 49,99 Euro

Unfortunately we can not say much more about the forklift, the B-model was unfortunately not visible. Functions are as expected a (rear) steering and a movable fork.

42080 Forest Harvester, RRP 129,99 Euro

I could take a closer look at the harvester. As already written, here is a lot of pneumatics installed. This raises and lowers the arm and with a small cylinder, the wood between the rollers is clamped so that it can be cut off with the large cutting disc. 
The air pressure comes from a motorized pump, which is located in the rear of the vehicle.Steering is by articulated steering, the vehicle consists of two parts with two axles. The new two-way valves have a hole for a cross-axis, so you can control the valves and thus the functions with a black gear knob. The valves are also designed to provide finer control than previously available. Incidentally, the B model is a timber transporter with a crane and grapple for the wood.

42081 Volvo Autonomous, RRP 119.99 Euro

The Volvo has no engines and is operated completely manually. With small gears the bucket can be tilted and the arm moved up and down. Of course, the steering also works, in addition, the counterweight in the rear can be moved by spindle. For the drone, there is a landing possibility on one arm. The B-model is an autonomous tipper, also with drone.

42082 All Terrain Crane, RRP 229,99 Euro

We have already written a lot about the crane, it continues to be one of the highlights for me. The boom can be extended over a length of 1 meter and then also lift a lot, it was demonstrated at the fair with wall elements made of Technic bricks, these are also included in the set. The chassis has four-wheel steering. 
I'm looking forward to the B-model just as much as to the crane itself. On the package is a self-propelled drill bit or a drill bit and as I could see, the tower can be lowered and the drill moved.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Well what do you know, perhaps he has brother (Boromir) ?

46 minutes ago, Huaojozu said:

More details from Promobricks, translated via Google:

I am wondering (and pardon me if the question is a stupid one) but can the crane rotate? and if so is this a PF? I read some speculation about this but as far as i can tell no-one who has attended the toy fair has commented on this.

The valves are also designed to provide finer control than previously available.

YAAAAY hopefully this will help prevent people complaining that their cranes drop too fast!

am wondering (and pardon me if the question is a stupid one) but can the crane rotate? and if so is this a PF?

I think I read one report from the toy fair that said rotation (slewing) was motorised, can't remember where now though.

Edited by allanp