That's new picture, right?

No, it was on page 30-32 link.

I see the axle connector in brown!

7 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

No, it was on page 30-32 link.

There's no such picture there.

Edited by dimaks13

2 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Im hoping the rear axle has a diff, but i cant quite make it out...

It is very difficult to say,just look over the left rear tire. There is enough width to fit inside anyway

Edited by I_Igor

...at least it has two cylinder flat engine...but engines are now also in other themes like this set - Mining Heavy Driller (60186)

Edited by I_Igor

Having seen Jang's review of the two pull-backs, I'm puzzled as to how that exploding engine feature got past play testing. It works so poorly and does so little, in contrast to something like this from the Racers line it seems quite unspectacular.

Also the designs seem quite poor, the huge gaping hole in the front end of Bash! especially.

4 hours ago, vectormatic said:

The trans boat-stud in the bed puzzles me, it looks like some HOG kind of thing,

First I also thought - why they made separate HOG knob, but then I found this picture

42075-4.png

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Problem is, that got them in trouble in the early 2000s when it diluted the Technic brand

What themes did the merge/drop then? I was in my dark ages and can't figure it out!

Just now, Jurss said:

First I also thought - why they made separate HOG knob, but then I found this picture

Now question remains what are pins inside rear compartment?

Just now, I_Igor said:

Now question remains what are pins inside rear compartment?

On that top view image orange pieces are visible there.

18 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

On that top view image orange pieces are visible there.

...so pins are used to prevent usage of that pin holes

38 minutes ago, tgrbailey said:

What themes did the merge/drop then? I was in my dark ages and can't figure it out!

Sets like 8279 and 8457 were Technic sets in the early 2000s; they were motorized vehicles that would have belonged better in Racers, but the theme hadn't been invented yet. Blakbird himself says that 8279 was practically a Racers set. Same with the Speed Slammers and some other sets. Also, some of the Racers sets around that time used Technic parts and functions. 2002 is notable, here; there were no new Technic sets but lots of Racers sets with Technic parts. In fact, the first fully studless sets were in the Racers line.

Racers came to an end in 2012, and in 2013 the pullbacks came out, probably due to some math in the financial department in Billund. I'm just guessing there, though.

19 minutes ago, Leewan said:

The instructions for the sets 42071, 42072, 42074 and 42084 are listed on Brickset. (:

Shame the instructions of the First Responder aren't up - we need to know what those pins are for! :grin:

Are there bigger images on Internet? So far I could not find any usefull images of 42075 to see if it has rear differential, or just one wheel drive *huh*

...and there is no new image of 42077

Edited by I_Igor

Just now, I_Igor said:

Are there bigger images on Internet? So far I could not find any usefull images of 42075 to see if it has rear differential, or just one wheel drive *huh*

There should be, but there's some error on pages of some sets on the site where I've found those so I couldn't get 2000x2000 ones. 

7 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

There should be, but there's some error on pages of some sets on the site where I've found those so I couldn't get 2000x2000 ones. 

On 2000x2000 resolution we could finaly see if it has differential at rear or not

If you look at this image 42075-4.png

It looks like there is a differential with 28 tooth bevel gear turned to left side. Of course there is always a posibility that combo of shadow an part color makes full of us, but hope dies last...

Just now, efferman said:

Looks smaller than 28z. A 20z bevel gear perhaps.

Could be, I could not measure and compare it to 49.5 tire. If you are right then first responder has only rear left drive. I do not believe that LEGO would introduce new small differential in such small set, despite best possiblity offered here...