Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I highly doubt it would be microscale. The only reason Hogwarts is is so it could be a scale replica of a famous building, Diagon Alley definitely wouldn’t sell as well, it’s not iconic enough or architecturely interesting enough for it. And besides, these building are clearly just placed next to each other rather than in a set street scene

The mods cut off replies on the Star Wars discussion thread because people were talking about Cloud City (only the most highly anticipated SW set this year). Anyone know of any other Star Wars 2018 discussion threads where we’re actually allowed to discuss Lego Star Wars?

Good spot indeed! If it really is an upcoming seti, i reckon this will be where we get a few missing figures. The left middle building could be the book shop. It would make sense to include Lockhart, Lucius and Ginny figures.

I am hoping for a small shop that is Magical Menagerie or Eeylops Owl Emporium :grin:

Talking about DA; check this one out:

On 8/17/2018 at 9:48 AM, Scarilian said:

A D2C system scale Diagon Alley would be great. Ideally an updated version of '10217 Diagon Alley' which originally had 2025 pieces. Double the piece count and having three buildings similar to '10255 Assembly Square' which had 4002 pieces. Include the the option to seperate them and re-organise them and fans would easily buy it. Picture '10255 Assembly Square' but with Ollivanders on the left, Gringotts in the middle and Weasley Wizard Wheezes on the right :)

9 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Has anyone noticed that in the video of the D2C appears in the back at 4:30 a D2C Diagon Alley, where it is blurry the purple Weasley twins store with orange windows and some more buildings? Edit; And Gringotts bank on the left!! So there is from Left to the right --> Gringotts, Ollivander's, a Green small shop, a Red small shop and The Weasley's shop

44109305581_2764a5e30c_z.jpgDiagon Alley D2C by Etel Enzos, en Flick

Called it? :P

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The mods cut off replies on the Star Wars discussion thread because people were talking about Cloud City (only the most highly anticipated SW set this year). Anyone know of any other Star Wars 2018 discussion threads where we’re actually allowed to discuss Lego Star Wars?

Well, this is a Harry Potter discussion topic so :shrug_confused: Chances are discussion was stopped because people have been wanting a Cloud City set for ages but until something comes up it just falls into the line of a wishlist.

Edited by Scarilian

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would say it's the most anticipated SW set in the last almost decade. It's the holy grail of Lego. Future Lego Star Wars Sets would be a good thread to take a look at. 

Getting back on track with Diagon Alley, I see a release date close to Christmas could happen. If I remember correctly back in 2011 the last Diagon Alley was released around the Holiday season by itself and not of a particular wave. Maybe the same idea here. There is precedent. The problem is getting hands on it could be very hard. That would look very nice under the Christmas tree...

Edited by RODDY

Wow!  That Diagon Alley looks amazing even out of focus in the distance!  I'm already dreading how much that will cost, seeing as (at least from the perspective it looks like it could be bigger than Assembly Square and could easily be comparable to Ninjago City in terms of piece count.  

I can identify Gringotts, Ollivanders, and Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, and I'm guessing that the small green shop is meant to be Flourish and Blotts, and that the red one is Quality Quidditch Supplies, though I'm not certain.

50 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Called it? :P

Well, this is a Harry Potter discussion topic so :shrug_confused: Chances are discussion was stopped because people have been wanting a Cloud City set for ages but until something comes up it just falls into the line of a wishlist.

Yeah I know this is Harry Potter I was just trying to figure out where else to go for Star Wars. And the Hogwarts Castle D2C wasn’t confirmed by Lego until the press release, but we knew it was coming so we still discussed it

If that set is actually coming out then I don’t think it’ll be as soon as December. That would be two HP D2C sets within 4 months. I think it’s more likely it could come out next summer. 

49 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I would say it's the most anticipated SW set in the last almost decade. It's the holy grail of Lego. Future Lego Star Wars Sets would be a good thread to take a look at.

Thanks, I’ll take a look!

10 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Hey Guys,

Has anyone noticed that in the video of the D2C appears in the back at 4:30 a D2C Diagon Alley, where it is blurry the purple Weasley twins store with orange windows and some more buildings?

Edit; And Gringotts bank on the left!! So there is from Left to the right --> Gringotts, Ollivander's, a Green small shop, a Red small shop and The Weasley's shop

[Snip]

Holy cow, keen eye! If we do get this as a set, we could see new versions of the Weasley twins, which have been greatly been overdue in my collection for years!

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

If that set is actually coming out then I don’t think it’ll be as soon as December. That would be two HP D2C sets within 4 months. I think it’s more likely it could come out next summer. 

Way too early for minifigures to leak from a Summer set. Ollivander is the key to all of this.

Edited by RODDY

It's only a matter of time before an updated Diagon Alley comes out. I'm actually hoping for a summer 2019 release; give the fans the opportunity to get the current sets available. IMO, too much all at once might actually be a bad thing.

36 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Way too early for minifigures to leak from a Summer set. Ollivander is the key to all of this.

Ollivander leaked in April or something. That’s way too soon for a minifigure from a December D2C set to leak. 

41 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Ollivander leaked in April or something. That’s way too soon for a minifigure from a December D2C set to leak. 

No it's not. Boba Fett leaked in January and Cloud City is out in September. 8 months. Ollivander in April and add 8 months and you got December. It's like poetry it rhymes ;) I expect more minifigs leaks in October

Edited by RODDY

Thanks everyone who reported the off-topic posting in this thread :thumbup: There are plenty of places on EB to ask what's up with a thread being locked (Forum Information and Help, for instance) that don't involve butting into and derailing a different theme discussion thread.

While there isn't much to go on with the Diagon Alley, because like I said it could just be a MOC or sketch build for a model that isn't going to happen, seeing both a Diagon Alley and Ollivander fig is conspicuously coincidental. Let the speculative discussion continue!

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

No it's not. Boba Fett leaked in January and Cloud City is out in September. 8 months. Ollivander in April and add 8 months and you got December. It's like poetry it rhymes ;) I expect more minifigs leaks in October

I still don’t think it’s coming that soon after Hogwarts and I feel like we would’ve heard about another D2C coming out. Maybe it isn’t a Lego exclusive and it could just be a big $130-150 set coming out on January 1st or something. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I still don’t think it’s coming that soon after Hogwarts and I feel like we would’ve heard about another D2C coming out. Maybe it isn’t a Lego exclusive and it could just be a big $130-150 set coming out on January 1st or something. 

Let's remember that no one knew about the Hogwarts Express until it the official press statement. Lego can be very quiet with their sets sometimes. And alot of people didn't buy the microscale Hogwarts because of its scale. This would be a way to placate them. And DA seems to be quite the unit my guess is $250 with 3000 pieces. Gringott's and the Weasley Emporium look pretty big on their own. I  think everything is pointing at December. 

Edited by RODDY

The Diagon Alley from the background looks good, very modular buildings esque :thumbup:. Professor Lockhart makes his first appearance in DA, so maybe we might even see him here? 

13 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t think it looks big enough to be another D2C? Yes it’s big, but it looks quite flat. I’m just expecting it to be a large set in a regular wave.

It definitely looks like a facade to me. I would think it is more like Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown - 76108 than a modular building.

It really would not surprise me if it was nothing at all, and just a MOC someone in the office had worked on being used as something colourful and interesting for the background of the video. 

I’m not sure if it’s due to the camera they’ve used. But watching the clip with the Diagon alley set, it does actually look like a micro scale type build. You see the womping Willow Set in the foreground and it certainty makes it look small. And the top had of the Weasley character looks suspiciously like a minifigure too hat, and the dome on grindgots looks like either the 4x4 or 6x6 dome...

2 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

It definitely looks like a facade to me. I would think it is more like Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown - 76108 than a modular building.

It really would not surprise me if it was nothing at all, and just a MOC someone in the office had worked on being used as something colourful and interesting for the background of the video. 

I wouldn’t be so sure, all the other sets seen are either from the current wave or the development process of Hogwarts. This wouldn’t be the first time Lego have shown a future set in on of these videos, they did it with the Helicarrier 

It's weird every way you slice it :wacko: The Ollivander minifig is quite a big clue that this might be a real set, but then again the minifig leaked way too early and TLG probably wouldn't release two D2C sets in the same theme back to back (apart from SW that is). Yet, why would they release Ollivander in a random book or a polybag if they can save him up for a Diagon Alley set? The model in the video prooves that they were at least considering one...

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It's weird every way you slice it :wacko: The Ollivander minifig is quite a big clue that this might be a real set, but then again the minifig leaked way too early and TLG probably wouldn't release two D2C sets in the same theme back to back (apart from SW that is). Yet, why would they release Ollivander in a random book or a polybag if they can save him up for a Diagon Alley set? The model in the video prooves that they were at least considering one...

I think it’s a mistake to presume this is a D2C. I don’t know what everyone else is seeing but the set could easily be similar in scale to the previous, and granted that was a D2C, but it could easily just be a £120 sorta set, maybe a retailer exclusive