----

August 1st Release: 

75954: Hogwarts Great Hall - $99.99

• 878 pieces 
  • Press Statement: 
Spoiler

75954 Hogwarts Great Hall

878 pieces | $99.99 USD | $129.99 CAD | Available August 1, 2018

Welcome to magical adventures at the Great Hall at Hogwarts!

Build and recreate magical scenes from the Harry Potter movies with this detailed 4-level LEGO Hogwarts Great Hall play set, featuring a fireplace, benches, tables and reversible house banners, plus a tower with a spiral staircase, potions room, treasure room, sorting hat, Mirror of Erised and lots of assorted magical artefact accessory elements. Includes 10 minifigures and buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, plus Hedwig and Scabbers figures.

Includes 10 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy, Susan Bones, Professor McGonagall, Professor Quirrell with dual Lord Voldemort face, Hagrid, Albus Dumbledore and Nearly Headless Nick, plus buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, and Hedwig and Scabbers figures.

Features the buildable Great Hall and a tower.

The Great Hall features tables, head table with seats, fireplace, 2 reversible house banners and 4 ‘floating’ candles, food (turkey leg, ice cream and a small cake) brooms, trophy cup and a teapot

The 4-level tower features movable Grand Staircase spiral steps at its base, potions room, treasure room with chest and a turret featuring the Mirror of Erised with changeable pictures and roosting spot for Fawkes.

• Also includes a boat with hanging lantern.
  • Place the pupils in the boat and sail to Hogwarts Castle.
  • Help Hermione and Susan create magical potions.
  • Feast in the Great Hall, then use the sorting hat to select the pupils’ houses!
  • Welcome the new students with Hagrid, Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall.
  • Use the magic wands to pitch Harry against Draco in the Dueling Club!
  • Swoop Fawkes into battle and help Harry battle the giant Basilisk serpent.
  • Gaze into the Mirror of Erised with Ron and change the picture.
  • Turn Quirinus Quirrell into Lord Voldemort by rotating his head!
  • Recreate iconic scenes from the Harry Potter movies.
  • Accessory elements include 7 wands, 3 tumblers, umbrella, lantern, broom, sorting hat, cauldrons, potions, candles, 2 wizard brooms, food, trophy, teapot, chest and a spider.
  • Build even bigger adventures and combine with 75953 Whomping Willow.
  • Hogwarts Great Hall measures over 14” (37cm) high, 6” (17cm) wide and 11” (30cm) deep.

26428061078_015573ab94_b.jpg

26428060438_7b73b4943a_b.jpg

26428059708_a656634a9c_b.jpg

75953: Hogwarts Whomping Willow - $79.99

Press release

Spoiler

Travel to Hogwarts castle with Harry and Ron in the flying Ford Anglia but watch out for the LEGO® Harry Potter 75953 Hogwarts Whomping Willow! Too late—the flying Ford Anglia has crashed and is caught in the branches. Make your escape and sneak into Hogwarts before caretaker Argus Filch and Professor Snape spot you. Run to the dormitory, jump into bed and get ready for your first day back of learning spells, mixing potions and lots more fun Harry Potter adventures.

• Includes 6 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Seamus Finnigan, Argus Filch and Severus Snape, plus a Hedwig owl figure.
  • Features the buildable Whomping Willow tree, Flying Ford Anglia car and Hogwarts castle section.
  • Whomping Willow features spinning branches and the Shrieking Shack tunnel entrance.
  • Flying Ford Anglia features 2 opening doors and an opening trunk with suitcases.
  • 3-level Hogwarts castle section features a gate, parapet walk, 3 turrets, dormitory with 2 beds, potions classroom with worktable and Severus Snape’s office.

75953-2.jpg75953-1.jpg75953-1.png75953-3.jpg

75955: The Hogwarts Expresss - $79.99

Press release

Spoiler

All aboard the LEGO® Harry Potter 75955 Hogwarts Express! Vanish through the brick wall on Platform 9 3⁄4 at King’s Cross station and join Harry, Ron and Hermione on their journey to Hogwarts. Find your seats in the carriage and get a chocolate frog from the Trolley Witch, but watch out for the Dementor! Luckily, Remus Lupin is at hand to cast a powerful spell and shield Harry from the terrifying creature, so you can get back on track for more magical Harry Potter adventures.

• Includes 5 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin and the Trolley Witch, plus Dementor and Scabbers figures.
  • Features the iconic King’s Cross Platform 93⁄4 and Hogwarts Express train.
  • Platform features a railway bridge with a clock, steps that lead to a moving brick wall entrance, newspaper stand with 2 Daily Prophet newspapers, and a ‘Wanted’ poster.
  • Hogwarts Express train includes a carriage with 4 seats, removable side panel and roof, plus the Trolley Witch with sweets trolley.

75955-3.jpg75955-1.jpg75955-1.png75955-7.png75955-8.png75955-12.png75955-9.png75955-2.jpg

75956: Quidditch Match - $39.99

Press release

Spoiler

Jump on your broom and enter the LEGO® Harry Potter 75956 Quidditch Match! Join Harry, Hermione and Professor Snape for some magical mischief, and experience the thrill as you fly through the Gryffindor house tower hatch and onto the pitch. Score a point by throwing the Quaffle past the keeper and through the ring! Fire the Bludger to knock your opponents off their brooms and catch the Golden Snitch to win the match! Whether you’re a Keeper, Seeker, Chaser or Beater, there’s always plenty of fast-action fun at the Quidditch Match!

• Includes 6 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Severus Snape, Oliver Wood, Lucian Bole and Marcus Flint.
  • Features Gryffindor house tower with an opening hatch, Slytherin house tower with a pop-up fire spell function, Ravenclaw house tower with a removable megaphone element, Hufflepuff house tower with scoreboard, and a base with 3 goalposts and rings, moving Keeper function and Bludger stud shooter.

75956-3.jpg75956-13.jpg

75956-15.jpg75956-14.jpg75956-4.jpg75956-5.jpg

Yes, they are coming. From what I heard they're Fantastic Beasts sets, but I could be that my source misunderstood. Maybe it's a combination of both, but I suppose SvL can clearify that. 

Just now, Sir von Lego said:

I am not familiar with Fantastic Beasts. Is it something with a "Harry" in it?

We will definitely getting sets with HP himself.

It's the spinoff from the HP franchise. It already has some Dimensions sets and gets a new movie in the fall next year. But HP sets are better than FB so I don't mind ;) 

8 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Are these sets in set number only, that is, black placeholder boxes?

Yes! I've been waiting for so long for this theme to be revived. I missed out on most of them and they go for way to much money online. I really hope they will include the older books/movies again since the first 2 really deserve an update (they were still yellow). I also hope they take some inspiration from the books like they did with the first waves (we got Peeves). I can't wait to hear some details about it in the future.

I really hope this isn't a miscommunication because I would love some HP sets again, Fantastic Beasts or otherwise.

Please, please re-release Hogwarts Express! I will be forever happy if they do that! [And a CMF would be dream come true!]

This would make me so happy! I loved the most recent HP line very dearly. Got every set except for the Hogwarts Express. (Yes, still kicking myself over that one.) Hope especially with a CMF line they could release a lot of missed out on characters, like Tonks, Slughorn, and Kingsley. Plus modern versions of characters only in the older sets like Mad-Eye, Tom Riddle, Lockhart, Umbridge, Krum, Trelawney, Sirius, Peter Pettigrew, the list goes on and on...

Undoubtedly if this is true a D2C Hogwarts must be in the works.

I'm happy that HP is coming back, the theme always had quality sets and I enjoy the movies. :classic:

I currently have a MISB 2010 Hogwarts Castle, should I sell it before the new sets are announced? I'm leaning towards no but advice would be appreciated.

34 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

I'm happy that HP is coming back, the theme always had quality sets and I enjoy the movies. :classic:

I currently have a MISB 2010 Hogwarts Castle, should I sell it before the new sets are announced? I'm leaning towards no but advice would be appreciated.

I would say no, personally. I think they're best when displayed together. Plus it will still appreciate in value even if they release another. 

Sell that thing.. I sold mine last week. Look at previous sets the 10188 death star is worth little since the new one and look at the 10179 falcon as it declines in price as there is "something big coming"  

I'm so hyped for this! Lego ditching Harry Potter years ago was a bad move in my opinion. They covered a lot, but there's still so much more they could have done.

I'm still waiting for a UCS Hogwarts though, is that still in the pipeline or just a pipe dream?

If Harry Potter is coming back, are the sets entirely based on the original Harry Potter story or Fantastic Beasts?

Awesome! There's a lot of content they didn't cover in the 2010 reboot, so hopefully we'll being seeing that in this upcoming wave.

11 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

I am not familiar with Fantastic Beasts. Is it something with a "Harry" in it?

Thanks for the info!
Harry Potter himself will not be in any fantastic beast sets, since he is not born yet. The 5 movies will take place from 1926-45, HP is born in 1980 :classic:

Personally I think they will release sets from both HP and FB, like they do with star wars something new and something old..
Really looking forward to this; HP sets (probably FB sets) and maybe a CMF series and a big D2C set:wub:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Thanks for the info!
Harry Potter himself will not be in any fantastic beast sets, since he is not born yet. The 5 movies will take place from 1926-45, HP is born in 1980 :classic:

Personally I think they will release sets from both HP and FB, like they do with star wars something new and something old..
Really looking forward to this; HP sets (probably FB sets) and maybe a CMF series and a big D2C set:wub:

Hell, Tom Riddle wasn't born when FB starts. My hope is that they mix HP into the CMF line, or at least give us some cracking 1920's prints and hair pieces. Still can't believe they're making a pentalogy out of FB.

7 hours ago, thereallegoboy said:

Sell that thing.. I sold mine last week. Look at previous sets the 10188 death star is worth little since the new one and look at the 10179 falcon as it declines in price as there is "something big coming"  

those are re releases ( well death star at least) whereas a new version of Hogwarts will be precisely that.