Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

11 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Hey y'all!  Anybody else coming/at BW this year?  I think Phred, Capt Wolf, and MKJ (saw your ship there today, mate - that thing is pretty big!) were planning on being there, right?  Kai and I'll be there with the Innovalug team, though unfortunately neither of us have got any BoBS stuff on display :pir-cry_sad: :pir-grin:  I'm the guy running around with the coat and the gold sash (and maybe an eyepatch too, we'll see :grin: :laugh:).  Would love to get to meet/hang out with any BoBSers who'll be there! 

I didn't know you'd be there! That's great! I'll be there a little today, most of the day Fri, some of the day Sat evening, and some of the day Sun. I'll be around the ChiLUG table, Eurobricks collab, and the GoH and BoBS collabs.

11 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Hey y'all!  Anybody else coming/at BW this year?  I think Phred, Capt Wolf, and MKJ (saw your ship there today, mate - that thing is pretty big!) were planning on being there, right?  Kai and I'll be there with the Innovalug team, though unfortunately neither of us have got any BoBS stuff on display :pir-cry_sad: :pir-grin:  I'm the guy running around with the coat and the gold sash (and maybe an eyepatch too, we'll see :grin: :laugh:).  Would love to get to meet/hang out with any BoBSers who'll be there! 

Just now, MKJoshA said:

I'll be there a little today, most of the day Fri, some of the day Sat evening, and some of the day Sun. I'll be around the ChiLUG table, Eurobricks collab, and the GoH and BoBS collabs.

Life has gotten totally in the way for me, and I'm not going to be there this year. :pir-cry_sad: I would have loved to meet/hang out!

Will we see pictures?

(Particularly of the BoBS collab) ?

I have a football stadium in the works - the World Cup just started - and wanted to ask in advance: what category would fit best? In the real world it would be 100% "commerce" for sure, but I guess "art and culture" fits best.

50 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I have a football stadium in the works - the World Cup just started - and wanted to ask in advance: what category would fit best? In the real world it would be 100% "commerce" for sure, but I guess "art and culture" fits best.

I'd definitely say "art & culture"

Yep, my soccerstadium was art and culture as well :)

Btw I hope @dr_spock is ready to host this years soccer cup after winning the very succesfull edition last year in Trador :)

10 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

Yep, my soccerstadium was art and culture as well ?

Btw I hope @dr_spock is ready to host this years soccer cup after winning the very succesfull edition last year in Trador ?

You spelled "football" wrong. :tongue:

I do hope for a continuation of the tournament though! :thumbup:

On 6/14/2018 at 10:56 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Life has gotten totally in the way for me, and I'm not going to be there this year. :pir-cry_sad: I would have loved to meet/hang out!

Oh, sorry we'll be missing you!  Hope to be able to come across each other somewhere or another one of these days (or years, maybe I should say :grin:

On 6/14/2018 at 10:54 AM, MKJoshA said:

I didn't know you'd be there! That's great! I'll be there a little today, most of the day Fri, some of the day Sat evening, and some of the day Sun. I'll be around the ChiLUG table, Eurobricks collab, and the GoH and BoBS collabs.

Nice - great to see BoBS has got something going there!  Glad to meet you IRL and hope we can meet up again sometime tomorrow!

Aye, the BoBS Cup tournament is coming to Bastion, assuming Prio doesn't blockade Bastion in the months of August/September.  A little hard to have a tournament when the players can't get into port.  Maybe we can do a sea water football/soccer tournament as a backup plan.  

A winner's trophy has been commissioned for the tournament.  (Winner will have to provide a mailing address to receive trophy.)

40816183131_163a169ef4_z.jpgLet's Make a Trophy by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Sweet that you are getting this going dr Spock! No worries about the Grand Dutchy I'm sure we can get a free passage for players and fans when the time is there ;) 

On 6/14/2018 at 11:54 AM, MKJoshA said:

Saddly I missed all but Phred lol but he did show me the displays ... And I know to do all access next year ... Anyone going to the ft wayne BW?

RULE UPDATE

Dear all,

The court has discussed class 0 boats and come to the following conclusions. Henceforth:

• Prefab boats, canoes, etc. can no longer be licensed.
  • Class 0 vessels now count 0.5 towards your shiplimit. (Rounding up)

Existing class 0's will be allowed until sunk, although they will be impacted by the 0.5 shiplimit increase.

I will update the relevant rules.

38 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

How is sistershipping being affected by this?

You will not be able to sistership a lost one, if it is a prefab moc. I suppose that is what you mean? :)

Otherwise, it isn't affected.

29 minutes ago, Bregir said:

You will not be able to sistership a lost one, if it is a prefab moc. I suppose that is what you mean? :)

Otherwise, it isn't affected.

Aye, that was my point, thanks.

Another poor change to the rules sadly. :thumbdown:

11 hours ago, Bregir said:

RULE UPDATE

Dear all,

The court has discussed class 0 boats and come to the following conclusions. Henceforth:

• Prefab boats, canoes, etc. can no longer be licensed.
  • Class 0 vessels now count 0.5 towards your shiplimit. (Rounding up)

Existing class 0's will be allowed until sunk, although they will be impacted by the 0.5 shiplimit increase.

I will update the relevant rules.

Just gonna say I told you so back in october that someone could do this. :pir-tongue:

Excellent change to the rules, court. 

6 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Another poor change to the rules sadly. :thumbdown:

Just be glad you got in before they changed the rules. And you still owe me a class 4. :pir-tongue:

18 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Just be glad you got in before they changed the rules. And you still owe me a class 4. :pir-tongue:

Aye. And aye - got you covered, might stink of dead people and whale meat though. :pir-grin:

Edited by Drunknok

In order to ensure that we don't overlook any vessels being detained in the MCRA, each faction should designate one person who can send me a PM with all the vessels that faction is detaining. All that I need is the name of the ship and the location it is being detained at. Please ensure that the list is sent prior to the MCRA deadline.

1 hour ago, Captain Genaro said:

In order to ensure that we don't overlook any vessels being detained in the MCRA, each faction should designate one person who can send me a PM with all the vessels that faction is detaining. All that I need is the name of the ship and the location it is being detained at. Please ensure that the list is sent prior to the MCRA deadline.

I will respond for the Sea Rats. PM just sent for this month.

1 hour ago, Captain Genaro said:

Which Oleander vessels have paid their port taxes in Nova Terreli?

Comet 2

Executioner

Dukesc

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 84 DBs in taxes

Executioner

Executioner

Oleon

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 25 DBs in taxes

Le Gros

Executioner

RNTC

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 132 DBs in taxes

The Argo

Executioner

Phred

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 130 DBs in taxes

The Corcel

Executioner

Dukesc

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 84 DBs in taxes

Diligente

The Navigator

Kolonialbeamter

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 35 DBs in taxes

HRS Retribution of Breshaun

The Navigator

Oleon

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 25 DBs in taxes

Persévérante

The Navigator

Kolonialbeamter

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 35 DBs in taxes

The Navigator

The Navigator

Dukesc

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 40 DBs in taxes

The Pearl of Loyalty

The Navigator

Phred

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 35 DBs in taxes

Comtesse de Praenia

The Turgut

Kolonialbeamter

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Sprung a leak, cargo ruined. Owes 35 DBs in taxes.

La Recouvrance

The Turgut

Kolonialbeamter

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 278 DBs in taxes

The Ambition

The Turgut

Phred

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 215 DBs in taxes

The Lightning

The Turgut

Dukesc

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 278 DBs in taxes

The Turgut

The Turgut

Phred

Oleon

Nova Terreli

Owes 25 DBs in taxes

17 minutes ago, Legostone said:

Which Oleander vessels have paid their port taxes in Nova Terreli?

All the taxes were paid in full as of yesterday. I sent Elostirion a PM stating that the taxes were paid.