Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

7 hours ago, froggy95 said:

Appears there is a new small animal mold in the 60192. It too is trapped in the ice

Maybe a squirrel :laugh::tongue:

Wasn't there a rumour about an orca in one of the arctic sets? I coldn't spot anything that would resemble a whale-mold...

26 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Wasn't there a rumour about an orca in one of the arctic sets? I coldn't spot anything that would resemble a whale-mold...

Inside the big exclusive set (which is not in the prelim catalog) ;)

Is it me or does the Hospital seem very minifgure heavy?

Also doesn't look like we're getting nay new vehicles for Summer 2018...

27 minutes ago, legotownlinz said:

I can't find the new catalog. Can somebody please post the link or send it by PM?

Same here. I had a look on all the regular sites, but could not find it. Thanks.

1 hour ago, chrisb2012 said:

I count:

7 minifigures outside + 1 baby

1 minifigure inside the helicopter

3 or 4 minifigures inside

The helicopter seems small and the helipad on the ground floor is quite strange, but the 6 studs-wide ambulance looks very good! 

3 floors is a decent size, but i think the building is closed on 2 sides instead of 3 (like the Temple of Airjitzu) which, to me, is unfortunate :/

5 hours ago, chrisb2012 said:

Its a good thing IMO that the hospital is minifigure heavy. After all they can be busy places.

3 hours ago, sebitsena said:

I count:

7 minifigures outside + 1 baby

1 minifigure inside the helicopter

3 or 4 minifigures inside

The helicopter seems small and the helipad on the ground floor is quite strange, but the 6 studs-wide ambulance looks very good! 

3 floors is a decent size, but i think the building is closed on 2 sides instead of 3 (like the Temple of Airjitzu) which, to me, is unfortunate :/

Internally I see:

Ground floor x3 figs

1st floor x1 fig + what looks like a skeleton 

2nd floor x1

so I see 14 figs plus a skeleton 

happy days

I am surprised the hospital color scheme does not match that of the ambulance helicopter that was just released. Wasn't planning on picking up that one anyways since I already have a ton of helicopters. 

9 hours ago, sebitsena said:

Inside the big exclusive set (which is not in the prelim catalog) ;)

Thank you. I'd missed the info about the exclusive set.

18 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

I am surprised the hospital color scheme does not match that of the ambulance helicopter that was just released. Wasn't planning on picking up that one anyways since I already have a ton of helicopters. 

While matching color schemes for similarly "themed" sets are pretty common to Lego sets (just look at the preponderance of bright red fire stations), that's not actually all that accurate to real life. A bright color like yellow generally makes more sense for a helicopter like that which will often be used for remote rescue operations, whereas it'd be fairly garish to have an entire hospital in that color.

I like the look of the summer sets, especially that Hospital.:wub:  I know it's only a blurry preliminary image but it finally looks like we have a solid Hospital set. The first hospital was OKAY at best, the second was just a huge disappointment (in fact it was so bad the official set name was something like Helicopter rescue, nothing to do with the hospital itself):laugh:.  But this one looks epic.:wub:

Edited by Legoman123

Arrrgh, missed the Portuguese catalog leak and its now taken down. Anyone that cares to PM, especially just the Arctic sets prelims, would have my undying gratitude...

***edit - thank you***

Edited by Lucarex

It sounds good but I missed out on the pictures. But thats a lot of minifigures for a set.

Yeah, but that's just prelim. Sometimes, a minifigure is missed in the prelim and comes with the final set. The opposite may be true ;)

I don't like what LEGO City is doing, I mean Arctic is not City, Mountains, swamps,mines are not City.

I find myself buying more Creator sets then City sets.

My favorite theme is City, but I just feel left out the last years.

15 hours ago, Legocitycustoms said:

I don't like what LEGO City is doing, I mean Arctic is not City, Mountains, swamps,mines are not City.

I find myself buying more Creator sets then City sets.

My favorite theme is City, but I just feel left out the last years.

The "City" theme includes modern-day stuff outside of cities, the same way the Town theme included modern-day stuff outside of towns (like the 90s Arctic, Divers, Outback, and Extreme Team sets), or the same way the Castle theme includes medieval stuff outside of castles. Even these two sets seemed to take place in the wilderness, but I don't think I've ever seen anybody argue they don't qualify as Town. City, Town, Castle, and the like are basically brand names, not definitions.

And anyway, there are LOADS of cities in or near jungles, mountains, and swamps in real life, certainly way more than there are cities that have their own space centers.

Edited by Aanchir

A larger pic of the People Pack has shown up. The baby is definitely in a chest carrier, but not a whole lot else is clearer.

11 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

A larger pic of the People Pack has shown up. The baby is definitely in a chest carrier, but not a whole lot else is clearer.

To blurry to see any more animals?!