The aftermath of war is ugly, and the latest war between Mardier and Eslandola was no exception. In spite of the honorable ceasefire and Mardier's negotiated retreat off the island, Mardier employed a scorched earth policy as a final gesture against Eslandola. Sadly, the only real effect this had was to impoverish the citizens left behind. Their own country had betrayed them, and a rogue captain who apparently wasn't done fighting the war hid their plight from the Eslandolans in a political power play. But his subterfuge was now revealed. Eslandola had been busy taking care of refugees from all over the island as they flocked to Puerto Desafio, but now Eslandola was sending foodstuffs and other needed items to the former Mardierian settlement of Malto, the remaining symbol of Mardierian cruelty. Here we see one of the Eslandolan relief volunteers delivering goods to a needy refugee family, whose house has been destroyed by Mardier's scorched earth retreat. They are happy to see the Eslandolans, as it is obvious they have nothing to fear.

brick_house.jpg

Cool ox cart. Nice use of the green hairs as food. First things first. That way of angling the base adds so much realism to any scene. Inspiring scene of hope.

To Gov. Willem Guilder

Wayfarer Trading Company, hereby referred to as WTC, is pleased to see your efforts to help refugees in the Free City of Nova Malto. We welcome all efforts and expansions in the free city, as it is not bound, or owned by any particular power. 

We are, however, disappointed that it took Corrington action to force you to begin relief efforts. We would hope that politics would not play a part in relief efforts, but that now seems to be the case. Regardless, as long as the refugees are helped, WTC is satisfied.

Regards,

Captain Mesabi

Wayfarer Trading Company CEO

Great MOC! I love the damaged house, how good the irregular base is and all the foods in the crates!

Neat vignette. The ruined house is very believeable. 

And it's great to see how much effort you all put into depicting the aftermath of this terrible war Eslandola caused with its imprudent behaviour.

Impressive work, captain, both in speed and quality. I like the ruined building, the cart and the tilted base.

On 6/25/2017 at 11:49 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Nice scene.

The wagon is well designed

Thanks. I can't take too much credit for the wagon design, though. It is lightly modified from Gandalf's cart in one of the LOTR sets. But it is nice, and so I drop it into a scene  occasionally when needed.

On 6/25/2017 at 11:55 AM, Sir Stig said:

Cool ox cart. Nice use of the green hairs as food. First things first. That way of angling the base adds so much realism to any scene. Inspiring scene of hope.

I forget where I saw someone use the green hair for heads of lettuce or whatever, but I immediately jotted that one down so I would remember it. And the angled base kind of just came together. I just needed room for the cart and people, but it really wound up adding a lot to the scene as a whole. Thanks!

On 6/25/2017 at 3:19 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Great MOC! I love the damaged house, how good the irregular base is and all the foods in the crates!

Thanks. The house was one I started a few months ago and never finished, so I actually did have to deconstruct it some to create the damage. :pir-grin:

14 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

Neat vignette. The ruined house is very believeable. 

And it's great to see how much effort you all put into depicting the aftermath of this terrible war Eslandola caused with its imprudent behaviour.

Thanks, but i think you mean the war that Mardier caused. :wink:

13 hours ago, Bodi said:

Impressive work, captain, both in speed and quality. I like the ruined building, the cart and the tilted base.

Thanks. As noted above, the house was already partially built, and the cart is in essence one of my standard props. I'm very happy with how the base really brought the scene together.

7 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

That sums up what I was about to say :pir-grin:

Thank you!

Neat vig Capt Wolf, great job on the crumbling house and as others have said, good work on the wagon design!  Clever use of those green spiky hairs as vegetables! :thumbup: 

Can't beat dark red masonry bricks! :grin:  Very nice scene, Capt Wolf, especially for how fast you must have pulled this together - great job all around! :thumbup:  Minifig activity and the cobblestoned street are very nicely done as well!

Great ruined house Capt Wolf, instantly recognisable as your style! The dark red masonry looks great and the burnt out bits are really well done. Also for some reason I really like the minifig combo of the wagon driver! Nice job, especially given the short production time.

I do like the depiction of the destroyed house - simple, yet very effective!

Cool base, nice minifig posing, and what a clever idea for the green hair as cabbages. :-) 

Edited by Elostirion