MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I know that the rumour of the Resistance Transport has been called into question, but surely either 75203 or 75221 must be a Last Jedi set containing Leia? Her later appearance in the FA waves was understandable considering her lesser role in the movie, but her more prominent position in LJ  means she surely must be getting honoured again in minifigure form? I only hope the delay proves worth it and we get a figure worthy of the late Carrie Fisher.

8 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I know that the rumour of the Resistance Transport has been called into question, but surely either 75203 or 75221 must be a Last Jedi set containing Leia? Her later appearance in the FA waves was understandable considering her lesser role in the movie, but her more prominent position in LJ  means she surely must be getting honoured again in minifigure form? I only hope the delay proves worth it and we get a figure worthy of the late Carrie Fisher.

I assumed it was still coming. It's also supposed to be the first minifigure appearance of nien numb

3 minutes ago, gvh said:

I assumed it was still coming. It's also supposed to be the first minifigure appearance of nien numb

it’s also a crock of isht. 

5 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

That really sucks, i need a new leia..

Here, here! Seriously though, I just can't see her being missed out; it would be tantamount to rudeness really. I'm not saying she is going to be in a Resistance Transport set, although what other set could she really be in? She could have theoretically have been included in the Wave 1 Walker or the Wave 2 Crait set but wasn't which suggests to me that either 1) Lego has a better set for her to go in (i.e. Resistance Pod) or 2) They're not going to make her at all which, in the words of Jar Jar would be 'How rude!'.

17 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Here, here! Seriously though, I just can't see her being missed out; it would be tantamount to rudeness really. I'm not saying she is going to be in a Resistance Transport set, although what other set could she really be in? She could have theoretically have been included in the Wave 1 Walker or the Wave 2 Crait set but wasn't which suggests to me that either 1) Lego has a better set for her to go in (i.e. Resistance Pod) or 2) They're not going to make her at all which, in the words of Jar Jar would be 'How rude!'.

A polybag is always a possibility, as is another Crait location-based set. But my guess is we will get either a Raddus or a Resistance Transport of some kind eventually, even though the one described earlier this year was obviously fake (bearing in mind the adage that even a broken clock is right twice a day).

Update on the DJ polybag in the UK. Tesco stores have had a cardboard off fixture display delivered this week with some new sets on it and the DJ polybag. The bag will be given away with a LEGO Star Wars purchase or can be bought separately for £4. I don't know if there will be a minimum spend but I do know that currently the promotion hasn't went live yet and not sure when but suspect it will happen within the next week. So the stock in most stores may not go out till promotion goes live.

40 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

A polybag is always a possibility, as is another Crait location-based set. But my guess is we will get either a Raddus or a Resistance Transport of some kind eventually, even though the one described earlier this year was obviously fake (bearing in mind the adage that even a broken clock is right twice a day).

That is true, although shoving her in a polybag doesn't seem right somehow. That being said, some ploys do get great detail. :)

I think your clock adage is exactly right :)

42 minutes ago, Markypops said:

Update on the DJ polybag in the UK. Tesco stores have had a cardboard off fixture display delivered this week with some new sets on it and the DJ polybag. The bag will be given away with a LEGO Star Wars purchase or can be bought separately for £4. I don't know if there will be a minimum spend but I do know that currently the promotion hasn't went live yet and not sure when but suspect it will happen within the next week. So the stock in most stores may not go out till promotion goes live.

Thanks for the update. Glad he will be somewhat easily available, assuming most stores get stock.

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

2 hours ago, gvh said:

That was from a fake rumor where they actually got one of the sets right with the throne room. Rest of the sets are from solo. One being the train from the trailer, a ship from the trailer, and two speeders with enfys nest 

39 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That was from a fake rumor where they actually got one of the sets right with the throne room. Rest of the sets are from solo. One being the train from the trailer, a ship from the trailer, and two speeders with enfys nest 

Shame. Still no nien numb. I was hoping he'd be a gwp. Maybe even a black vip card exclusive, which would be really dirty. On that subject, the whole black vip card is dirty. Halfway through the year and only one month of double vip. Nothing else, not even for may 4th apparantly, which is literally one of the two biggest lego days of the year. Messed up is what it is.

5 hours ago, hallonsylt said:

Im still going to be posting this:

Would absolutly love an UCS Vulture Droid :wub:

This is not the place for wish list items. You've been warned.

27 minutes ago, gvh said:

Shame. Still no nien numb. I was hoping he'd be a gwp. Maybe even a black vip card exclusive, which would be really dirty. On that subject, the whole black vip card is dirty. Halfway through the year and only one month of double vip. Nothing else, not even for may 4th apparantly, which is literally one of the two biggest lego days of the year. Messed up is what it is.

We're not halfway through the year. We're 3 months and 12 days through the year. Still plenty of time for more promotional offers... but don't expect more than 1 per quarter.

Can we please stop complaining about the Black Card VIP offers? Especially in a thread like this. Let’s just see what is offered when the year is out... these are just some extras that are to be offered at some point but certainly aren’t the reason anybody bought the Falcon. It’s April... let’s see where we are when the offer period ends.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

According to Azani's list there are 3 sets coming in August with supposedly Solo code names: 75215, 75217 and 75219. But that still leaves 75221 and 75203 as potential LJ sets. The rumour of a Resistance Transport with Niem Numb may have been fake, but that doesn't mean that there won't be another LJ set or that it won't be a Resistance Transport of some sort.

10 hours ago, gvh said:

I would always assume that it, as well as any other "wish list" kit, is absolutely false and completely unreliable without further confirmation.

That said, if SvL says that it's coming, than that does make a difference.

10 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

10 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I would frankly love to see it; with the release of 75216 and 75230, I would suspect that TLG has plenty more planned for TLJ. :P

4 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Resistance transport will happen

Aw yeah? Would you happen to have a set number behind that, seeing that it isn't 75215?

8 hours ago, Robianco said:

Can we please stop complaining about the Black Card VIP offers? Especially in a thread like this. Let’s just see what is offered when the year is out... these are just some extras that are to be offered at some point but certainly aren’t the reason anybody bought the Falcon. It’s April... let’s see where we are when the offer period ends.

It’s the only reason I bought it at release. I want space slugs monthly and full time 2x VIP on SW.

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

It’s the only reason I bought it at release. I want space slugs monthly and full time 2x VIP on SW.

I wouldn't expect that, but for the people who sat out through the waiting list and fought and clawed their way to their falcon, I think we deserve more. I'll call in to my local store and see what info they have.

55 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

Just picked up Yoda's Hut and the Imperial Patrol battlepack. Yay.

Cool. Are they available in retail stores in Oz already?