Sign in to follow this  

Standing lonely in the sea, a sight forgotten sailors once yearned to see. Seeming destined to be lost forever. 
Until now...

33459559316_3086ee55e9_z.jpg

A little teaser for a future build. Not sure when it will be built though, either soon or closer to the end of the year :sceptic: And I will do some more builds leading up to it. The Base style was inspired by the talented Jaaxaap. It was a fun little build to through together and I liked experimenting with the texture. 
C&C wanted and Hope you enjoy.

Edited by The Maestro

The shaping of the broken leg had me scratching my head for a second... then I figured out that it was done in a really cool way! This model is altogether very lovely, while also being somewhat unsettling. The colors are muted, but it doesn't look monochrome, and the method of depicting sea foam you use here always works for me. I personally think this is pretty awesome, and I can't wait to see whatever future build it's teasing!

Neat statue! Especially well done on the textures. Really liking the rubble-look of the monument and the distorted look of the water. Looking forward to where you take this teaser. 

Simple, but a great atmosphere! :thumbup:  Looking forward to seeing more of this!

Very nice little build, and perfectly captivating the feeling of loneliness and wear! :thumbup:  Looking forward to more! :excited:

Nice build, the sense of wear is just perfect! Looking forward to the bigger build! :thumbup:

Nice little build, the sense of age is well conveyed. I look forward to the rest of this, especially with the anniversary contest with seafaring challenges coming up. 

On 3/18/2017 at 2:45 PM, astroknight said:

The shaping of the broken leg had me scratching my head for a second... then I figured out that it was done in a really cool way! This model is altogether very lovely, while also being somewhat unsettling. The colors are muted, but it doesn't look monochrome, and the method of depicting sea foam you use here always works for me. I personally think this is pretty awesome, and I can't wait to see whatever future build it's teasing!

Thank you, I am glad the leg gave the impression, that was what I was aiming for. 

On 3/18/2017 at 2:46 PM, Merc4Hire said:

Neat statue! Especially well done on the textures. Really liking the rubble-look of the monument and the distorted look of the water. Looking forward to where you take this teaser. 

Thanks Merc4Hire, I really wanted the textures to give that rubble look so i am glad you think it does.

On 3/18/2017 at 11:52 PM, Kai NRG said:

Simple, but a great atmosphere! :thumbup:  Looking forward to seeing more of this!

Thanks Kai

On 3/19/2017 at 0:48 AM, jakbar said:

Nuce simple statue. The see is beautyfull!

Thanks you jakbar

On 3/19/2017 at 2:37 AM, Garmadon said:

Very nice little build, and perfectly captivating the feeling of loneliness and wear! :thumbup:  Looking forward to more! :excited:

Thanks alot Garmadon

On 3/19/2017 at 3:25 AM, TitusV said:

Nice build, the sense of wear is just perfect! Looking forward to the bigger build! :thumbup:

Thanks Titus

On 3/19/2017 at 8:21 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Nice little build, the sense of age is well conveyed. I look forward to the rest of this, especially with the anniversary contest with seafaring challenges coming up. 

I was hoping someone might make that connection :grin:

Quite an efficient use of parts, that certainly conveys an ancient abandoned statue :thumbup:

Looking forward to what you do with this in the future!

Wonderful ruined texture, the touches of olive green help add a nice bit of color. Great water as well.